1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[569] Introducing the Faustpit- Tower/trap design by Faustbyte

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Faustbyte, Nov 17, 2012.

?

Do you think that this structure is reliable and effective?

1. Yes, my arse cheeks just clapped with glee.

68.1%
  2. No, i am not amused Faust.

31.9%
  1. JoshTG

JoshTG Ballista Bolt Thrower

haha i was playing with you when you made it i think, you were all " CAN YOU HANDLE THE FAUSTPIT!" like last month

2. Faustbyte

Faustbyte Catapult Fodder

I get real excited when i pancake enemies :u

Gofio likes this.
  3. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

I get excited when enemies bake me pancakes =3

4. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

I get excited when pancakes are my enemies.... because then I can eat them.

Arcite, Faustbyte and Gofio like this.
  5. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

in that case, I wouldnt care if they're pancakes, I'd eat them anyway! XD

Faustbyte likes this.
  6. barge74

barge74 Haxor

this trap needs to be manned, so i wouldn't suggest this structure for the beginning of the game, i should be when ur team is losing, or when ur team is out of spawns.

Otherwise it's a great trap :thumbs_up:

7. D0ubl3Tr0ubl3

D0ubl3Tr0ubl3 Shopkeep Stealer

I like this trap. It looks cool and it is effective.

8. D0ubl3Tr0ubl3

But also, it would take a long time to build so the enemy could capture the flag before you have build the tower.

9. MINIMAN

MINIMAN Shark Slayer

Its called build time, bud.

10. D0ubl3Tr0ubl3

What if there aren't many players on the server and the build time is shorter?

11. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Hmm, cant decide if its good or not. It wouldnt really make too much of a difference but it would kill a fair amount of knights. I like your thinking but it needs to be modified to prevent basic scenarios and other scenarios. The trap depends on the fact that the enemy are dumb enough to enter the trap. I dont think this is original as I have seen it used a few different times. You should make the main entry for your team 5 blocks high with stone (its kinda hard to explain) and one trapdoor at the base of the stone. This makes the door unreachable by the enemy but also lets your team get in your tower easily. But all in all good work and keep it up.
    P.s. By the way I liked reading your post a lot. ;p

12. vampo

vampo alchemist Donator Tester

i really like this design. i combined it with my other favorite booby trap because my other favorite trap is already basically an entrance to the faustpit. plus if you're off gathering resources, this primary trap will take care of one or two knights without your attendance.
    screen-13-01-12-22-58-22.png

Bomber_Bomber2 and Force like this.
  13. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Three words: I love it.

14. vampo

oh yeah, i forgot to mention that putting it that close to the tree was intentional so you can hide the spike. a lot of builders will kill themselves on the spike trying to jump to ladder over, especially if you hide it behind the treetop by chopping it low.
    </br>--- merged: Jan 16, 2013 3:13 PM ---</br>
    here's a faustpit for all you minimalist whiners who can't modify the design with your own brains. easy to start with a skinny wall, expand forward and then reinforce after this point from behind to prevent being collapsed by bombs:
    faustmin.png
    if you damage the bottom brick on the front a little bit, enemies may mistakenly think they've tunneled into your tower and come in more willingly!

norill likes this.
  15. Hmm... won't enemy builders be able to build ladders for the knights going up? (Given that there is no tree to hide the spike.) While they're at it they can just block the entrance to the trap with stone blocks, making it obsolete... at least for a while. Other than that, its a great idea. Ruthless and ingenious at the same time. :)

16. vampo

if there is an unthreatened builder in front of any tower, it's going to be ruined quickly. not to mention the second image does have a tree in front of it, so if that's your preference do that, obviously. :huh?:

CrystalClear likes this.
  17. Ravenplucker

Ravenplucker Builder Stabber

I think what he's referring to is that there is no roof access or multiple exits. Once the builder ladders up and stones the door/seals the roof, your team is completely unable to move past it

18. vampo

you're obiously looking at the tower backwards. also even if you are, there is roof access. no matter how you face this tower, there is very easy roof access and multiple exits... also he is definitely talking about blocking up the ground level entrance with stone, not blocking the roof or the exits.

19. Ravenplucker

Ravenplucker Builder Stabber

Seems to me like the tower's built backwards. As a blue tower, the red team would be coming from the right, in which case my criticisms hold.

If they're meant to come from the left, then I apologise.

EDIT: I am talking about the most recent picture, by the way.

20. vampo

sure, on most maps
    naw, there is roof access and multiple exits no mattter how you look at it... nonetheless:
    every feature makes sense when enemy approaches from left: solid unclimbable front, faust pit, drop trap, hiding place. none of them make sense with the enemy coming from the right. actually consider the tower if you're going to make criticisms. not trying to be a dick, but if you took 10 seconds to try and figure out why anything on the tower is there, you would have realized you were looking at it backwards. criticism much appreciated, but please actually figure the tower out before you give it.