1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[748][Gen] Miscellaneous Features and Mechanics of KAB

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by killatron46, May 3, 2013.

1. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

I'm making a general list of not widely known or clever uses of KAB game mechanics here. Feel free to contribute by posting, I probably won't get everything in the first go.

EDIT: May 4th, added more from contributors, also reorganized slightly.
    • Multiple lanterns in your inventory will emit more light than a single lantern, useful for exploring caves and at night time.
    • If you put a lantern in your inventory, water does not shut it off.
    • Lanterns illuminate black silhouettes at the top of maps. Not sure if it was like this in classic .-.
    • With some practice, you can spam click as a builder to mine things about 75% faster, (also works for hitting the enemy). This can be tiring though.
    • Don't forget that you have an inventory as a knight/archer as well as builder, it might not be as big as builders' inventory but can you still carry a lantern or other useful things.
    • Building underwater: https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/748-building-underwater.13373/
    • Using the rotation feature, you can build Wooden Platforms sideways or even upside down, these can be used to create interesting traps. One example: https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/748-bc-spike-pit.13376/
    • Sharks have no stun capabilities, a steady shield can keep them at bay.
    • Trees have more foliage covering their stump making them harder to climb in intense situations.
    • Drills can overload, symptons of overloading include: Orange-ish drill bit, steam animation coming around the midpoint of the drill.
    • Placing the drill in water will cool it down. If you're drilling partially or totally submerged in water, it won't overheat at all.
    • Drills pierce through shields and do approx. a tad bit faster than one heart p/s.
    • Drills can penetrate almost all blocks, except bedrock.
    • A drill being used by a person can be disarmed by an enemy slashing said person. (1 slash)
    • Once out of the crate, siege machines cannot be picked up.
    • Catapults and ballistas can be mounted on warboats. Mounted bows can too.
    • Catapults, Ballistas and other vehicles can lift up their front wheel and do a wheely to get over small bumps by holding down S in the driver seat.
    • Catapults can kill a shark with one direct hit.
    • Catapults now auto-fire when fully powered.

Bint, I3lue, delankski and 2 others like this.
  2. Oh yah, and dinghys insta-kill everything when thrown.

3. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

You can currently only get a dignhy by using !commands. :(

Maybe in the future though!

4. -Lanterns illuminate black silhouettes at the top of maps. Not sure if it was like this in classic .-.

-Sharks have no stun capabilities, a steady shield can keep them at bay.

-Trees have more foliage covering their stump making them harder to climb in intense situations.

-Drills can overload, symptons of overloading include: Orange-ish drill bit, steam animation coming around the midpoint of the drill.

-Drills pierce through shields and do approx. a tad bit faster than one heart p/s.

-Catapults and ballistas can be mounted on warboats. Mounted bows can too

-Drills can penetrate almost all blocks, except bedrock.

-A drill being used by a person can be disarmed by an enemy slashing said person. (1 slash)

(Fixed mistakes and updated post ty Lord_bugg and Lieber)

killatron46 and Digger101 like this.
  5. Lord_bugg

Lord_bugg Smashing Donator

Yes they can, i was playing yesterday and I saw someone mount a mounted bow on a warboat.

6. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Once a drill is overheated, it'll drop out of your hand and if you try to pick it back up it'll do some damage (half a heart I think). Also, Drills cannot penetrate bedrock, I can confirm that.

killatron46, I3lue and Froghead48 like this.
  7. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Placing the drill in water will cool it down. If you're drilling partially or totally submerged in water, it won't overheat at all.

I3lue and killatron46 like this.
  8. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Corpse damage is back.

9. -Corpses have a medium-small hitbox

-Arrows can damage corpses. ( not sure if you can pick up corpses to block arrows, someone test that?)

10. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

-Once out of the crate, siege machines cannot be picked up.

-If you put a lantern in your inventory, water does not shut it off.

11. Squeal

Squeal Shipwright

-You can hide in crates

I only discovered this after a sneaky red knight used it to ambush my builder, KAG's very own Solid Snake.

Gofio likes this.
  12. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Crates aren't watertight, although that would make it so much cooler. If you're in a crate in water, you will drown.
    However, crates can be put into storage and inside boats.

13. qpKillerqp

qpKillerqp Haxor

And Sharks can kill you with a single hit/bite :skull:

14. Knighthart

Knighthart is love Donator

You can apparently climb up ballista bolts in walls the same way archers climb up arrows/trees.
    Only tried it one time, but it worked pretty well then.

15. Squeal

Squeal Shipwright

Does anyone know if balista bolt penetration (Passing through thin walls or boat walls) is a bug or a feature?

16. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Feature. At least for blocks. I'm entirely sure about for boats...

17. I was testing this all day yesterday. It is not possible. Mounted bows fall through the bottom. Same thing for longboats. '

The only thing that moves that mounted bows can be placed on are rafts.
    Have not tested dinghys.
    </br>--- merged: May 5, 2013 8:15 PM ---</br>
    Sharks do 1.5 :heart:s of damage. They do not kill in a single bite.

18. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

19. lol. gayness between oldfags just took on another level.
    CRATES
    </br>--- merged: May 5, 2013 8:42 PM ---</br>
    -Also, gold ore in shadows or in caves sparkle. Useful when you don't have a lantern with you.

20. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

You can put mounted bows on Warboats and Longboats. Unless it was removed before the Silent Beta, or it is just a big, it's a fact that you can do it.

Lord_bugg and Canadian98 like this.