1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[590] Ground Pits

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Conquerer, May 19, 2013.

1. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

Firstly, I want to say that these pits weren't my idea. The original maker/builder is jademinear.

Hello there, today I'd like to introduce a version of ground pits! The pits are 5x2 wedges cut vertically out of the ground, making an unescapable pit. BUT, you can place launch pads on the bottom, and team doors on the side to let your team members escape if they get caught in your deadly concoction. Here is a basic version (based on jademinear's design):
    screen-13-05-19-16-39-17.png

Here is another version based on my design, with some Acavado spikes and etc.:
    screen-13-05-19-16-48-25.png

2. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Unless you had a shit ton of these in a row, they are pretty useless. Since they're easily avoidable, and with one place of a block enemy builders can deny them.

Force likes this.
  3. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Its just basically just a spike trap, just without the spikes.

4. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

This is both old and worthless.
    No-one ever falls for this trap.
    It only works on servers with new players, or in the very middle of a big, chaotic battle.

If else...

It can stop:
    -:migrant: <-- nubz
    -More :migrant:
    And it can slow down:
    -:bow:
    -:sword:
    -A single :hammer:
    It can be destroyed by:
    -:hammer:
    -:sword: with :b_shop:
    It can be escaped by:
    -:bow: with :a_shop:
    -:sword: with :b_shop:
    -:hammer:

5. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Another thing is knight can slash get up on top of the stone and jump across, all classes can dig their way out. Ou can get into the spike pit without losing a heart you can get across above and below without loosing a heart. I think you may need to rethink this idea

6. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

Of course he's gonna use stone for walls.
    I hope, that is...

7. PadaV4

PadaV4 Shopkeep Stealer

A big waste of stone, it would be

Gurin likes this.
  8. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Scrap that it's dirt... it can be destroyed by any class.

Digger101 likes this.
  9. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

I made the list for the best situation possible.
    stone walls, no teammates nearby, trapbridge is not broken, etcetera.

Force likes this.
  10. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

I can't stand people who put trap bridges on the bottom layer of spike pits, when you do that, then enemies who fall into them don't take damage if that's one of the blocks they fall on. Yeah, you can still hurt scrubs, but anyone who knows how to play will negate any damage.

While we're on the subject, don't place the bridges to get out on the side closer to your base, you should be lining that entirely with spikes, put the bridges on the side facing the enemy's base, or, even better, build your pit wider than 2 blocks and don't put the bridges at the edges.

Finally, UBER IMPORTANT: don't place bridges at 4 or 5 blocks above the ground, as knights can easily break them at that height, possibly at 6 as well, i can't remember atm. 3 high bridges are fine, way better than jump pads since you can just jump on them and then get up your tower instead of having to take the time for a jump pad, but as soon as you build them 4 high enemy knights can break them, and you need to put stone below them too so that knights can't dig down and make it so that bridges which are 3 high become 4 high.

Gurin likes this.
  11. What Alpaca said basically. There's always some noob builder on BC's that makes a huge spike pit 5 blocks deep across 10-30 wide. Spikes on the teambridges spikes on the ground, the whole deal. All you really need to do is chuck a bomb into there so some of the spikes are removed for jumping room. Then, from there, you just do little hops and jab and all of the teambridges are suddenly neutral. The whole entirety of that spike trap which costed 200+ stone, 500+ wood, 30 minutes of a noob's life, and a whole lot of space taken up that could've been used for effective towers.

CrystalClear likes this.
  12. [​IMG]Yeah... about that

I3lue likes this.
  13. Haha yeah, except not that deep.

14. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

edit to my first post, lag knights like cc can still break 3 high, but they can also break 1 high, and it takes a metric fuck ton of practice, and an obnoxious ping, so hardly anyone really knows how to do it

15. I don't lag u betch :huh?::bird: and i still can do it

16. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

lolzrite

17. you can slash without full charge :huh?::bird::argh:

18. tlc2011

tlc2011 Base Burner

I made two of these in a cave.

3+ from a single pit.

BEAT THAT

19. Two of what? :huh?:

20. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

3 kills from a spike pit. Most players can get more than that from a bomb, which takes a fraction of the time to get. A good spike pit would be able to kill an infinite amount of dumb players, and keep the good knights back until their builder arrives. The only thing these two wide pits are good for is to kill scrubs, which is hella easy as knight. It takes 1/2 a second to switch to knight at base, 5 mins to build a line of these pits. Hows that for "beating it"? gg.

Gurin and CrystalClear like this.