1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[749][Gen] Beta Archers

Discussion in 'Archer' started by Ne3zy, May 4, 2013.

1. I think simply slowing down an archer while they're shooting (and maybe a tiny bit longer delay in between shots) would probably solve the whole "omg archer so op" issue entirely.

Just sayin.

I3lue likes this.
  2. Ne3zy

Ne3zy Haxor

you really don't know what you're saying, just go and test it before saying shit, I'm not wasting my time with blind retards

//UnnamedPlayer: I suggest you to avoid flaming. ;)

3. eamono

eamono Arsonist

how does he have no idea what he's saying? I like gofio's idea. Archers barely lose any speed when bow is drawn and I think they can outrun a knight if all their shots connect (don't quote me on that).

4. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

So much wisdom.
    So little text!

5. miniu

miniu Haxor

Just look like fast archer killing (knifing) builder.

Gofio likes this.
  6. TheUltraHamster

TheUltraHamster Tree Planter

What I think should change:
    • Knights shouldn't have their shields taken down from archer arrows
    • Remove knife from archers (archers are meant to be snipers and pick off enemies from a distance not be a super knight :>:(:)
    • Archers have only 50% movement speed when aiming (its annoying as hell when an archer just runs backwards and fires forever and a knight cant do shit unless they have a bomb)
    • Make it so saws are team set so they can no longer kill teammates (its so fuckin annoying when there are like 3 saws set by goofy builders in a dark room :argh:)
    I'd like some air vehicles ;)
    I'm sure there's something I missed

7. Slojanko

Slojanko Shopkeep Stealer

Knights need their shields taken down from archer fire or they could just ram into an area and archers can do shit all.

Archers have a knife to put them back in the combat system, in alpha it went

archer kills builder
    knight kills archer.

Now archers can be in combat, your too pro knight. people say archers are op, but their expressing how archers can now actually fight instead of getting their ass's kicked.

Archers have limited arrows, they cannot fire forever.

Saw not damage team mates? then they lose their realistic property's.

Archers current system is perfect, lets face it, being an archer in alpha drives you mad when a knight is near, you have little or no defences when they are inces from you with the time it takes to load an arrow you're already dead.

8. Brilly

Brilly Haxor

Keep archer the same, just speed knight up.

full charge takes waaaaaaaaay too long

Superblackcat likes this.
  9. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

I disagree with you on the knife.
    The knife is a good thing. It's useless in close combat, but can be very usefull when knights are facing away.
    It's quite hard to backstab someone in a 2d game, you know?
    By the way, knights can do the same by dropping a bomb behind an enemy, and attacking at the other side.
    It would be better if knights got a damage boost too, when they attack from behind.

About the reduce in movement speed, 50% would be too high.
    anything that would make it possible for a knight to catch up to a fleeing archer would be good.
    IMO, speed should be like this:
    slow -------> fast
    shielding knight < aiming archer < running knight < running archer.
    The difference between an aiming archer and a shielding knight should be small, and the difference between an aiming archer and a running knight should be a little bigger.
    (a shielding knight will not lose too much distance, and a running knight can catch up to an aiming archer easily)
    If archers were turtles when aiming, well, that would be bad too.

I completely agree on them saws tho. Hate them.

10. Xanderon

Xanderon Ballista Bolt Thrower

That is the point, archer can't fight worth a damn in melee. This is true in real life, and in almost ANY game where there are archer classes, and then a melee/knight-esque class. Also, archer system is not perfect, lets review what got changed.
    Archers: They now run faster, and don't get slowed down by aiming. They got a knife which can backstab and kill all but the knight,
    and said knight very weakened. All classes got wall jump, but while the others don't get a major advantage. Archers, now fast, can use this to their advantage quite easily. Arrow climbing was buffed, because you can stay on the arrow much longer, so that is more mobility. Arrow damage was buffed, and they can charge the arrows faster, making it even stronger. Pretty much the only nerf they got was tree climbing.
    Knights: Bombs got nerfed, and are now harder to aim and control, as well as the fact that the no slash charge time and bomb timer loss hurts them badly. Slash can't go through shields anymore, and although they have super slash, it takes a long time WITHOUT your shield up to charge it, making it useless. It's also harder to hit people now, which means the quick archer can just jump around without ever being hit, and it isn't really a matter of skill to do it with the new movement. Knights lost bomb jump as well, and slash jumping is harder, hitting their mobility badly.

Also, you said that knight shields taken down after a while. I agree, but not so damn easily. Right now, you can be a knight, charging with two of your other knight friends. There! A tower! I hold my shield up to block arrows, and I block the first one. BUT WHAT IS THIS?! MORE THEN ONE ARCHER IN THE TOWER? Then, the classic thing happens. Despite the fact that the tower is able to be attacked, and we could get over it, the constant arrows of which we can only block one before we are now with out our shield means we get constantly hurt more and more. Knights should be able to take a couple of shots before they lower their shield.
    The fact is, one knight can 2 v 1 max, but can't take many more then that. An archer, with the improved mobility, can now just circle around and around, and potentially kill five knights. Perfect archer system? I think not.

CookieEpic and Ne3zy like this.
  11. Force

Force Shark Slayer

It is a beta.
    But I do agree, archer in its current state is too overpowered and hard to kill. In my opinion the knife is just unneccesary and should be removed. I mean, archers tend to charge knights nowadays...
    And I absolutely hate having no bomb timers.

12. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Archer>Knights

Why? Beacuse archers can run at almost same speed when they are aiming :>:(: Archers are toooooooo OP, but let the knife be, only make those little idiots slower, PLUS i hate when archers jump from tree to tree, you can not kill them...

13. Jomppexx

Jomppexx Shopkeep Stealer

"- I suggest adding rocket launchers and claymores"
    I love this, made me laugh so hard :D

14. TheUltraHamster

TheUltraHamster Tree Planter

Well we can agree to disagree on the knife (its actually very easy to backstab, just jump over them and 180 then bam the lag makes it very easy to do)... but I hope the team based saws gets overlooked by the devs :D

15. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

I forgot about laggy players...
    I suppose it would work if you're lagging a little.

16. PadaV4

PadaV4 Shopkeep Stealer

Archer loosing no speed whatsoever while firing. Says it all. how teh fuck are you supposed to catch AND stab at him without getting your face full of arrows?

and 1 arrow taking down a shield? Seriously? make the shield more useless will you?

17. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

Personally, I like the way archers are, Knights need to be buffed..... Are you going to sit there holding your sword up high all day while waiting to charge up your slash? lol.... also, archers should move slower....

So in conclusion: Archer move slower when shooting.
    Knights charge slash faster. Done!

Gofio and PadaV4 like this.
  18. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Don't forget, archers shouldn't discharge their arrow when taking damage. When a knight is stunned from damage he can't attack. When an archer is being jabbed in the face, he can keep spamming.

19. rocky4321

rocky4321 Horde Gibber

Y'all Funny.. when the game started (Alpha) , people think that archers are OP. That is because when you first started, you dont know how bomb works.. same as this, you need to learn from the start and practice. Maybe later on, you will know how to kill archers.

This is exactly what people react since they played KAG alpha. dont worry, you will learn to adapt.

20. Force

Force Shark Slayer

Archers are perfectly fine.

I would really like it if knights slashes were like the Alpha. With a counter on the cursor, you only know how much the cursor helps after its gone.