1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[469] Alligator Archers Nest

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Redigit, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Redigit

Redigit is not my actual name, it's Tommasop.

This is something you can consider making because:
    • It's not hard to make
    • Don't really need that much supplies
    • Has everything that an archer needs
    screen-12-08-03-14-34-11.png

What do you guys think?

2. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

I have seen that before, but this version is a much upgraded version, they are extremely effective on the front line.

Redigit likes this.
  3. Maverick

Maverick Haxor

Why do you need those two spikes under those two bridges? Just for the looks?

4. Redigit

For the teeth and because it may help if they try to catapult people over the creation they will hit he spike. This may happen.

(For if this is bad this is my first creation that's actually on the forums.)

5. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

I would replace the trapbridge-spike combination with teamdoor-spike combo, mostly to prevent anyone from firing in or tossing a bomb in from the outside.

Also, this is quite a wood-intensive structure on this map, seeing as all the trees are on the far sides.

Redigit likes this.
  6. BlackKlit

BlackKlit Shopkeep Stealer

Agreed. :B): Also this downer door can be addicted with 1 bridge-block to make possible open doors and fire without falling, also throwing bombs or building falling-blocks. And it will be better to create spikes on tower's roof, so any cata(bombjump)-flying enemy will get very butthurtX3
    P.S. I like design, if in the game will be attribute "fear", it may inflict it:D

Redigit likes this.
  7. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester

Good Points:
    - Not Expensive;
    - Many archers points;
    - Iit looks like a alligator xD

Bad Points:
    - Nothing

I liked that building ;)

Redigit likes this.
  8. kag625lw

kag625lw Catapult Fodder

Like the idea of the jump pad. And it is actually quite extendable, which is very convienient is you want to place a catapult on the top. On the other hand, I agree with Jim_Dale. The trap bridge is a bomb explosion or an arrow kill just waiting to happen.

Redigit likes this.
  9. Redigit

I was in the middle of using
    bridges and doors so either way is good.Thanks man this is my first creation that I put on the forums so I'm happy. :)
    You can also put an outpost. :)

10. Madoka

Madoka Shopkeep Stealer

Not bad but..

-Archer's movement is highly restricted inside it, because hostile archers might shot you from below
    -Bomb jumpers could land on the roof
    -It costs 530 wood and 520~ stone (implying you didn't fill the right side of the mountain with stone blocks to make it vertical and not considering the workshops)
    -Takes a lot of time to be built

11. Redigit

1.It does not take to long especially if you have multiple builders working on it.
    2.You can slo make this out of wood blocks because it's cheaper.
    3.You can put spikes on the roof so when they land on it they get hurt and you have knights all around.
    4. not to long.

I did this in like 2 mins. was not hard.

12. Madoka

Madoka Shopkeep Stealer

1. Builders can't telepatically know what do you want to build (trust me, organized building never work as you expect)
    2. True (Implying there are wooden blocks in all the servers)
    3. True, but knights would still survive and you can't build spikes in the upper doors.
    4. You made it on admin mode (Didn't need to gather resources, travel, etc.)

Note that a single trip from the spawn to the mountain and back to the spawn takes about a minute or more. It's impossible to build that in 2 mins if you had to chop down trees, mine, dig, walk, etc.

Redigit likes this.
  13. Redigit

1. You can always take down what they build and make it like this.
    2. Yep. :)
    3. Yep :)

Well it took 2 minutes for me because I was on Sand Box if I was on multi-player it would take 4 or 5 minutes depending on how fast you are.

14. Villekille707

Villekille707 Shipwright

I would never recommend taking down what others have built, because it can look really bad if someone sees you tearing down a tower that your team has made. Even if you're trying to explain that you're improving it.

But still it's a nice building. :)

15. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

Err...Am I missing something?

How am I suppoused to shoot incomming laddering builder?For this main entrance needs to be opened and an archer will fall down anyway.

16. PeterPan14

PeterPan14 Bison Rider

I love this building, The only thing I would change is I would put backwall under the over hang just in case you get mutiple bomb attacks and It could fall.

Redigit likes this.
  17. Redigit

thanks man! :)