1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[781][Gen] What do you think would be the best way to stop stalemates happening?

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by Invaders, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

Sadly, this is almost the norm.

2. yeah, im with the guys who want tickets. the game in its current state doesnt promote camping hard enough

Contrary, delankski, Invaders and 2 others like this.
  3. Malakhaj

Malakhaj Horde Gibber

Stalemates happen when 2 teams have all techs and meet in middle without any builders and jsut press on. In stalemate - builders fight ; carry taht migrant to dorm up front, build aditional wall, tunnel, keg factory few meters forward. Stalmetes will begone when people will stop thinking that one strong attack can end a game:)

4. SuperTurdBoy

SuperTurdBoy Tree Planter

A good map is one with a island in the middle, the island has a pool that can flood the other team, effectivly flushing the other team out. This makes quick, fun games ;)

5. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

I'm not sure whether this would help, but what about a bigger tech tree with something really, really amazing at the end of it? Like a giant robotic suit or something that is like really, really strong. That way, if the game is dragging on for too long, it will finish with a big bang! Of course, you can't make it too easy to research or build. It should take lots of resources and time, and it'll encourage more people to stay at base to work on this. It shouldn't eliminate people going out to fight, but it should just make people want to not rush.

Gofio likes this.
  6. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Lets just have a KAG -- AoE2 wonder.

Excalibur in the middle bottom of the map, must claim middle and dig a long time to get to it. Once obtained the person holding it walks really slowly, first one back to their base with Excalibur wins.

Froghead48, Iamaclay and SlyStalker like this.
  7. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

SO MUCH POTENTIAL GAME MODE MODS!

I'M SALIVATING

Guitarman likes this.
  8. eamono

eamono Arsonist

so 1 flag CTF with a sword instead of a flag? can I use the sword if I'm carrying it? can i summon king arthur to be my slave can I throw excalibur?

9. Well, you would be the queen of Ireland. That's how the story goes.

Your closest buddy gets to be Merlin, and he'll just throw balls of fire at all those who try to take your kingdom. And your sword.

10. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

If you throw Excalibur, it goes up into the air about 10 tiles, then starts floating back to the middle. It was just an idea though that fit in along with slystalker's. If someone actually wants to make a mod of this go for it.

However, I would much rather just have classic style CTF..

11. SlyStalker

Excalibur should either be something that let's your team win instantly, or have a little fun smashing the enemy first before you win. :D It wouldn't be so great if your summoned horde of Henries all fall into the same spike pit though. :QQ:

12. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

actually, I think every path of research should be possible, but every path will take two times as long as the one before.
    That way you can get all of them, but it'll take more time.

13. SlyStalker

Maybe the tech tree should be tiered, so every time you research one tech in a tier, the rest of the techs' costs go up. Maybe not double, but maybe 1.5 or 1.2.

14. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

I played on a ticket modded server, but there was 15+ people on each team and the tickets never hit zero. So any high player count server that is full shouldn't have any stalemate problems

15. Rocinante

Rocinante Ballista Bolt Thrower

Map design, spawn tickets, and/or time limits with the condition of which ever team has the most halls when the time is up wins. Don't over-think it.

Having said that, I played an excellent four hour long match today. :flex:

16. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Honestly, it's easy to break stalemate if team is willing to cooperate, which is always the bane of every round, there is a massive lack of communication, typing really fast during tight action with team is difficult and you can't lead anyone if you end up being dead because of it.

17. Shadowblitz16

Shadowblitz16 Ballista Bolt Thrower

add lives. simple as that.

18. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

add lives. encourage turtling.

Froghead48 and Iamaclay like this.
  19. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Deviating from the topic for just one second. Love the Signature. Fucking sexy. *Cough*

Now! About stalemates... how about a timer. But not like "Oh! The game's gonna end in -Place time here-"
    No no my friends... this timer is a timer that says "Oh shit! There's a meteor shower! Finish this game or Geti will finish it for you!" Geti being god. (Or whichever Dev... idk xD)
    So yea... after 30 minutes into the game... then meteors start falling from the sky which lasts a minute. Kinda makes holes in the earth... but it does bring down certain defenses to make taking a hall... or in classic kag's case.. taking a flag.

For me.. that's a logical fix. :D

20. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

So rather then a stalemate being solved with teamwork you would rather it be solved with meteor showers and rng?Sounds fucking horrible.