1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[590] Ladder Trap

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by lepong_the_1st, Jul 11, 2013.

1. lepong_the_1st

lepong_the_1st Catapult Fodder

This is an easy to build and harmless looking trap but it has killed quite a few people. By the way, this is built in red's perspective.
    screen-13-07-10-22-14-31.png Red---The enemy climbs the wall like a normal door ladder and gets hurt by the spikes.
    Good Things.
    Fairly quick to build.
    Fairly low cost. 260 wood 120 stone.
    Bad Things
    A well placed bomb can destroy it.
    About 3 knights working together can get though the trap.
    Not very stable.

2. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

3. 1 bomb and the whole... trap is gone o: so why use it?

4. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

This trap is really easy to get through without getting damaged by the spikes. First destroy the bottom team door, then destroy the door above that, damage the bridge above that (not entirely destroying it), then destroying the door above that, vault onto the bridge, then just keep on destroying the doors until you get past the trap.

CrystalClear likes this.
  5. Force

Force Shark Slayer

CrystalClear and Conquerer like this.
  6. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Ah this modern builders would also say that old Wyeth attacking buildings can be 'easily destroyed by bombs', 'easy to vault', 'easy to go thru without getting hurt' ... :oops:

I would dare to say lepong that if you place only 1 of those 3 spikes it would be more effective, the lower one imo. Seeing 3 spikes make them move carefully, but if they only see 1 spike they won't think twice while jousting against blues, and they might get hurt unwillingly. Traps do not always have to be like a cheese cutter, they are there for hurting too. Sometimes you dont even have to place spikes for making a trap. You know, less is more.

Try this: make 1 single spike trap like this. If it gets damaged replace it. Of course not everybody will get instagibbed! bur someone might get hurt once or twice. If you're a builder, you just have to wait with that door closed. After seeing how someone gets hurt, go and try to hammer him. Hurt and hit.

:castle_wall:
    :door:
    :door:
    :castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::bridge:
    :castle_wall::spikes: :bridge:
    :dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:

Gofio likes this.
  7. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

I think it's funny that you put the bad things in a color we can't read without burning our eyes out, someone read too much Sun Tzu.

My opinion: Fuck this thing, every teammate will just jump straight into the spikes and die, good job.

Conquerer likes this.
  8. With the same resources my lad, you can build a useful linepiece. I like the climbing thing though. Maybe you could remove the two doors in the bottom and replace them with stone. Its still more efficient to use a normal linepiece, so keep that in mind.

9. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

I'm not trying to shame anyone, or trying to be derogatory with that thread, or by re posting it here. The link I posted on here is simply my response to all trap buildings. IMO I believe resources spent on trap buildings can be equally if not more effective used in a tower than on a trap building. I do not believe "all trap buildings are bad and your bad for building them", they just aren't as efficient as towers.:)

Force and Conquerer like this.
  10. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

bombs ahoy! :D

Conquerer likes this.
  11. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

Also add a trap bridge under the top spike to make it more team safe.