1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[569] Introducing the Faustpit- Tower/trap design by Faustbyte

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Faustbyte, Nov 17, 2012.

?

Do you think that this structure is reliable and effective?

1. Yes, my arse cheeks just clapped with glee.

68.1%
  2. No, i am not amused Faust.

31.9%
  1. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

I do not know if this has been mentioned but here I go.
    Screen Shot 2013-03-20 at 11.55.53 PM.png
    Basic idea is to trap them and drop things on them such as the trap bridge.
    This may not be the best idea since it is very weak against bombs, builders and cata.

But maybe you guys can modify it or change the idea a bit to make it better. :D

2. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

CrystalClear likes this.
  3. merged threads and punished kl[numbers] with a warnign point

Kalikst likes this.
  4. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

Oh, Im sorry -.-

5. Bomber_Bomber2

Bomber_Bomber2 Catapult Fodder

Looking around the forums for a good trap. This one takes the cake so far. Used it in half a dozen matches, and I've gotten at least 10 kills on it. PER MAP! :D The rest wouldn't go near it, making it great at crowd controling.

Just made came back to say that this gets my tehn/tehn.

6. I dub thee the next [​IMG]

This is a very expensive contraption actually. Like all traps, they usually work on a person 1-2 times, then they get the hang of it. Its actually one of the creative ones before though. I miss manning it.

Bomber_Bomber2 and Guitarman like this.
  7. miketh2005

miketh2005 Arsonist

Classic or the new game?

8. Bomber_Bomber2

Not sure about the version, since I usually play with my friend's client haha. (Cheaps Akoy)
    But I think its the classic?

9. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

A quick way to tell the difference between the two, is classic looks the same as the OP's screenshots, while beta has a different color palette.

10. Bomber_Bomber2

Oh thanks!

11. I need to point this out but what happens if the builder gets trapped yes, but then if they have 200 wood and you aren't on the same tower in the time that you are running to the tower to execute the trap this builder could be using ladders to get up the the wall.

I love this idea so much but once I looked twice I realised that, if you could change the trap in such SENCE that you have spikes on the wall to the right it might be easier to get to the tower to execute the trap faster due to the builder having to knock the spikes.

Also there are problems with the knight if he has bombs he can easily just bomb jump over this trap!!! Or break the block that is making the problem of him getting stuck.

I just need to be honest and if this building starts to be built these are the problems.

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

All buildings constructed by your team will have some kind of flaw, no matter how skillful that builder is. Its what makes a true builder when he handles these situations with cunning and ingenuity.
    :hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

Invisibility likes this.
  13. very well said :)

14. eric999

eric999 Bison Rider

The BEST trap! I shall torture them with this :D
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 12, 2014, Original Post Date: Feb 11, 2014 ---
    I ended up being the one tortured. :QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ: