1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[758] Bologna's Tree Farm

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by bologna_man00, May 22, 2013.

1. bologna_man00

bologna_man00 Shipwright

I'm not sure if anyone has done anything like this before, but I have created a simple tree farm that is very easy to harvest. My design only accounts for having two trees but can easily be expanded to house as many trees as you want.

1.png

As you see, the seeds can be planted on 1 block wide pieces of dirt.

The box around the saw on the left is purely for storage so careless nubs don't accidentally jump in.

2.png

The trees then grow up through the slots.

3.png

Once the trees are cut down, they will hit the walls and all the wood will be neatly piled at the bottom. The one block of wood stuck at the top is only there because the walls weren't high enough.

Once they're cut, you can just pick up the saw and throw it at the wood to cut it up into planks.

4.png

To put the saw back you need to jump up and throw it into the box.

The whole process (from un-felled trees to planks of wood) for this farm only takes about ten seconds.

If you see any room for improvement, let me know.

killatron46, PinXviiN, Gofio and 3 others like this.
  2. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

If you are doing a lazy single tree farm, try this
    :castle_wall: :castle_bg: :castle_wall:
    Empty space
    Empty Space
    Empty Space
    Empty Space
    Saw
    :dirt: :dirt_bg: :dirt:
    :dirt: tree sapling

3. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

I usually do what amgtree said, but either way it is a great and efficient tree farm.

4. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

This is half common sense,
    and half time.

Those who have the time, should do this.
    Those who simply want wood, should just cut down a tree and spend two seconds picking up the ones farther away.

delankski and BlueLuigi like this.
  5. miniu

miniu Haxor

nice m but look at that
    Tree :castle_wall:
    :ladder: :dirt: :ladder:
    saw

6. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

Better would be:
    :blank::blank::castle_wall::tree::blank::blank::castle_wall::tree::blank::blank::castle_wall::tree::blank::blank:
    :blank::blank::castle_bg::tree::blank::blank::castle_bg::tree::blank::blank::castle_bg::tree::blank::blank:
    :blank::blank::castle_bg::tree::blank::blank::castle_bg::tree::blank::blank::castle_bg::tree::blank::blank:
    :dirt::dirt::castle_wall::dirt_bg::dirt::dirt::castle_wall::dirt_bg::dirt::dirt::castle_wall::dirt_bg::dirt::dirt:
    :dirt::blank::gear::blank::dirt::gear::blank::blank::dirt::gear::blank::blank::dirt:
    :dirt::bridge::blank::blank: :dirt::bridge::blank: :blank::dirt::bridge::blank::blank: :dirt:
    (The "saws" are larger than the other emoticons. just pretend that they're all three wide, two high)
    The drops can even be collected in storages.
    How to set up: dig through a mountain, and put storages and saws in it, or make a tunnel under a piece of land, and dig some small holes under the trees, then add storages and saws.
    It works.

7. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

So would this be breaking/replacing the saw factories to get extra saws out of a scroll, or taking a really long time to get all the saws?
    EDIT: I was asking Gofio (about his design).

8. miniu

miniu Haxor

just use one saw.

9. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

I guess he didn't think that design for WAR servers, maybe for sandbox or something. So no need to start whining about "Oxgxdhxgyc is huz neiin time, theat sx".

10. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

These tree farms are really just a waste of time, as Gofio has already pointed out. If you need wood, chop down a tree. It's not that hard.