1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[954] Rhino

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by MammothEmperor, Nov 28, 2013.

1. MammothEmperor

MammothEmperor Catapult Fodder

Had my first try at building actual flag defense.
    Wonder if it's any good:
    [​IMG]

It withstood a good few hours of knights and a few tunnely builders before we won.
    There is a flag somewhat "close" to the eye, so tunneling through at the base wont collapse the major part, when the enemies saw this they called us cheaters. Was funny.
    Around the flag room are several layers of stone, surrounded by several layers of wood (segmented horizontally by several 1-layers of about 4 stone blocks to prevent a fire taking out all the wood at once), surrounded again by a layer of stone.

I'm aware that there should be platforms and spikes against wall-climbers and double bomb jumpers. Also should have had the front wall tilt like so: \

My idea was to start adding layers from the very start, then to keep layering it through the entire game and see if the enemy could ever penetrate that much. They did tunnel through the middle as I said, but missed the flagroom and had their builder killed once they reached the other side.

Is it horrible in a way I havent seen? Can it be better? Tips & tricks?

2. BC

BC Bison Rider

Which building is yours? Might be a good idea to crop the image around your structure.

3. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I think he means the giant stone one...
    and about it, you just used a bunch of stone so nobody can get to your flag. It's a good way to stop the enemies, but if your other flag gets stolen, you'll have to make a door to your flag. Pretty simple design that works unless the enemy gets smart and spams explosives everywhere

Also, does whoever build the wooden structure to the left not know how to use backwall? That structure is making me cringe.