1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[748][Gen] Differences of knight, KAG to KAB

Discussion in 'Knight' started by killatron46, May 3, 2013.

1. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Love rebounding bombs, also Kegs act like old KAG bombs. With massive explosions in 4 directions.

2. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

As of now bombs do not collide with bodies anymore.

3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

To clarify, bombs only collide with shielding enemies and non player entities - they wont collide with team-mates of the bombs owner, or unshielded enemies (this means they never collide with archers and builders). We kept the collision on shield because we didn't like the "coin flip" mechanic of shotgunning a shielded knight at close range in classic, it feels cheap and uninteresting.

GloriousToast likes this.
  4. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

mmm, good to know. It was very frustrating in alpha when all a knight had to do to kill you, (being a knight yourself) was hold a bomb till it had milliseconds left and throw
    You had no chance unless you completely backed of and made them throw it. Also it is good that bombs are know harder to lob 100 meters. It helps with bomb rain.
    PS: :heart: water/bomb combat.

5. Good observation Killatron. That was why I sucked at knight so much in Beta! X3

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

If bombs did 6 hearts of damage it wouldnt give a knight a challenge agaisnt his/her opponents. (Which would encourage bomb spam).
    Kegs are pretty cool in a way because if one enemy jabs/touches the keg with anything they have it explodes everyone. Pretty neat.

As for shieldbash i am not quite sure if they will be implemented or even useful in beta since there is a stun from jabbing a shield...And since knights can glide from the top of the map down and take no damage i say shieldbash would pretty much be useless agaisnt one (Unless its a builder/archer, then that would be funny to do).

7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Fwiw there already is shieldbash, it likely needs more omph behind it though. You can also stun enemies by shield-sliding into them.

Digger101, Guitarman and Mazey like this.
  8. Joefesok

Joefesok Builder Stabber

Shield slide mentioned by Geti

Galabranth likes this.
  9. Centurion_

Centurion_ Builder Stabber

Great additions!

10. You should have said it was from franek. For a second there I thought you made the video. :/

Knights can be launched by a bomb now from a high place and slowly land in the opponents base without costing a heart or two. It would be cool if there would be some coordination where a couple of knights do this at the same time.

11. Geti

It's possible, you can actually jump off teammates bombs, though I think it might be to a lesser extent - I honestly haven't tested recently.

12. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

I'm so famous x) And throwing out bombs is much better. (waterbombs too >:D)
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 7, 2013, Original Post Date: Oct 7, 2013 ---
    Im my opinon is knight is much better and more dynamic but less skillfull beacouse of that you can fast load slash and hold it long. When there was onlt one second when you can atack with you had to think more. If I were you I would nerf slash a little but make stunning with shield and jabbing more effective. Sadly I'm not.

16th likes this.
  13. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

plz dont nerf slash... i would cry for 100 years ;-;-;-;;;;;--;-;-;-;;-;;;-;-;

Guitarman likes this.
  14. franek123

They won't in 99%

15. kedram

i think i know why they cant at least change the charge time. it has to do with the double slash because if they made the single slash charge time reduced then that means that the double slash could be used allot more and overall become even more powerful. in the end it would work against itself in terms of wanting to nerf slash but ending up making it stronger. other than that beta combat is good because it doenst have the immense amount of retarded bugs that classic knight combat has. if you played classic you would all know what im talking about.

16. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I find the timing of both slashes to be rather perfect. You open yourself up to any damage once you try charging, and it has a equal payout.

The new fighting updates which actually pushes you forward with a slash gives that extra learning curve with the amount you can do with it. It might be because I've played beta / testing for a long time, but once you learn how to time slashes and hit before anyone else; it's gg no re.

Apronymous, kedram and Guitarman like this.
  17. kedram

exactly my point, why people cant understand that and complain about knights being op i will never know

18. franek123

It's not OP for sure but little too easy. Its no almost no matter when you start laoding slash just when release it. And I dont like that 2 jabs are same fast as slash. In beta 10% of knights use jabs. 7% new players that dont know how to fight and 3% pros. I'm trying useing pareing/jabs how often i can. Beacouse i hope when Ill lern that good it will be better than slash spam. Small chance for it. And kedram try play as archer sometimes you will see how slash faster than light annoning is.

19. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

Has anybody added:
    • More shield angles?

20. franek123

Yeah you can get damage while loading it...1 heart when archer will shoot you. If you wont slash his arrow for accident. And if he wont miss but its about archer skill. Yeah he can use legolas but you will easly block when you will see he is loading his shot too long and just run away if any knight is close. You can get bomb in face? Dont think so, every medium skilled knight will shield it. And slashing other guy in 1vs1 isnt hard. You just atack first. Slash have so huge range...And vs archer? In alpha it was hard to catch these little bastards. When you tried to slash him jump away climb somewhere or something. Now? They dont have time for it. Why? Slash loading time so fast.

16th likes this.