1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[590] Above Ground Pits

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by BC, Jan 19, 2013.

1. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

ahh i see :thumbs_up:

2. XyellowX

XyellowX Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

The trademark BC building o:

I've seen you make these a few times, and like Raven, admins vs pub being one. Like some of the others I thought they looked a little flimsy at first, but they work amazingly well :D

3. When a map is filled with cuboidal one-wall passageways and nicely placed spikes - you know your fortress is safe.

That is, if it has backwall.

Practical and resourceful. BC, you're a model builder. ^^

XyellowX likes this.
  4. PixieKeira

PixieKeira Shopkeep Stealer
    1. Delta Force - Delta

I've been using a more simplified version of these as land-grabbers for a long time. Basically 3 stone blocks topped with a door and another stone block on that. No backwalls so when a knight slashes out the door the stone block on top kills him.
    [░]
    [▓]
    [░]
    [░]
    [░]

BC likes this.
  5. Eden

Eden Galen Slayer Donator

Doesn't always work, lag can come to the knights favor, or if they doge it QUICKLY! or if they rush with a builder they can also evade it, so it'll just be a waste.

6. PixieKeira

1. Delta Force - Delta

But if they rush with a builder, then this entire thread is rendered null. If I'm placing these, it means I'm the rushing builder

SlyStalker and Eden like this.
  7. Very good but it gets anyoing when people bomb jump over ou can meet have a pit the right size as I say the best option is a pit right next to the home base but this is a good idea BC nice work man

8. BC

BC Bison Rider

I've seen this tower trap kill people. It can also stall enemies just long enough for you to build a proper tower behind it. I like it :)

PixieKeira likes this.
  9. PixieKeira

1. Delta Force - Delta

I use it a lot on your flat map server ;)

10. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

These worked super efficiently on the Aus CTF, Admins vs All, :thumbs_up:

11. I Actully built this and it worked but I extended it a bit awesome

SlyStalker likes this.
  12. vampo

vampo alchemist Donator Tester

When you have a whole team of builders cooperating on this style during build phase, and you end up with a very mobile and tough to collapse matrix filling your whole spawn area. I'm surprised no one has mentioned that, I yet. I one of the best features of this design is it is catchy. Newbs learn it and frequently add on correctly. Start with this build and sometimes your Minecraft srs will repeat it to your benefit.

13. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

A very good concoction, and add friendly team knights to the equation, to kill the enemies trapped, and it's deadly. You should backwall it a bit more and make the last two 4 blocks tall.

SlyStalker likes this.
  14. vampo

well, these are designed with much variation in mind. my general preference is like this:
    :castle_wall:
    :door::castle_bg: :bridge: <-with bridges at this specific level so that knights can
    :castle_wall:........slash down into the pits without receiving stun. super effective.
    :door:^ gap between wall and first bridge for drops.
    :door:

soulrealm and XyellowX like this.
  15. DubstepMonkey

DubstepMonkey Horde Gibber

very useful if you dont have much resources and catching those pesky bomb jumpers!

16. SlyStalker

I would hate for these to be widespread... they'd catch me jumping into them sooner or later :(

vampo likes this.
  17. vampo

carry extra bombs and use them to either get out or target down weak points. if you're really great you can do both at the same time. :B):

18. SlyStalker

yeah i hate it when i buy 1 bomb and make it on top of the enemy base but have no more bombs to drop into the base :QQ:

19. Your idea is great. Its something out of the box. It can make reckless knights get very pissed, making them lose their game. Problem is it has to be regularly watched so building an outpost by it is great.
    When knights land into it without any bombs, they know they're screwed. To them, it's like an equivalent of this:
    [​IMG]
    Good luck getting out of there.

20. SlyStalker

I see more and more people doing this everytime I play KAG. :)

vampo likes this.