1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[428] VIP Archer Tower

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by evol_nomad, Jul 8, 2012.

1. PeterPan14

PeterPan14 Bison Rider

It is good for Muti-player as well as zombies.

2. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

You can walk straight through it. :p If you put a little tower next to the spike pit it might be, yes. :rollseyes:

3. Grindle

Grindle Shipwright

I think he said the spike pit was to funnel out bombs,
    so like get rid of the trap before we cross :>:(::right: :blank::gear::no:
    I guess you could have a tunnel in there or something and it does matter if the archers aren't stupid :D.
    Yes but Rilety face is right 1 or 2 bombs could take this down :p.
    I would love to see a bunch of helpless archers get gibbed by that :).

4. PeterPan14

PeterPan14 Bison Rider

Yeah you somehow need to make sure that no idiots mine the tree, maybe you could put more then one tree, so even if they start mining one you have the other ones still?

5. CoD

CoD Haxor

Bunny if you added spikes on the edges you wouldn't be able to get without being spiked, unless you slash-jump out.

short_round likes this.
  6. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

Yeah, if it 3 or 4 blocks high you can get out (as a knight) so why don't you just make it 5 deep. :p

7. Gonf

Gonf Base Burner

I think the tower is very unique and helpful, but I cannot imagine it being used in any practical sense on a CTF server. Very vulnerable to bombs, as Rilety pointed out, and a simple leaping knight who does a single stab will bring down any archers into the hoards of awaiting enemies below.

It may be better on a Zombie server, but then you'd have to add team bridges for knights to enter, and in that sense the tower isn't any different from a lot of other Zombie towers I've seen.

Great ideas, but not practical.

8. but but but, what if a builder comes along (just one), walls over the bottom of the tower then collapses it????

also you might want to add uncompleted workshops (only requires 18 wood) to block enemy archer shots, so that our archers have a starting advantage

9. Gonf

Gonf Base Burner

Sorry, I didn't understand the tree concept. I thought it was used not only to climb up to the tower, but also as and archer perch, not unlike the ladders used in normal archer towers.

10. Gonf

Gonf Base Burner

That's kinda the case with any tower. "What if a builder comes along, seals off the exits with stone and collapses it?"

11. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

Thats for any tower.
    2 knights and a builder can take down any tower if its not properly defended.

Canadian98 likes this.