1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[808][Gen] Start of the Round, What to do

Discussion in 'Builder' started by amgtree, Jul 7, 2013.

?

What do you do at the start

1. Fortify hall

44.3%
  2. Traps

8.2%
  3. Ocean front tower

18.0%
  4. Factories

21.3%
  5. Other(post a reply)

8.2%
  1. Stealthkibbler

Stealthkibbler Shark Slayer

I agree with you on the movement it might need some tweaking, but with the water it leads to dams and key points on the map having to be defending lest you want to fight in the water, yes it is a problem, but only if you treat it like one.

Yes archers and bombs can be thrown/shot very far from an elevated surface I guess if it was a mountain or high hill to make sense, but that comes into the term of higher ground gives more strategic value, but even that has it's disadvantages.

No, I in fact dislike knight but that doesn't stop me from playing him if I have to defend a hall, I focus on builder whether I defensive or offensive is my choice depending on whether a hall needs reinforcing or whether we need some offensive tunnels or ladders.

2. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Um can you please bring this conversation back to the main topic.

Also if the map has a floating island with a hall on it I will usually make a trampoline cannon so are team can easily cap it early in the game

3. Stealthkibbler

Sorry for defending my opinion.

Trampolines can be countered easily though.

4. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

This is only to get on the floating island quicker. If done right people on the other team will go, "What, blue team has hax", "No way they got ther that quick", "GG everyone blue team is hacking".

5. Stealthkibbler

"Nerf trampoline MM, omg they win cause builder made trampoline"

amgtree likes this.
  6. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

7. Stealthkibbler

Good setup, did you do it yourself in sandbox? if yes that must have taken some time.

8. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

What setup the example pics. Yea I did do those in sandbox with commands !mat_stone and pressing g

9. JaniKutscher

JaniKutscher Builder Fan Donator

My first step, fortify the hall,and then build shops inside.
    If there in enough stone left , i build a tower and traps.

10. HappySheep

HappySheep Horde Gibber

Hello everyone.

I mainly play CTF, so this wont fit at 100%, but i guess it kinda will.

1. You need to think about the other classes, so building shops will help other people in your team to get ready for the game with bombs, arrows, etc (this needs to get built always before warm-up phase ends).

2. Objectives are really important, right? Then building atleast a "small defensive area (like a tower or covering hall/flag) is more than enough to hold them before they get into your base (unless it's TINY MAP).

3. Traps. Some people think they are the most important thing... they aren't. Good players will always know where are those and how to evade them from dying, so i think this is the last think you should think of building.

I'm not even going to talk about tower in the ocean... ::P: