1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[590] My Line Piece

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Superblackcat, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

Line piece, Archer death hole at the bottom.... Several bombs if you aim for that. And yeah

Attached Files:

MadDog, I3lue, magnum357 and 2 others like this.
  2. eamono

eamono Arsonist

not too resource heavy, but 2 bombs and enemy gets through, can also be turned against you pretty easily.

this would work well as a temporary tower until you can build a bigger one,

3. Noonan

Noonan Poots Donator

I would wait until they are right up against the tower to put the stone block. With the stone block there, it's a bit obvious to see that it's a trap. When they attack you should just stand there and wait until they're inline of the collapse, then quickly place the block and collapse it. This would be very effective against a builder laddering up.

Digger101 likes this.
  4. Good tower but the archer hole at the bottom is kind of hard to shoot through, digging down can solve this putting a bomb drain like this, (the spike would be flipped) can greatly increase the chances of knights not being able to get past this easily.

:castle_wall::bridge:
    :castle_wall::spikes_bg::bridge:
    :dirt::dirt_bg::castle_wall:
    :dirt::dirt_bg::castle_wall:
    :dirt::dirt_bg::dirt:

killatron46 likes this.
  5. Superblackcat

It was suppose to be dug down, I was at school, with editor, and yeah.... :QQ:

Archer is Suppose to be able to shoot through the bottom. It's not there to look cool :P

I3lue likes this.
  6. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

Quite a good quick offensive build. Not ridiculously resource heavy, has an archer hole and collapse, and overall looks decent.

Keep up the good work. c:

7. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Dig a 2x1 hole with ladders in them so archers can actually shoot through the hole.

8. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Well done posting a viable structure for this forum, and choosing a proper name as this is an advanced form of a "linepiece". Here are some of my thoughts on examination:

• I like what you have going with the back wall.
    • I really like the archer hole with bomb chute, I thought it was good how you had it inset one tile so the enemy can only harm it with a bomb. (I'll just assume you find bedrock to help you build it there or place stones).
    • Door entrance from outside has 5 tile door ladder, main door at 7 tiles. This is a good height for any tower but with the 5 door ladder height comes the problem of what happens when the bridges get destroyed... Your Knights can't get in very easy, but on the other hand enemy knights can't either.
    • The start of the archer perch you have there... Is okay. It doesn't provide great angles for your archers and will most likely mean they will just stand in your main door (like always:rollseyes:). I would probably add a better archer hole on the top somewhere, it could be added later on in the advancement of the design though.

Overall: good, not too resource heavy, doesn't just collapse to 1 bomb. Two knights can get over it but with a lot of time on their hands so this tower serves its purpose.:B):

I3lue likes this.
  9. Superblackcat

For flat maps, Archers will only usually need to shoot straight, and shooting from the ground is a lot easier to hit a knight, than 20 feet up. (you can just put your cursor yay high and shoot them continously ;P) It will annoy the crap out of the other knights, and make your knights kill em easier. Not everyone has skill like Warrfork :) The door entrance is so that there is actually no way the other team could break through w/o bombs, digging, or anything. Digging is counteracted with the archer... (you don't want to dig with an archer up your arse) and bombing, if the archer has any timing, could potentially blow you up. Also, the top drop is also an archerhole.... You should know this killa, I'm pretty sure i stole that from you <3

I3lue likes this.
  10. killatron46

Yeah, the stone stairs are pretty good, but this angle doesn't provide a strait down firing angle:
    :castle_bg::castle_wall:
    :castle_bg:
    :castle_wall:
    Whereas these do:
    :castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_wall:
    :castle_bg::door:
    :castle_wall:
    :castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_wall:
    :castle_bg::ladder::door:
    :castle_wall::door:

1 is meant to be used after you have made an archer hole that can fire down.

I3lue likes this.
  11. Superblackcat

But if the doors dissappear, opposite knights can squeeze through
    ;-; P

i think i would do
    Space Space Block
    Block

I3lue likes this.
  12. killatron46