1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[590] All Way Spike door/trap

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by kl4060, Mar 21, 2013.

1. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

Screen Shot 2013-03-21 at 9.56.00 PM.png
    So this trap is for the team on the left side of the map and it works all ways left and right so I think it is a great trap.
    this on its own would be really weak but for e.g. if you look at this very-weird-looking tower the door looks decent to my eyes. Or maybe not.
    Screen Shot 2013-03-21 at 10.05.42 PM.png
    What do you think I could improve with the door and what would you add to it?

2. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

This is an already well known, and well used idea. Plus, you can get through that with only taking 1 heart of damage.

Conquerer and Ghozt like this.
  3. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

I'll agree, it is a pretty useful and good trap, though very well known like One said.

4. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

A nub(<3) could take damage on that spike to the right or the one on the top if an enemy is nearby. Although, what use is a nub in a ctf game? :p

Also, I think that it's extremely easy to get over and could be collapsed with 1 bomb. 2 bombs for the small fortified version though. Other than that, this is a pretty good trap but could use some fortifying.

EDIT//I will probably be using this in game.
    (Although with a big launch tower to jump down on all those noobers below :p)

kl4060 likes this.
  5. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

I agree with you, this will need a lot of fortifying or a few modifications to make it more stable.

6. DubstepMonkey

DubstepMonkey Horde Gibber

I'm pretty sure these are avocado spikes.The second picture is pretty heavy on resources and can easily be laddered over and bomb jumped. Also the first pic well, you can just jump over that, but i guess that was the shell of this. I recommend to make a cheap version and a heavier version (resources). Other than that I've seen these kind of traps on a number of servers.

7. kl4060

kl4060 Haxor

second one is an example so don't even say it, I know its bad :P
    also yes, the first one is very bad but you can put the first one in to a fort as a door or some things like that. thats what my idea was.

8. DubstepMonkey

DubstepMonkey Horde Gibber

I suggest you make it taller and make it cost less resources and add like a bomb chute. Also it would be good maybe if you added a kneecapper?

kl4060 likes this.
  9. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Something just to add, if the design was altered a little bit, you could fit a workshop in at the back.

Conquerer and kl4060 like this.
  10. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

Just because I could, I made a new design, quite similar to your second version. (I kinda modeled it on yours-ish :p)
    screen-13-03-23-11-13-21.png
    Notice where the workshops are placed. I specifically placed the bomb workshop at the back to avoid enemy knights getting in from buying bombs.(Although if they bomb jump over... They could hack down the door and go inside) I made a collapse at the top that can kill enemies delayed by the trap, the dilly dalliers. :p
    I made a couple bomb chutes, but you should probably reinforce the dirt in the middle of the chutes with stone. This would cost quite a bit, but would definitely serve it's purpose - to hold back enemy waves. There's only one spike that could damage a team member, but only if they're a newbie not knowing what they're doin'. Some optional choices; the spike pit, where you place the workshops, where you place the spike traps and other modifications you make to it.

Although this is resource heavy, as some of you will probably criticize it of being, bear in mind that this started out as a small trap, and you can build it up from there. It's definitely much better fortified, instead of vulnerable. This still is a quite good trap alone - to kill all those nubbers! >:] (Just to reinforce my point ;))

//EDIT: I definitely think it's more stable now. :P

kl4060 and Ghozt like this.