1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[428]ImAwesome's first self designed tower.

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by ImAwesome, Jul 13, 2012.

1. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

Well,I decided to have a go at making my own tower,here it is:

screen-12-07-13-11-51-09.png

Now,for those of you who think "you can't get up!",then you are wrong,because if you run up to the door,go through it quick enough,and jump,the boost pad will work,sending you up to the team door.
    The next part of the tower is the archer part,which is where I am....
    in this part,archers can shoot up through the holes,and a bomb chute for pesky bombs to go through.
    At the top of the tower,there is a trap to get knights that go up through the hole (if they manage to get up),and (hopefully) kill them.
    Please give me feedback on it,but no "this tower is bullshit" comments.

2. FG

FG Fran Donator

i like it but you might want to chop the trees in front of the tower down because the enemy archers would arrow ladder up on top of the tower. Also there should be a way to get on the roof so knights can bomb jump.

3. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

Hm, a few knights and a builder could breach your archer nest with ease.
    2 knights and a builder will break a door and the stone block in no-time.

Also, the tower is WAAAAAYYYYY too high, if you try to go trough it, you'll take damage when landing, or AT LEAST be stunned, wich is very bad if you are going to fight a mob of enemies.
    Try to make the block your main exit is on 7 blocks high, as such:

:door:
    :door:
    :castle_wall: <---- 7 blocks above the ground

Also, many people will not understand the jumppad, and if you accidently walk past it, you have to try it again, and it costs time in wich a few knights can have catched up to you.

4. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

If the archers get up,knights will pwn them. (unless they are cykalu/Contrary/kag625/Carver.
    1.I was trying to decide between an archer pit and this:
    :castle_wall::bridge::spikes::bridge::spikes::bridge::castle_wall:
    2.I didn't mean to make it that high.
    3.Well we have to teach the newbies then,and I find it very hard to miss.

5. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

The spike pit would be much better, but something even better would probably simply adding shops/better archer nests in the top, instead of using the resources for that.

6. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

Just chopping down some of the trees and the enemy can also dig under it. instead of having the underground archer pit, (looks like it would take a while to build) I'd just put in a bomb catcher. Also, I know you can climb up the tower, but some people might not get up first shot and could fall down and be slaghutered by knights.

7. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

I will add that when I am not lazy.

8. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

I do not see it as a valid argument : a team of 2 knights and a builder can wreak basically any structure if given a chance.

Ej likes this.
  9. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

Good point.

But still, i think you'll see that underground highway to the other end of your tunnel used by enemies quite alot.

10. Xlayer

Xlayer Haxor

Archer nest is nice, but needs a bit more protection. Other than that I like it.

11. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

1-2 knights could just tunnel strait under.

12. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

New tower coming up soon,if Guro approves it is good enough.

13. MINIMAN

MINIMAN Shark Slayer

A knight could just throw a bomb down (the archer hole underneath) then break the door and get pass your tower.
    Maybe trying adding a kneecapper and stay at that "7"/"9" height with door's.
    Also maybe try adding a thing that you can collaps on your enemy's (with trap bridges or stone bricks)
    But yea nice tower just don't like the archer hole underneath the tower.

14. lemonXmetall

lemonXmetall Catapult Fodder

Archer nest is not a bad idea but needs plenty of fortifications to prevent knights or builders from tunneling. They have high ground when tunneling and it's too dependent on trees to keep a builder from enclosing him/herself and teammates.

15. RobertStephenson

RobertStephenson Builder Stabber

What's the point of the spikes all the way at the top?

16. Here's my opinion on this tower:
    [​IMG]