1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[469] Sneaky Spike Pit

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by allknowingfrog, Jul 22, 2012.

1. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

I noticed awhile back that a damaged stone wall sort of blends with stone backwalls. You can use this to make a sneaky spike pit.

A knight can jump and glide across a six-wide spike pit...unless he runs into something. :D

:castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_wall::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg:
    :castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg:
    :castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg:
    :castle_wall::bridge::bridge::bridge::bridge::bridge::bridge::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::spikes_bg::spikes_bg::spikes_bg::spikes_bg::spikes_bg::spikes_bg::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:

This isn't a very good example, but you can see how it actually looks in-game. This would be much more effective in the open, in front of a tower or something. You can see the block if you're looking for it, but it's very easy to miss if you aren't.

screen-12-07-21-18-45-42.png

I've never seen anyone else build one of these, so I thought I would share. The problem with no one knowing about it is that teammates tend to "fix" the broken stone wall. Spread the knowledge.

EDIT: A better in-game example. This one actually scored a kill or two.

screen-12-07-22-13-21-05.png

2. Exid

Exid Shark Slayer

The main problem is that if you don't tell your team mates they will remove the block thinking it's not part of the trap.
    Some people in Australia have noticed this, But we have never used it as a trap :L
    Good job ^

3. Saverous

Saverous Shopkeep Stealer

This is a very clever trap but like Exid said, some teammates may remove it. I will include this in my builder Arsenal

FlameHaze3 likes this.
  4. Gonf

Gonf Base Burner

I love how people still manage to create enhancements to already designed features, such as spike traps. This is a great improvement, and I don't see why your team-mates would dig it up. I know you'll say: "Because they're all stupid." but as shown in this example fellow reds can easily walk under it.
    Fantastic idea.

Ghozt likes this.
  5. lemonXmetall

lemonXmetall Catapult Fodder

Just an excellent idea. You should add spikes to the side of the wall as it would grind knights for an insta-kill.

6. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

I honestly left them out because I forgot about them. It might be better without them though. It's supposed to look poorly designed and harmless.

KnightGabe13 likes this.
  7. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

Now that is some original thinking.

8. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

Never underestimate the skill of a troll builder. :D

9. BlackKlit

BlackKlit Shopkeep Stealer

Excellent idea! I want it in my tower;) I like these clever traps whese based on behavior algrhytms. You know that almost all enemies will jump to avoid trap, and prevent this jump with well-done masked wall. You know, thta enemy will go to crush the door and you make decoy or even claustrophobia trap. You know that enemy will explore and use your tunnel, and you make there acavado traps/doors and will be happy. And so on:B):

10. GreenArrow17

GreenArrow17 Shark Slayer

Wat would be even beter would be covering it up so its dark