1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[580] Force's Fortress

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Force, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Here's my main tower design. It invented it myself. Its meant for a near tent tower. It takes a fair amount of time to build but it is worth it because of its massive defensive possibilities. Please critique.
    screen-12-12-01-17-27-56.png screen-12-12-01-17-27-32.png screen-12-12-01-17-26-30.png

Razi likes this.
  2. MINIMAN

MINIMAN Shark Slayer

Good, but..
    I've been building structures and study'ing them but ive never seen that bomb catcher there...:huh?: screen-12-12-01-17-27-56[1].png (red circle)

Like who is going to throw a bomb there, taunting might work , but no...
    This is really easy to 'knock down' just by going in the spike trap and building around yourself, also theres only one entrance to get out (well theres 2 but you will most like'ly die by the drop, or hurt.)

Big enough tower and knights would most like'ly try to bomb jump over and destroy your building by force. About 2 or 3 will do,and there it goes, tumbling down with your team dead..

As you said , this is a 'near by' tower, I would put it as your front line tower, and put smaller towers behind. (near the teant.)

This is a fairly nice tower, just need to reinforce or adjust your tower.:):thumbs_up:

Force likes this.
  3. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

I think this is a fine example of a building that is too damn huge to copy as-is into any game, no matter how much time or resource you have. It's probably a better idea to split the picture into separate parts and explain how and why each part was built and what purpose it serves, so people can use parts of this in their own creations or create a smaller yet similarly effective building.

Other than that, it looks pretty nifty.

4. Force

Force Shark Slayer

I know. I just made this overwhelming to make it look good. If I really built it i would use the main structure but made smaller and only add the archer holes.

5. It's a strong design.

But I think you need to make it less, by thickness and height. The bomb catch isn't that much of help. But it's mostly a good idea, there is no need for a spam of trap doors in it though.

6. Force

Force Shark Slayer

I will post the structure I would build ingame. The ingame design is thinner and shorter. The overhang isnt so big.
    </br>--- merged: Dec 2, 2012 1:44 AM ---</br>
    I tried removing the bomb trap. But that consequently resulted in a bunch of knights bombing it and eventually collapsing it. But I will think of something and heed your advice. :)
    </br>--- merged: Dec 2, 2012 1:46 AM ---</br>
    Oh and also. The trapbridges at the base prevent builders from 'boxing' themselves in. I would have added more trapbridges but I dont want to put them above 3 blocks, because knights can then make the trapbridges neutral. Making a foothold.

7. Sounds good, keep editing.

8. HardPenguin

HardPenguin Horde Gibber

Way too complicated, to be practical. Follow that one rule:
    [​IMG]

D0ubl3Tr0ubl3 and SkiPzZ_ like this.
  9. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Sometimes simple just isnt good enough. :p

10. D0ubl3Tr0ubl3

D0ubl3Tr0ubl3 Shopkeep Stealer

By the time this tower is built, the enemy will have destroyed your main fort anyway.

11. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

It looks great Force, but it is a little resource heavy, the amount of resources spent on something like this is incredible, but as you said it would be meant as a last resort defense, so it would be in the back where all the resources are... Here are a few ways to reduce resource usage while maintaining the desired effect:

One, The majoirty of your spikes long the outside\upper part of your wall won't get used very often, so that would save at least 200 stone. Not the spikes right by the entrances, but the ones on the archer perches ect.

Two, Placing back wall in front of your tower is asking someone to do this:
    :castle_bg::castle_wall:
    :castle_bg::blank:
    :castle_bg:
    :castle_bg::blank:
    Blocking you inside, and giving them a start to circumventing your tower.

Three, I noticed that the middle part of your tower is 7 blocks thick... This is usually unnecisary, because if they start to termite into that bulk of stone, your tower is already lost. I tend to think 3-4 thick is good enough for any tower. Especially if you use Strathos' repairable design:
    [​IMG]

Four, Never underestimate back walls. Having a ton of back wall around the back of your tower can keep it from falling, even after the enemy gets through it, meaning you may be able to retake it later on.
    [​IMG]

There is my critique.;)

Force likes this.
  12. Force

Force Shark Slayer

As i have said before: This is just made massive to look good. If I really built it it wouldnt be that high. It wood have a few archer holes and it. It would really just go in height up to the second health shop (quarters).

13. D0ubl3Tr0ubl3

Good for sniping...

14. Force

Force Shark Slayer

I made it like that. :p

15. RikTelner

RikTelner Arsonist

Nice tower. At begin it looks kinda messy, but if you look on it for longer time. It looks very logical.

16. D0ubl3Tr0ubl3

But as I said before, by the time this tower is made the enemy will have defeated you.

17. Force

Force Shark Slayer

I get it thanks. As I also said before if I made it ingame I would make it thinner and not as tall!

18. I think the tower you a have spent time building
    it's...
    it's...
    [​IMG]
    Amazing!
    Must have taken some time like you have said.
    But please, you wouldn't have enough time to build something like that during a full on war.