1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[893][Gen] Why does everyone have a negative... Tunneling Discussion

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by amgtree, Sep 27, 2013.

?

Whats you opoinon on it

1. I don't see this as a problem

42 vote(s)
    62.7%
  2. OMG I'M, AH, DIS BORKEN

9 vote(s)
    13.4%
  3. i <3 TUNNLING

16 vote(s)
    23.9%
  1. which is why you go builder and counter that by breaking the stuff they place, or even grabbing a drill and a bucket and going to town.

2. ManlyPinkPony

ManlyPinkPony Catapult Fodder

If someone decides to tunnel, and the game does not prohibit do so in anyway, nor is there any implicit obligation to "not tunnel" then by all means a player should be allowed to use that in their arsenal of strategies. As far as im concerned if someone has any issue with it, then they should either occasionally check for anyone tunneling, or make their own server in which by some means they can make it so tunneling is litterally impossible (via bedrock or whatever it will be).

3. ZeroZ30o

ZeroZ30o Haxor

I agree, which is why I think tunneling is viable because the mapmaker forgot to add bedrock.
    It's not forbidden, but it's anti-fun, very frustrating to deal with, and "unfair" when it actually works out.
    It's kind of like spawncamping, though that is not frustrating because there is a spawn protection that lets you deal with it.

4. GreenLich

GreenLich Catapult Fodder

tunneling is easy and sometime effective but there's a tactic even more effective. build a high tower, make a catapult on the top. make a little farm of chicken and DONE!!! you're knights can take a chicken, being launched in the ennemy base and if you're lucky, there's might be a knight-shop who's no protected and if so, the ennemy dont have a base anymore. and you dont take any risk. personally i dont hate people who are tunneling. but there's so many over possibility that tunneling to go in the ennemy base.

5. ZeroZ30o

ZeroZ30o Haxor

That's true, catapult is kind of stupid in its arc, but oh well.

6. DooMAD

DooMAD Shipwright

Tunneling can work effectively. But it helps if the other team have plenty of action going on above ground to keep them occupied and distracted, so they don't notice you inching closer under their feet. There's an element of timing and luck involved. And it can easily backfire if you do it recklessly.

7. ccnc

ccnc Catapult Fodder

wow, I fuqing needed to read half of the thread to notice that you guy talk about digging to the enemy.

Tunneling can be pretty shitty if either you are the only one who tunnels and the enemy takes over your tunnel or when the exact opposite happens and everyone depends on the tunnel (is in the tunnel) while the enemy team easily invade your base and take control over your base.
    Recently I rarely see people tunneling. Its not that useful anymore since Kag beta and the currently played maps

8. emasame

emasame Bison Rider

use a drill. tunnelers ded

9. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

Yeah but most of the time there is some knights in there (if they are doing it right)