1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[893][Gen] Why does everyone have a negative... Tunneling Discussion

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by amgtree, Sep 27, 2013.

?

Whats you opoinon on it

1. I don't see this as a problem

42 vote(s)
    62.7%
  2. OMG I'M, AH, DIS BORKEN

9 vote(s)
    13.4%
  3. i <3 TUNNLING

16 vote(s)
    23.9%
  1. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Make air tunnels. They are free and you don't have to dig.

SirSammy likes this.
  2. SeanAS

SeanAS Meth Addict Donator
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

@Fellere825 Air Tunnels?

3. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

4. SeanAS

5. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Tunnel workshops aren't free

Classic likes this.
  6. SeanAS

So what is the air tunnel! Teach PLS @Fellere825

7. SirSammy

SirSammy Shark Slayer

You shouldn't have let the forum know of it's existence. Excommunicated.

8. -Crimson-

-Crimson- Haxor

They hate it because it's a pain in the ass to deal with.

9. I've missed tunnelling over the time I've played KAG and just recently I tunneled won the game for my team it really actually made me smile going through the tunnel with the flag because I just thought back to 7 months ago.

We really need to just tunnel more it makes the game more fun an interesting just seeing everyone rush and block the tunnel scream and get resources makes me so happy

+1 FOR TUNNELLING

10. Solaris

Solaris Batlord Sliftensnurgh Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

Tunneling is ok unless you have no idea how to do it properly. l2 tunnel plebs

11. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

There's so many ways a tunnel can be countered, that it outweighs the advantages of having one most of the time. Some things that could go wrong:

-Poorly placed entrance (under your defenses, etc)

-Upon breaking through, you get pushed back and the tunnel gets taken over.

-In the time it takes to make it, the enemy could win the game due to having more numbers above ground

-Flooding

-the enemy team could dig into the tunnel from any point and take it over

-A builder could fill it in with wood/stone, meaning you would have to do the whole process over again,but it would take longer

The only way a tunnel works, is if it goes completely unnoticed and you can assemble a large portion of your team there just before you break through. Then you have to go to the trouble of defending it.

Noburu and Solaris like this.
  12. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

If I am tunneling most of the time when I get close to the enemy's baseI build a travel tunnel so we can just go in and kill everyone

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

There are quite a few reasons 80% would have negative feelings about tunnels.

For 1. If you built a tunnel under the water, someone can simply flood it out. Causing all that time the builder did building it to go down the drain.
    For 2. If a "noob"/"newbie" builder makes a tunnel without team doors then it gives the other team an advantage to progress forward (And my/may not get the tunnler kicked for "greifing")
    For 3. Most of the time builders dont get the concept of "Maps" showing tunnels, therefore your spotted instantly.

Trumbles has also said quite a few notes i was going to mention.
    (Sneaky ninja you).

14. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Make tunnels once you've reached at least the mid of the map. Making tunnels at your base can be an issue, but otherwise it can be the only way to attack an incoming tunneler squad; making them for attacking, making a spawn/teleporter/shop cave underground is a pretty valid tactic.

Moreover, makign tunnels when you're near to their base makes the other team waste their time trying to get you, so your mates can advance.
    Tunnels are safe for builders to move on or to wait; 1 single door and a couple of blocks to seal can keep you alive for a long while if your tunnel got flooded.

15. Khaleesi

Khaleesi Mother of Dragons Donator
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

to me, tunneling is the key to territory winning! The more control you gain over the map, the more the chance rises to take the victory!

16. ZeroZ30o

ZeroZ30o Haxor

As a main 'hater' of tunnels, I feel like it's bad due to:
    1- It's boring to make. This reminds me of the fact that, in games, if it works, people will do it, even if boring.
    2- Tunnels come with doors all the time, and knight-door fighting is pretty stupid. You just pop out while slashing... as a knight main, I feel it's not nearly as fun.
    3- If there is a tunnel (building) inside the tunnel, it encourages people to "suicide", since they can come back so quickly. Kills matter less, and everything is spammed more.

On top of that, I agree with previous comments like "easy to do" "annoying" and "fails alot".

17. PandemicCommander

PandemicCommander Shipwright

Spamming ladders on the back edge is far more of an issue than tunneling. A team can, with little investment throw up ladders to the ceiling that the enemy team will have a very hard time breaking, then glide knights over the battlefield. For every issue I've had with tunneling, I have had 10 with laddering.

18. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

I do think there should be some way to make tunneling less effective because you really can't get to someone who is tunneling if they are paying attention.

19. IMPX_MrFox2

IMPX_MrFox2 Catapult Fodder

I think troll builders are worse than tunnelers, but still, keep in mind that everything has a counter. If they're tunneling, that means they have one less player on the field than you for quite some time. The tunneler will only be a problem when he finishes, or comes close to finishing.

Personally I enjoy flooding it. The best counter to a tunneler is to switch to Builder, grab a Knight (who will cooperate :P) and go down and punch the tunneler in the teeth. Then flood the tunnel (if you can and have the time), and seal it off.

8x likes this.
  20. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

the builder can just place blocks for like ever and stop you from getting in the tunnel though.