1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[428] General Knight Discussion

Discussion in 'Knight' started by killatron46, May 14, 2012.

1. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

And naturally, I still haven't figured out how to Shield Bash. :rollseyes:

2. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

All you do is jump and shield while jumping into someone. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't depending on lag and other things. It is usually used as a quick counter to slashes.

KnightGabe13 likes this.
  3. BeenCarl

BeenCarl Catapult Fodder

I assumed shield bashing was when your were just shielded. Would be a nice add to bashing if you could push an attacker away with a shield 'push'.

4. killatron46

Faster server browser update . . . Build 420 has been released.

- server browser now uses API and threaded calls
    - more colors in server preview minimap in server browser
    - many server browser bugs fixed
    - made arrows not damage at minimum velocity under water
    - made arrows skip higher
    - dirt no longer created for infinite support
    - fixed dropping mats working always -> allowing inf mats on startup

5. Exid

Exid Shark Slayer

Shield bashing has incredibly weak stun (its even weaker then a arrows stun from 40 blocks away) and it only pushes the enemy a few blocks, but I and others have noticed that you can do a infinite shield bash and if you use this bash agianst a enemy who is touching a wall he will explode.
    Also Is it just me or is jabbing right after shielding makes the jab animation disappear???
    Jabs sometimes go through shields, A single slash Is useless against a shield, and a double slash sometimes kills people after the first slash.
    And the last thing Jab spamming Is becoming the way to win again.

Ghozt likes this.
  6. This. So much of this. I have just ridden on top of people 20+ tiles down a slight slope with a shield bash and them unable to do anything about it.

It seems if there is a block under them and to their left or right (depending which way you're shield bashing them) they explode. So stay away from walls :p It makes having the higher ground more of an advantage then it was previously.

Idk, it seems that you can jab directly after the enemy jabs and you hit them. So there is some strategy to it. But just spamming jab when theres a bunch of people is the way to go.

7. killatron46

Build 421 is out, but I can't find the change log yet, so I'll edit this post when I find it or someone posts it to me in the Mechanics thread.

8. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

I can't seem to spam jabs successfully in this build, which I consider a good thing. Timing and strategy seem to play a large role in jabbing. I do think something is up with shields though. Mine seems to inexplicably fail once in awhile. Maybe I need to check the batteries. :p

9. killatron46

No you're right, even against henries shields act weird.

10. If you jab directly after the enemy you should hit them.

11. Exid

Exid Shark Slayer

People can do this while holding their shield up, meaning that the first to jab will get killed, its like a counter but worse.

I don't have a problem with jab spam I can just use my shield to block (even though 20% of the time it fails to block) its the bash and jab that screws with me and others. A knight can push another knight a few blocks away and because of how powerless the bash is people can run up right after it and do a jab while you are still stunned, The problem is that you can keep on doing this until the enemy dies. This bash and jab spam Is extremely effective with the jabbing right after a enemy does which makes it even worse and bashing and jabbing spam also makes slashes useless so yeah Spamming is the way to go this build. ^_^

Don't really on your shield It will only let you down when you need it the most.

Riletyface, Ghozt and Antman like this.
  12. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

Shields suck, Knight is slowly detoriating... But seriously... We really, in my oppinion, should stop nerfing, but instead make things stronger to balance... Not sueprhero +912 strong, but like stronger to match, it makes people happier, and well, i feel like sometimes it bullshits me...

Bammboo likes this.
  13. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

For me, every class in the game is balanced enough to make people happy. Besides builder combat, or course : Builders in water are very annoying, they can kill you easily because of the damn hit radius.

14. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

Im still confused with water, so im not arguing about that, but personally, i hate nerfs, and with we would a become stronger, Maybe new technology and we all get powerup!(not like the pickup thing, just that everyone gets stronger to balance) Thats what i wish.... The nerfs are annoying (and bullshitting) me

15. killatron46

The only alternative to nerfs is buffs. You can only buff for so long before you have flying knights and burrowing/tunneling archers.

The devs are doing as best as they can, for now just give them feedback on combat and the constructive criticisms of the community at large will finally find balance on its own.

16. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

It seems there have been quite a lot of nerfs lately. Too many IMO. For instance, knights' bomb jumping, and archer melee combat (although it did make alot of sense). I think we need less nerfs and more buffs. All in moderation, of course.

We already have flying knights, and archers can dig through dirt. And speaking of flying knights, is that glitch fixed yet?

17. killatron46

That feel, when the build number keeps getting updated.

- A number of API calls made from KAG servers to the API were changed such that they do not cause lag spikes on the server in certain situations. The server should also deal better with the API being unavailable (if it is completely unavailable, people will not be able to join but the players already in the server should be fine)
    - There have been a handful of changes/hotfixes since 421 came out, so it is time to bump to the next build number to ensure everyone has the latest and greatest

enjoy!

allknowingfrog and KnightGabe13 like this.
  18. Exid

Exid Shark Slayer

I remember when people were complaining a few builds ago about jabs countering and yet I'm seeing people who are fine with knight combat in this build. ever since the devs tried to fix knights (Ex: nerf-making slashes slower by 5%-effect- caused jab spam to become the way to win for a few builds, Ex: Trying to fix falling damage and shields-effect-Shield bashing became overpowered and got removed for a few builds).They made knights horrible and Knight combat has been getting worse with every single build (I'm sure most of you noticed this). I rather have the devs Fix Combat in all three classes properly then adding new things like fire arrows and other stuff, I'm not sure of other people But I would rather play a game that's equally balanced for all classes and is actually fun to play instead of aggravating and moronic.

Sitanel, Antman and Foxodi like this.
  19. Antman

Antman Base Burner

I agree with what Exid said.. Although I beileve it's fun still, it's no where near it's potential. And was alot more fun many builds ago :S

Exid and MCrypa like this.
  20. MCrypa

MCrypa Haxor

Personally, I don't find knight combat too hard, really.
    Just some minor issues.

However, I remember how knight combat was good back in the 200-builds.
    What amazes me is how knight combat could change in such a degree that would make people whine about it.