1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[514] kl4060's random spike traps.

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by kl4060, Oct 7, 2012.

1. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

random spike traps
    BUT Screen Shot 2012-10-05 at 2.57.39 PM.png
    If you think there is something wrong with it post it below on how we can be more efficient. BUT please lets not be mean to each other

2. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

From your other threads, you clearly think that anyone who does not completely agree with you and praise you is being mean to you. In that case, I'm gonna go ahead and be mean to you. :thumbs_down:

1. There is no context to this picture. Please, explain these traps (what direction the enemy comes from, the way the spike works, etc.)
    2. Pretty much all of these traps have been posted before in one form or another.
    3. That middle tower is just a monstrosity that no sane person would go through. Anyone with half a brain would just hop over that 2 block gap. Same with the right building.

3. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

we are ONNLY looking at the trap not the building and sure i will explain it later

4. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

ok i would like you to do a small exercise:

1. take one of these buildings, say the one on the right
    2. count up all the resources you used
    3. take those resources and design a straight up tower, without traps or spikes on it
    4. now ask yourself, what would rather run into on the enemy team?

pretty much this entire forum section is full of people who make traps for the sake of having traps. lemme ask you a question: what do you do when a trap kills you?

a: run back into it and die some more
    b: stop being and idiot and find another way to pass it using builders/catas/bombs/tunnels?

sure, spike traps can be made to be more or less impassable for an knight, but do you know what else is impassable for an enemy knight? five stone tiles stacked vertically. traps can definitely stop people from moving forward easily, bull solid walls do this better in 90% of cases. walls are easier to build on, harder to disarm, more reliable, and much much cheaper and quicker to make.

again, everyone please stop making traps for the sake of having traps. consider: what purpose does this serve? when is it useful? can i make something that fulfills the same purpose for less time/resource investment?

5. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

if we make my trap they die once not knowing its there because its in dark tunnel.
    if we make your tower they don't die they just head back.

Not to be rude thanks :D
    </br>--- merged: Oct 7, 2012 6:13 AM ---</br>
    one on the right is showing 7 traps by the way.... its just a simple way of showing..

6. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Many people have a certain view on KAG and CTF. Technically, the point of the CTF is to capture the flag or to destroy all the enemies. Simply put, the goal is to win. However, a large portion of KAG's players do not see it that way. They enjoy the game only for the explosions and collapses and gibs. They desire only the fun and excitement of these effects. Winning is not really the greatest thing on their agenda. I see it every match, where a builder would rather collapse an enemy tower than convert it, because it's more exciting.

We see that kl4060 clearly prefers killing knights than holding them from a favorable position. He likes the killing and the blood. It gives him satisfaction. I think that this ideology is ruining KAG as a serious game. Now arguably, because it is a game, some say that the point of a game is just to have fun. But that's because they're losers. ;)

The other main driving force for a player is competitiveness. This creates people who obsess over their KDR and the sort. This is also generally looked down upon, because it makes it altogether unpleasant. The ideal player of KAG exists as a balanced intermediary between these two types of players.

I don't know why I suddenly decided to get all analytic here. It's 2:30 AM and I'm really tired. Don't blame me if I'm not making sense. :rollseyes:

Lord_bugg, LucasTT and kl4060 like this.
  7. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

Point of game is to have fun. thats rite BUT the way you have fun, thats when losers come.

8. + to quoting Para and MINIMAN, which I can't be bothered,

In my perspective the point of a game is not only to have fun.

The point of a game is to have fun, through competitive gaming, through meeting people and new friends, through meeting other people and learning about them, through enjoying the game, through gathering socially and through simply liking the game because it gives you a break from life. I can really use some more technical and complicated words there so you cannot disagree with me, however I am too tired and lazy to do that.

EDIT: Then there are groups of people who enjoy the game by making it not fun for others, even if they don't notice it. Most of us have all made a mistake like that at least once in our life, so don't judge.

kl4060 likes this.
  9. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

For me competitive gaming IS just my way of having fun.
    So I partly agree with you

10. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

the spike trap where you place a spike with two bridges, under and next to it,
    is totally worth it.
    it will, if used well, kill ten-twenty people before someone destroys it.

kl4060 likes this.
  11. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I 100% get this, this is why I use pretty much all of my bombs for bomb jumping and none of them for throwing. I don't think it's a bad thing if done in moderation.

However this is the building critique section. People should be posting here for the sake of improving.

Gofio likes this.
  12. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Never mind the crappy traps, the only thing I am interested in is how you are floating in that picture?

kl4060, Radpipe and thebonesauce like this.
  13. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

Suspended ladder.

EDIT: I would be scared to go through these even if they're my team's structures. They're more than a little haphazard and look like they would tear someone a new one if they pressed the wrong key while passing through.

14. Xlayer

Xlayer Haxor

Nice. Definitely needs serious moderation for when newbs on your own team mess it up, or for repairs from a catapult or bomb.

kl4060 likes this.
  15. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

only be true for most knights, some can even pass 5 blocks

16. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

And that's a moot point. What Contrary's pointing out is that these traps are time and resource intensive to the point that an impassable stone wall would be better. The focus isn't on "oh lol some peeple can jump four blocks so we'll make it 5 hederp"

17. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

Used editor to put ladder. If you zoom you can see like small half an pixel of ladder.
    </br>--- merged: Oct 8, 2012 5:03 AM ---</br>
    lol? :p
    </br>--- merged: Oct 8, 2012 5:05 AM ---</br>
    also I made bunch of traps to give other builders idea not so you can insult me or to protect our base. this is just bunch of traps not bunch of building with traps.
    Its made so enemy can pass through. you guys use the traps in your buildings not copy my bunch of traps

18. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

So give builders the idea to make useless stuff?

So in other words, this thread is pointless and nothing can be learned except what not to do?

Ej likes this.
  19. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

yes. yes. thats basically the point if you want to think of it that way sure.

20. Lord_bugg

Lord_bugg Smashing Donator

Anyone with half a brain can see tha the trap on the far right will kill them and that they should wait for a builder to come and build ladders. once you are on top of the trap to the far right builders can easiley build ladders to the top of the tower in the middle. Now you are on top of the tower any self respecting knight should be able to shield/cloak fly over the next two tower trap things grab the flag and run back, a few bombs should be able to take out the small tower to the far left (if it hasnt been destroyed/had ladders put all over it) and then all the knight with the flag has to do is notch climb the tall tower in the middle. shield/cloak fly over the first trap or jump or use the ladders that were built to get on top of the tall tower. then run back to his teams tent. In 6 easy steps your traps have faileed and your team has lost. Also these towers and traps are suicide towers and traps, your own team CANT get back over them meaning they either have to beat the other team or die because they cant get suplies on the other side of their towers.