1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[963] Knight wall running then shield gliding repeatedly to get over any wall

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by clembo2021, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

This also still hasn't been fixed since my hiatus? ._.

Considering how random this tends to be and how it gives skilled players an YET ANOTHER advantage over newer/lesser skilled players(Which they don't need any more advantages over these people), I also vote for its removal.

The game already has problems with players doing things on their own and single players being the winners of games, I'd rather have arrow ladders, shield ladders, and ladder ladders than super-walljumping-powers-activate!

Ontop of that it really doesn't add any value to Builder's buildings like you guys said, Builders already have to make overhangs and already have to build a LOT of other stuff, they don't need to have to build things specifically for pro players in normal matches (This is always why I want double bombjumping nurfed to be less effective.).

Knights should be generally less mobile, this can lead ways into players switching between classes as they need...Kinda like Geti always mentions the game should be played like but the game is hardly balanced around doing... :V

2. AcidSeth

AcidSeth Arsonist

Knight could use some dependencies.

NinjaCell likes this.
  3. austinthus

austinthus Horde Gibber

I use this skill all the time, and trust me, I'm no pro knight. I usually try to only use this skill if either a) someone from the opposite team has done the same or some equally pro move, or b) we're in stalemate. I'll be honest with you: it's much too over powered. It's just not fair if one knight can do the exact same thing as a giant freakin' spider that has a sword, a shield, and no webs.

4. Guitrz

Guitrz Arsonist

How do you do that gliding? I keep trying but can't do it

5. emasame

emasame Bison Rider

when you wall climb and jump off you get a little height boost. you just shield up and move back towards the wall and kick off again.

6. It takes a little bit of timing, but it's easy enough to do. It's almost totally denied by an overhang, though, and an archer at the top can deny any knight with a legolas shot.

7. emasame

emasame Bison Rider

you can swat people away at the top of the tower as a knight really easily. archers can also rain arrows straight down and fuck it up the timing. an overhang of 3 tiles is possible to wallclimb but very difficult. i dont think 4 is possible without a bomb.

builders can also do that old tactic of dropping some stone by breaking 1 backwall to crush people. that tactic is still super UU

:castle_wall:
    :castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::castle_bg:(connects to tower)

zerd likes this.