1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[428] PenFort (Building Critique)

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by penboy337, Jun 25, 2012.

?

Your Rating

Poll closed Jan 25, 2013.
  1. 1-2

7.1%
  2. 3-4

28.6%
  3. 5-6

14.3%
  4. 7-8

28.6%
  5. 9-10

7.1%
  6. 31337

14.3%
  1. penboy337

penboy337 Catapult Fodder

Hello, and thankyou for visiting this page... I just wanted some opinions on a building that i usually make at the front lines, so here it is....

Pen Trap Tower.JPG

And here is my explanation for why i make this fort the way it is.

Pen Trap Tower Explained.JPG

There are alot of Traps on it; alot of them, I admit, I didn't come up with, but rather Read on this forum, and I combined them into a great Amalgam that I have Dubbed "THE PENFORT" The Cata Nest in the top right will work Because there is usually a Archer standing in those doors.

And while yes it is material heavy, in the time it took me to get from the roof into the inside, and knock all the holes in the walls, it gibbed 30 or 40 of the Red units, right on the door spike. I'm actually pointing my hand at the annoying knight who is just standing off screen.

So what do you guys think?

What should I add/remove?

And

Dont I look Hot?

(I R Girl)

Thanks -Pen

2. Bammboo

Bammboo Ballista Bolt Thrower

If the enemy gets cata'd or bombjump on top of the building it will most likely spell the end of it.

soulrealm and Froghead48 like this.
  3. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

Good Fort.

Good:
    • Hella Good Traps
    • Good use of that bedrock!
    • Nice Cata Nest
    • Good 2 archer nest
    Bad:
    • Resource Heavy
    • Easy to bombjump/cata over
    • thin walls
    • shops all in one area
    • if an enemy builder got on top, GG
    These are my Good/Bad Pointers. also, you could add a wall/trap by those trees :rollseyes:

penboy337 likes this.
  4. penboy337

I usually make it taller, but if you notice its on a cliff, and the terrain goes downward. I had already destroyed the tower they had in the front with the cata, and in order for me to get to the roof take the awesome Picture i had to remove some spikes, it usually has Avacado Spikes on top, which is why you see some outside the door on the right.

In the bottom Screen Shot, look in the spike pit (the one by the door entrance on the left) and youll note two Team door areas These, would have led to my third screenshot which would have covered the bottom of the fort.... but we won, so I couldnt take the 3rd screenshot...

It Continues on down to the base with a trap lined tunnel leading to a Manhole, and then into a archer bunker at the front lines.
    as far as Catapults go we had indeed beat them to the only gold in the map, hence the Floor seen in both screenshots, so it wouldnt have been a problem.
    And you would have to be ONE HELLOVA BOMB JUMPER to get over the Fort.

Builders Cant ladder over because the archer nest picks them off.
    Sure its resource heavy, but that is why it is on the front lines. So you can run up and grab stuff from dead builders/ have Hunky Knights bring them back for you.

And there are plenty of places to add shops/ extend upward.

I thankyou for your Feedback, and I insanely wish that I could have taken the 3rd Screenie.

The main trap in front lines is....

:castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::spikes:
    :door:
    :door::spikes:
    :castle_wall::bridge: :castle_wall::dirt: :castle_wall::dirt: :castle_wall::dirt: :castle_wall::dirt:

Froghead48 likes this.
  5. CoD

CoD Haxor

The cata nest; why do you have team doors?
    Some spikes there are a little pointless.
    But you are sexay! ;)

soulrealm and Froghead48 like this.
  6. penboy337

Picture Is not of me, but of a close Resemblance, and to answer your question, its for knights to parachute down. I usually am on the MOLE CTF server, but drop into Beos War Server every now and then, so you have a High chance of seeing me, and my Awesome builder skill.

As for the Spikes,

7. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

How the hell are you gonna get time to get that up on the front lines without being bombed or builder destroying it?

8. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

Waaaaay oversized, and ugly and huge font, wich pisses me off.

"archer nest!" is not a good defense against laddering builders.
    Tough i can see how it would be hard to ladder over something like that.

I kind of like it, but it takes alot of resources to build, and towers at the front lines tend to be less resource-heavy, because they have to be erected quickly to defend incoming enemies.

As a last note, whats the function of the little hole under the shop area? It seems to serve no function but letting enemies chuck bombs in.

9. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

As an offensive builder, I will simply seal your tower only entrance and ladder over this tower.

Archer's fire angle is terrible, and knight have only one way out that can be easily blocked. And your spike are just useless.

This tower is too expensive, not enough efficient, and to easily takeable by a good-average offensive builder with 2 or 3 knights.

Guro and Beef like this.
  10. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

Another misc note, i just read the thing about the archer nest thats ment for the cata to fire trough.
    "there is usually a archer standing in it".
    What if there is NOT an archer standing in it? then it would simply hit the door.
    I dont think archers would stand in it all the time, as thats only a spot for lobbed shots.

11. Agreed ^(above)
    no point in space below shop area
    archer angle shot is terrible
    archers get pwned by opponent archers
    cata nest is kinda terrible, since it keeps hitting back wall, unless ur putting cata behind it
    and that trap at the back on top is kinda useless, knights can slash jump over it, waste of resources
    takes ages to build not efficient enough even as a base building

sorry constructive criticism

point outs: you can add a small spike trap behind the front door at bottom, and implement Force's Bait Trap on it, extend archer angle shot and put back up shops. also reduce on the resouces!