1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[590] Use enemie structures

Discussion in 'Builder' started by Orso, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Orso

Orso Haxor Official Server Admin

I note often when a team take a enemies building, the builders destroy all that it's not to his color.
    But it can be interresting to use this structures, trap or doors.
    Here is two example :

[​IMG]
    The disadvantage is that enemies can destoy them our trap.

[​IMG]
    As for the trap, enemies can destroy the door and embarrass the notch climbing, but the enemies will be always blocked. (You can put a pike under or upper the door too).
    This utilization make it weaker, but it's totaly unallow the enemies to destroy the upper door.

There is only 2 example but with a little of thinging it's easy to find other way for use the enemie structure. The next time think about it before destroy it...

butterscotch, miniu, Gurin and 2 others like this.

2. Actually it's possible to be parkoured in less than a 2 seconds. I'd rather just spam stone on their tower to make it useful on both sides.

3. Orso

Yeah, my building arn't the best exemple but I think it's possible to do interresting things.

4. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

still only by blue side, so it doesn't really matter does it?
    btw, the first trap is unsafe for your own team too, unless they release the A button while climbing.
    Dunno why but it only does that in multiplayer.

5. Orso

Yes indeed, I've only test the first in solo.

6. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

well....
    don't do it online.
    please don't.

please.

7. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Using enemy's structures without making an obvious trap is something very effective. At servers with darkness enabled this works perfectly at tunnels

8. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

You could also use tops of tree's to hide a spike.

9. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

butterscotch and Gurin like this.
  10. Boxpipe

Boxpipe single, female, lawyer

The only proper strategy is to change all the doors on the structure to your own and leave the rest of the building alone.

upload_2014-5-5_4-36-50.jpeg

@Arcrave

LadyHawk and Arcrave like this.
  11. golemn

golemn Shark Slayer

In things like roleplay where you can build enemy doors/bridges you can build some pretty cool stuff to kill enemies, but its pretty hard to do it in a proper CTF where you have no control on the placement unless you build new stuff around it. Its usually easier to build over enemy stuff, but its interesting to see traps like these.