1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[909][Gen] Nifty little tricks and tips

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by Klokinator, Oct 12, 2013.

1. pvt_tod

pvt_tod Base Burner

this IS the most underestimated thing in the game for an archer

ARROW LADDERS! Never and i mean NEVER have i seen an archer use this method to help his knights scale towers and once i tried it..........and it WORKED. we won the game. because i got about 5 knights over that structure and not only does it help knights it can help builders to! its so useful if used correcty you could bring your WHOLE TEAM OVER IF YOU HAD MORE THAN ONE ARCHER! how cool of a concept is that

some tips regarding how to do it

usually i just takes one legolas shot but keep in mind that you cant use this for towers larger than about 35 blocks/tiles if you are scaling that high you will need more than one archer
    [​IMG]

so seriously. use this method if there are no offensive builders sure it wastes some of your arrows but you can pick them up on the battlefield, resupply or when worst comes to worst buy them!

:spam::h_rock::knight::migrant: simple

(don't use special arrows for this technique) ::P:

2. Olimarrex

Olimarrex Ballista Bolt Thrower Official Server Admin

Are you really sure you can only do 35 blocks? is this legolass shot only or have you tried using normal bow-twangs...
    I certainly disagree with the need of more than 2 archers simply to scale a wall...

3. I'd say that the arrows would 'break' before you could do more then 35?

4. Dubovnik

Dubovnik Drill Rusher
    1. Top Hat Squad [THS]

1: Double-Jumping! Always buy two bombs and fast press spacebar 3 times in a row. Then, wait till bomb on the ground blow up, when u are in air throw second bomb that u have. u can get in high towers and with great distance. (Someboy does NOT knows that)
    2:Always help builder to resupply! Thats important, because builders are always important on the battlefield, use your tent changing to builder and give resources to friendly builder.
    3:Tip For knights!When u are double-slash, remember that u need release mouse before when u near enemy, because he will try to jab u, stunning and killing u with slash. (works only with lagging players above 133-233)

5. Olimarrex

But that doesn't sound like much... You don't have to draw back to full...

6. Sou

Sou Shark Slayer

----MAKE A TANK----
    Get an arrow launcher for 100 coins, sit in it, then get a nice fellow to carry it along for you!
    Only available in TDM :(
    @Hrodvitnir

Hrodvitnir and startselect3 like this.
  7. pvt_tod

pvt_tod Base Burner

i guess so but if you fired continuously you might be able to do it
    well i don't mean that only one legolas shot would be needed i didn't really think THAT needed explaning. but you would certainly have to keep firing and if the wall has any over hangs this method can be defeated pretty easily unless you have parkour/ amazing bomb jumper knights!

i have tested this and it does work but not very consitently and to do it easily you should have at least 2-3 archers it also uses a TONNE of arrows. it works best if you use a combination of legolas and normal shots

and the reason why i would use two archers is that it is a lot more efficient.you would get more men over more quickly and we don't lose as much arrows individually

have i answered your questions?

but seriously try it!

8. Props to the builder who made a 35 foot tall tower. Knowing KAG builder's laziness, I'd say it's about one block wide too.

9. Dubovnik

Dubovnik Drill Rusher
    1. Top Hat Squad [THS]

so theres come help to knights, they can jump out on 1 wide block with help of archer/s

10. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Couple basic abuses that have become commonplace: crouching when shielding, Attacking the corner of a tunnel
    20160409113408_1.jpg
    , holding left or right when traveling through an enemy tunnel so you dont fall in the sawpit, and that's about all i can remember about the basic kag abuses in kag atm.

Attached Files:

11. JiffIez

JiffIez Arsonist

Charge a double slash right before sitting into a Ballista. Allow ONE slash to go off before spamming sit. You will keep that charged up slash and will insta-slash (cancelling ALL other slashes) right when you get up from the seat. Really helps when you're the only person defending the holy ballista with bomb bolts. Same applies to all other siege vehicles but the ballista is by far the most useful.

PUNK123 and Lava like this.
  12. PUNK123

You can place bodies in enemy's doors, and when they run thru the door will be propped open
    Builders can attack knights from behind doors using pickaxe targeting bs. Kinda like with the tunnel. Though i wont give any pics/examples because it is kinda trash. Chickens set off mines which is bs but itd be cool to see someone try to abuse it.

13. Olimarrex

Works with drills aswell.

14. PUNK123

not anymore. Or atleast i fucking hope not.