1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[569] Introducing the Faustpit- Tower/trap design by Faustbyte

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Faustbyte, Nov 17, 2012.

?

Do you think that this structure is reliable and effective?

1. Yes, my arse cheeks just clapped with glee.

68.1%
  2. No, i am not amused Faust.

31.9%
  1. Faustbyte

Faustbyte Catapult Fodder

This a trap tower design which utilizes a pretty effective tower design with an unpredictable trap. This particular design is original, but the concept it self has many variations.
    The post will introduce to you a seed. This seed will grow into a tree, but this tree can be shaped into anything you wish to be. The pictures I will show you is just my design. Its not perfect but you can refine it, and improve it. But without anything further to do....

Faustpit- the story

The
    Dilemma

Towers are structures made to essentially slow down the enemy, or to concentrate them into an area. They are not lethal, but they give you a height advantage.
    Traps on the other hand are designed to slow down and kill an enemy. They can rack up a few kills here and there, but it can be easily avoided or destroyed.

The Faustpit combines the tower and trap, making it a pretty powerful structure that will be sure to reduce quite a bit of your enemy's numbers. It is a powerful tower, and a deadly trap.

[​IMG]
    -The Glorious Faustpit (Simplified version)

Facts-It is designed by Faustbyte
    -It takes about 60-100 seconds to make (during building time).
    -Its reasonably cheaper than most towers (In terms of Stone. Please note that the trap bridge interior is not mandatory, but is recommended in case builders break into the tower.)
    -It kills the unaware easily and is a great deterrent- thus making it good at slowing them down and concentrating them near your area. (Most people back off after the first time. But if they are stupid, you can net more than 4 kills. The tower is more of a deterrent which bunches enemies together in the front. You can use archers and bombs to your advantage in this situation.)
    -It is effective at what it does. (It is death for the foolish, and a deterrent for the rest. A true wall.)
    -Cheap and easy to repair. (Enemies boom-boom the wall? Well hop inside the tower's interior space and repair it from the inside-Away from harm.)
    -Easy to defend (Assuming that you the builder, and the team mates are competent. No matter the design of the tower, if your team mates are complete dumb-dumbs then you'll be in for a tough time.)
    -Trap bridge can be used for archers vantage, or archer death pitting.
    -Its a freaking work of art.

How it works (Please pretend the victim is red)
    The Tower/trap may look harmless at first glace, but it is actually quite deadly.

-First the unsuspecting victim sees the entrance to the pit. Not knowing what to do, he goes in it.
    [​IMG]

-The victim then realizes what a dumb-dumb he is, and that he forgot his keys in the car. But wait. He cant get out of the pit!
    [​IMG]

-You, the hero, being a sadistic son-of-a-gun that you are, sees the enemy bellow you. You slowly prepare to kill him, opening the trap's trigger. With arse-hole levels at its peak, you wait for a few seconds, enjoying the squirming of your soon-to-be victim.
    [​IMG]

-The enemy tries to change your mind, telling you that you have nice hair. But you, a human male-genital, feel no sympathy for this poor sap. So you release the trap.
    [​IMG]

-The trap is perfect. There is no blind spot or any room for the enemy to escape. So having no other choice, he just accepts his fate as a pancake for the rest of his life.
    [​IMG]
    Fin.

This is how many will perish in your hands. As you can see, there is no place for the enemy to escape, and an insta-kill is guaranteed. The trap bridge is only one way of doing it. You can also choose to unleash doors above your enemies when then are trying to break your doors.

[​IMG][​IMG]

This method is less accurate than the overhead trap bridge, but is more cheaper.

ConclusionThe Faustpit is quite easy to make and it doesn't take too much time. You will only be slowed down if your team mates think they are the king of the world, and tries to...eih..improve the building for you. But other than that, the building can be built during the building time, and is as effective (if not more) than many other towers. The design above is just a simple diagram to show its main mechanics. It can definitely be more improved, and more powerful.

Here's a little something i came up with for an example:
    [​IMG]
    When your basic tower holds down enemies properly, you can put a few add ons and improve your tower while you wait. With 2-3 skilled builders in total, these improvements can be achieved in less than a minute.

As you can see, i've added shops, quarters, anti-flying knight roofs, archer holes, more supports, and some few aesthetics. Its all been done with the resources given at the start, and ive had help with my teammates.

You can probably do something better, but idk. This is pretty pimped out already, so you'll need a neat design to match up.
    But anyways, go for it.

Leave comments and suggestions if you have any, and stay awesome.
    </br>--- merged: Nov 17, 2012 5:22 AM ---</br>
    I can make a building guide, if it pleases you.

2. miketh2005

miketh2005 Arsonist

Nice. I've seen something similiar in other games where they trap you and then unleash hell.

Why is there a cross in your base? =D Trying to mimic the holy wars? :)

3. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

I like this. I myself would definitely charge straight into the trap, only to be killed. Only weakness, you're gonna need to man this non stop. Otherwise very clever and effective.:)

4. D0ubl3Tr0ubl3

D0ubl3Tr0ubl3 Shopkeep Stealer

I love this.

:spam::migrant:

That's what this trap is like.

Iamaclay likes this.
  5. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Moved to Building Critiques. Don't know how this belongs in the suggestions forum.

6. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester

Damm I loved that idea :eek:
    I'll test it ;D

Nice job sir.
    I won't build the entire tower,just the idea of it,it don't to be that high :)

7. Faustbyte

Just a word of warning, if its too low, the knight or who ever can, for the lack of a better term, unflip the trap bridges. This makes the trap harmless. You'll need to make it around 6-7 blocks at the least to avoid this.
    And thank you for trying it out, I appreciate your attention.

8. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester

Of course man,i'm not dumb :p
    I was talking about the stone wall in the right side

9. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Great structure, I've seen someone do very similar to this before, think it was Jerloch with the 'one way in', though it might have been amuffinattack.

Anyway, it's really great I've fallen for it tons of times when trying to slash at the enemy builder just sitting on the other side ;_;

Make sure you connect that top front though or they can break background to drop the front and free friends.

10. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Fookin' beautiful.
    I love how you made a story out of it, too. That just made my day.

As far as I can see, it really IS a work of art. Great work, man.

11. stig700

stig700 Ballista Bolt Thrower

its like the cage traps aka il catch a noob and never let them out thil they ragequit trap

12. Faustbyte

Thank you for your suggestion.
    Its just a concept design though to show the basic mechanics of the tower. It can easily be enforced by connecting the outer wall with the main tower via back ground walls. I believe the last picture shows something similar.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  13. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

Hey this is really creative. I would've never thought to use the one-way stair thing as a trap. Then I'm like oh, then you just go archer and shoot them from above, but no. YOU DROP A GODDAMN BRIDGE ON THERE HEADS. Mad Props. You don't even need to change classes. Brilliant work.

14. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

-It has been used before.
    -You have to cut down at least twenty trees for this single tower: the bridges cost more than 500 wood, havent counted the doors.
    -Most servers have at least ten people in one team, and sixty tickets for each team, so those four kills dont change the game,
    and no one is afraid of a bunch of bridges, especially if you can just push the sides and be safe most of the time, because one bridge usually wont kill you, then cut the doors and get out.
    -It is not effective at all.
    -Its gonna cost you 30 stone and probably more than 60 wood if someone bombs your wall, and if that person is smart enough to throw it when someone opens the doors, it will ruin the entire inside of you tower.
    -Its gonna cost you a hundred wood to kill one person with this trap.
    -There is only one door, which is, thank god, not at ground level. the archerspots are worthless. the trap-then-kill system is nice, but you will probably not be able to drop it before he can place two blocks of stone as a shield.
    -This one is true, but most builders are dumb enough to cut the bridge before the archers get back inside.
    -I wouldn't say it looks like art if its just a bighuge with a bridged pit in it.

still, this is not a bad tower, I'm just criticising your "facts"
    I wouldn't use this as a front tower, but as a second or third tower it would do well.
    the last picture is great, but uses a lot of resources.

15. Faustbyte

Thank you for your criticism! :)
    -My bad if it has been used before. Never seen it before, and I pretty much came up with the design in the top of my head. So yeah, this particular tower is designed by me.
    -The tower itself is not required to be exactly the same, you could use ladders, or not make the entire interior out of bridges. This is just a concept picture!
    -Capable of 4 kills or more at a time* Sorry for my poor wording. There isn't one bridge, there's more than one, and it insta-kills about 100% of the time (Tested in real games). As for the doors, you can use the door trap method mentioned above to avoid this.
    -Im not sure if you tested this, but im pretty sure its effective. I used this tower in a 10vs10, with our team losing. The trap-tower was way in the back, so it wasn't used untill then. But anyways, it did well to hold off the other team, and the 0-24 tickets, boiled down to 0-0. Unfortunately though, my bombing teammate, got stunned by an arrow and his bomb killed us. lol
    -30 stone and 60 wood is pretty cheap, and the bombs is a good thing. It means people have to waste money to destroy the tower rather than use it on players. Besides, not many would choose to do this, and if they do, its still pretty easy to repair. As for the bomb inside doors- the active builder (usually me) is not dumb enough to open a door to let a bomb in, and i think the trap would have killed him before he would have a chance to bomb the interior tower. In the event he does bomb the interior though, i estimate it would take at least two bombs, if there is no back supports (which is highly recommended to have).
    -You don't need to set off the trap with one person, you can wait for a bit, or build a a single door in the opening to collect knights. If the knight has bombs however.. drop that bridge and take it from him! :D
    -As for defend-ability, What i mean is that its easy to hold the position with the tower. The trap can act as a deterrent and make the battle focused on the outside, until the builders pop up. But IMO builders are pretty easy to take down (shows my bombs). (Reference: Used this tower in a dozen or so games.) The only time where the tower is easily destroyed is when my fellow builders wololo it into their own and start putting stone back grounds on the traps, stones on the trap entrance.. and basically molesting the entire structure. (Happened in about 8 of the games) But the other 4, the tower held its ground.
    -I agree. Builders nowadays are ugh.
    -Its beautiful in my eyes ;)

Sorry for the long reply. I appreciate your comments, and i hope this clears some things up for you. Cheers.
    </br>--- merged: Nov 19, 2012 3:54 AM ---</br>
    Your profile picture just made my day good sir.
    </br>--- merged: Nov 19, 2012 4:17 AM ---</br>
    It was inspired by that ;)

killatron46 and ParaLogia like this.
  16. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

This is really sweet. Also if anyone is concerned with cost:
    [​IMG]

There is an example of one of these built fairly cheaply, while retaining the concept of "trap and kill".

250~ stone
    130 wood (more for ladders if you need).

Attached Files:

Faustbyte and Gofio like this.
  17. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

:huh?: his post is longer than mine....

Well, I think I will use this design in game sometime.
    Its more than good enough for it.
    Is this just an idea that popped up in your head,
    or are you planning to make more buildings?
    =3

18. Xlayer

Xlayer Haxor

I've gotten trapped in most of these. Plus I actually enjoyed reading this post. LIKE

19. D0ubl3Tr0ubl3

D0ubl3Tr0ubl3 Shopkeep Stealer

I used this trap very sucessfully.

Faustbyte likes this.
  20. Faustbyte

Yeah, it just came to me in the middle of the night., while i was pondering for a good tower base design.
    And yeah Ill see if i can design more buildings

Gofio likes this.