1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[590] Simple Trap

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by DubstepMonkey, Jan 24, 2013.

1. DubstepMonkey

DubstepMonkey Horde Gibber

Hey guys! I just wanted to show you guys what i was working on they day before i went to Sydney. :p I have modified my trap a little bit but this is probably my finished product. Cause im to lazy to add more stuff to it also tell me what you think about it Yes or No!:QQ:
    wrawd.JPG

SlyStalker likes this.
  2. Tyngn

Tyngn Ballista Bolt Thrower

I don't get the point of this,
    Too expensive to be practical
    Too Big to be stealthy
    Too Big to be deploy-able

WarrFork likes this.
  3. Jim_Dale

Jim_Dale Arsonist

what part of this says "simple"
    Furthermore, no one is fucking dumb enough to jump into something like this that is quite obviously a trap.

killatron46 likes this.
  4. I would jump in, walk through it, jump out and then kill all moronic builders behind it.

5. Panasonic

Panasonic Builder Stabber
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I would bomb jump over or if the other team we attacking the builders would just put ladders over it

6. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

i think its good, but better if it were open and less spikes. even with less spikes, you can still get the same amount of DEATH :skull: :D

7. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Simple Trap? May want to change that. Well I wouldnt build this. You should post buildings that are within reason. This isn't very strong. Keep Posting. :)

8. Shadowofgold

Shadowofgold Haxor

This isn't simple at all. As a matter of fact, it's ridiculously expensive and over complicated for something that can be entered and exited by a single knight without a bomb, who will only suffer one heart of damage from the ordeal.

9. SlyStalker

thats not true. upon entering, the knight, if he dodges the spikes that will be above him at that stage, will suffer one heart damage from the spikes below. THEN, when he jumps over the doors (you should replace these with stone blocks) then he will have to dodge the spikes above him AGAIN, which is near impossible, and then he suffers one heart damage again, which brings him to 1 heart, and when he tries to jump out, he MAY survive the spikes above, but no. he will die :skull: but it is actually quite expensive. one enemy builder can come and destroy all the spikes and the trap will be rendered useless :/ hmm then again all spike traps are like that :D

10. Leoprime

Leoprime Shopkeep Stealer

and then the knight breaks the door
    Edit: Oh never mind I didn't see the replace with stone part.

SlyStalker likes this.
  11. SlyStalker

ahh no wonder

12. Leoprime

Okay I did some changes to it and came up with this.
    simple.png
    It takes less materials to make, and there's no turning back for any knight who falls in.

I3lue, rocker2, Force and 2 others like this.
  13. DubstepMonkey

I like this design! :D
    </br>--- merged: Jan 26, 2013 7:56 AM ---</br>
    Thanks Guys for your help i'l kinda work (not) to mostly design a efficient trap the reasons why my trap has so many spikes cause its meant to scare the Sh*t out of the knights.

14. SlyStalker

nice design :thumbs_up:

DubstepMonkey likes this.
  15. DubstepMonkey

Thanks! :p

16. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Just modify it and it could be great. Though to your first design its very easy for a skilled player to walk through this. Easy.

17. Eden

Eden Galen Slayer Donator

Uh, yeah it would be a good trap for them stupid faggot noobs on the Action server that would fool for it like, once or twice... but really us player's that has "experience" would either wait for a builder, throw a bomb on the side of the second building to make a hole so we could run up it with precise skill...

...and the resources are absolutely cray yo'
    </br>--- merged: Jan 27, 2013 7:11 AM ---</br>
    With this, you see at the front where you want the knights to attack? well, they can just make one of the trap bridges turn neutral just by jabbing it, then they can enter on the top room, or roof. Unless you're meaning the front is the way with 1 trap bridge, in that case, the knights can just do what i said in the first para.

18. Chaos-Knight

Chaos-Knight Bison Rider

Exactly my first thought upon seeing the screenshot.

You better be joking, ever saw a blind person play KAG? What kind of imbecile will ever -and I mean EVER- fall into that trap? Even if you are talking about servers with darkness enabled and with doors all around to seal it off from light (which you don't have), an enemy needs to break the door first, so before getting inside they will always see the spikes beforehand, so this structure is a complete waste of time and resources (the old and the revised version).

19. Leoprime

The side without the door is were the enemies will come from.
    Yesterday I made the trap (Half of it at least) as our front (in the action unlimited server), and it actually got a lot of enemies since the enemy builders wouldn't come to the front (we had some archers and our knights were rushing, so if they attempted they would soon die), the enemy knight either ran in and fell, trying to get a builder or archer that was running back into base, or just retreated. Some knights who had bombs did cause a lot of damage in the spike pits but they soon died and I just went to repair it easily (since they usually dropped materials)

20. Chaos-Knight

Chaos-Knight Bison Rider

[​IMG] ES

Leoprime likes this.