1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[590] "Overloom" - Offensive Front Piece

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Conquerer, May 4, 2013.

1. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

This is an offensive front piece based on other designs from many different builders in-game! The concept is a quick, easy and cost-effective tower to build, which can be modified to your preference. I understand that new players will probably either modify the tower, or newbie archers not moving when a collapse from the extended version occurs. This is quite simple to grief, and is slightly weak to enemy builders laddering up the side or collapsing it, although the collapse on the extended version could kill any enemy persons climbing up the tower. Thanks for all your input, I'll take it into account when building another few models.

Base Design:
    screen-13-05-04-16-53-00.png

Extended Design (builds on from base tower):
    screen-13-05-04-17-15-04.png

screen-13-05-04-16-53-00.png - Base Tower
    screen-13-05-04-17-15-04.png - Extended Tower

killatron46 likes this.
  2. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

Even if the bed is on a trapbridge, it wont be destroyed when an enemy comes because of the backwall behind it.

3. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

You are mistaken, as the only back wall having effect on a workshop is in the 2x6 bottom area inside a workshop.
    EDIT: The area is 2x3, not 2x6, as Ej kindly pointed out. :)

ParaLogia likes this.
  4. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

Well, I didn't know that, thank you for the correction :)

Conquerer likes this.
  5. workshops arent even 6 tiles wide

Gofio, ParaLogia and Canadian98 like this.
  6. Eden

Eden Galen Slayer Donator

Can't be fucked to read if someones pointed this out.

All i had to do is look at the pictures and i can think of 3 ways to take it down with ease.

1, Chuck a bomb up the shoot, there's 2, the first one near the entrance/exit. A perfectly placed one can take it down.
    2, Carefully place a bomb on the trap bridge, it'll blow a hole in the wall. 2 bombs at max.
    3, People that've been playing for a while can easily jump slash the first door, soz. Don't know the tech' words for this shit.
    Plenty of other.
    This could be used for a ArL match or some sort, Gather? But there are plenty of other builds that are far much better.
    Have a great day.
    </br>--- merged: May 4, 2013 10:05 AM ---</br>
    Why the fuck did my text resize.

Oh well, still nice try at a build.

cbfd4editing

7. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

I like this, nice job conquerer! Here are some of my thoughts:

• Good places for archers with a quarters.
    • Basic version costs 170ish stone and 260ish wood. Its good for the cost!
    • As Eden so bluntly pointed out, its weak to bombs in its current state, I recommend placing team doors between the holes you have for collapses, then removing them right before collapsing the blocks into the enemy. This way you have the best of both worlds.
    • You need to increase the forward facing wall's height because at that height a knight can slash throw a bomb right up and over which is pretty bad (basic design). Just another 3 or 4 blocks so not too expensive to add.
    • I would move the quarters back away from the wall one tile, so if you need too you can increase the thickness of the lower part of the wall. As is you will have to remove the quarters to thicken it and it may be too late because the enemy bombing it ect.
    Nice. :)

Conquerer likes this.
  8. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Good job. You should move the quarter to the left a little, this allows expansion for the base of the tower (Not leaving the main wall 1 tile thick). Its pretty bomb weak. You should add a collapsable tile where your standing in the first picture, this could utilise the hole and kill a few campers. Replace the team door three blocks up on the entry with stone. This makes the door unreachable and thus undestroyable door.
    Other than that good! :)

9. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

New version:
    screen-13-05-11-13-08-03.png
    Updated:
    Removed several stone collapses.
    Added double team door collapse.
    Added 1 stone collapse above entry.
    Placed quarters two tiles left to allow room for modifications.
    Changed bomb and arrow workshop positions, removed right trap bridge underneath bomb workshop.

Please critique. :)

EDIT: Removed trap bridge collapse.

Attached Files:

killatron46 and Force like this.
  10. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Did you build this with editor? The first overhang extends 7 tiles, maximum overhang without WS tile interference is 6 tiles.

Force likes this.
  11. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

Yes, I did, but I'm sure I tested it though.

I'll edit the post.
    </br>--- merged: May 11, 2013 3:09 AM ---</br>
    I tested it, and the thing that wasn't letting it go 7 tiles was the trap bridge collapse at entry, so I removed the trap bridge collapse altogether and added a back wall 1 above the trap bridge block, which fixed everything.

Thanks for pointing out the error killatron. :)

12. Maybe you should put a spike trap under the bed. I r noob

Conquerer likes this.