1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[514] Reaction against knights.

Discussion in 'Builder' started by kl4060, Oct 7, 2012.

1. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

When builders see knight they just seem to run away but there is other options.
    If you know your gonna die anyway try to do as much damage as possible or slow them down so your team can get into position. for e.g.
    if the terrain is a mountainy map try doing this
    :hammer:
    :dirt_bg::spikes: :dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:
    :dirt_bg: :dirt_bg::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:
    :dirt_bg: :dirt_bg::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:
    :sword::dirt_bg::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:
    :dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:
    place a spike there just before the knight jumps. you can use this if there is about 3-5 knights following you. If you do this with 5 knights i garrantee you that you will kill at least 1 or 2.

a lot of people fall for that trick. because they obviously think they have already won.

if the terrain is a flat map try doing this
    :castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:
    yes nooby looking stupid building that can be destroyed. but by doing this you just delayed them, wasted their bomb, or stopped a few people from coming by shielding up.
    I know people can 5 block jump but noobs on just nomal servers don't :P
    also you can add some other features to it.
    JUST SPAM BLOCKS TO MAKE TOWER. don't block your own team. the goal is to delay them.

if your in water
    go as low as you can and make them follow you. this may delay them or even kill or damage them.
    they may not follow if they don't. charge at them and hit them. this will delay them and soon kill them. you may die in the progress but you were gonna die anyway

if you see a knight swimming towards you when your in land.
    make a wall and make sure they cant climb it. Also make sure they can't break a block and stay there. this will drown them :D and you will be an hero

if you see 5 or more archers on other team.
    really your team can't win this unless you have 5 or more archers so make small blockades. make a 3 block tower non resource heavy like this
    :dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:
    make this every 20 blocks this can be archer proof campy area.

if knights/archer are camping under your tower.
    If they have 1 heart and you have 3 i would jump... and stun them by landing on their heads with your bum.
    then spam with your hammer
    If they have half i would defiantly jump. all you gotta do is jump then land on his/her face then click.
    If there are more then one. drop something
    If there are more then one and you can't drop. then sit there and cry while waiting for your team knight
    If there are archers then quickly go to where archers can't get to you and make sure archers can't climb on to your tower with both arrows or trees.
    If there are ALOT or people then drop everything you have. you have bigger chance to kill a guy if there are more stacked up together.

if builder try to break your tower
    1. BACK IT UP FAST!
    2. he will make a cage. obviously. well how about be make blocks fall all around him? (collapse the cage.)
    if he dosnt let you then get a knight and make him throw a bomb in there. he will be trapped with a bomb in his own cage.

If you disagree or there is a better idea please post down below but lets not be mean now.

2. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

Many spelling and grammar mistakes, you should proofread next time. For example, you used "your" instead of "you're" in most cases, or just little thing like capitals at the start of your sentences.

kl4060 likes this.
  3. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

I don't think anyone needs a guide for the first image, that should be natural instinct to place spike on a wall the enemy is climbing.

Bammboo likes this.
  4. vampo

vampo alchemist Donator Tester

naw, leave him alone. he's from the future. in the future grammar nazis don't exist. neither does grammar, for that matter. trust me, i went there once, just now.

5. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

I didn't want to upset him :p, but yeah, generally covers all the basics of running away from knights.

6. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester

LOL I always do that :P
    Play with me as builder,and you ragequit :D

kl4060 likes this.
  7. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

May I ask you something?
    please either:
    1: use search and post stuff thats new only,
    or
    2:stop making useless threads with stuff thats clearly ripped off / already thought of many times,
    and stuff thats based on common sense.

you just keep making guides for new players,
    but the people that use the forums are 99% pro's.
    you have already made four - five guides, while none of them explained anything new.
    if you just thought no-one knew it yet, use search next time.
    if else... not saying this: it'd probably get me banned for a week =3

8. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Your grammar caused me to do this.

Canadian98 and jeffeypop like this.
  9. vampo

vampo alchemist Donator Tester

i see what you did there:B):

10. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Sorry to seem rude, but it seems that everytime you post a guide thread. You include stuff that everyone already knows. Even newbies would know to make random stone walls, and put spike traps on a hill.

Gofio and Canadian98 like this.
  11. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

talk to j4master4j. i made this for him.
    noobs will know
    super noobs won't.

12. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Actually most builders I see around only know the tool ladder. They'll spend good 3 minutes chopping some stone and adding ground level doors to some structure while 6 knights are screaming for ladders in front of an enemy tower. And once they're there, they often don't realise to avoid the falling stone blocks and arrows. It is EXTREMELY rare to see a builder to make wallspikes while escaping. The more it is rare to see them build smallish covers around the map that would help their team so greatly.

The OP has terrible grammar and spelling - but these things are not apparent to everyone. One backwalled linepiece and a quarter next to it can change the whole tide of the game.

I dunno if there's already existing thread of this though. If that's the case, bash n' blame.

13. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

I already said this, but:
    supernoobs are the ones that dont ever use the forums.

14. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

some of them do. like fizzle

15. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

GREAT!
    KL4060 made an entire new thread, just to help ONE person.
    you coulda told him ingame.

16. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

There is no need to mention Fizzle as a super noob, that is just plain rude of you. Maybe this would of been better if you posted it in the beginner thread. Or something like that

Gofio and kl4060 like this.