1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

A Different View On The Scoreboard..

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by -Crimson-, Oct 4, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. -Crimson-

-Crimson- Haxor

Didn't know what to name the topic but I have a different view on how the scoreboard should work.

Instead of the scoreboard giving you a "score" over your K/D. Why not over things that help the team more? like getting the most slashes on enemy players, placing down the most blocks/doors or even getting the most hits with your arrows as archer (or assists in whatever class you play). Maybe even who has capped the most flags?

This can make people more co-operative instead of going 3-0 with a score of 300 and saying their the real MVP. This also helps make observations on players if you were going to recruit a player to a clan, or knowing who's good in what class, it also can make someone that usually doesn't get much kills, feel like they are important on their team scoreboard and are contributing to the team in the role they play.

After all, KAG is a co-operative game, and a scoreboard change like this can encourage co-operation.

Aegis, DatNobby, RadioActive and 11 others like this.
  2. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

This isn't a viable idea because how does one define what's useful when placing blocks, landing slashes, landing arrows? I used to spam blocks in spawn so I could afford certain things, that doesn't mean it was useful per se. Same with knight and archer, just because you land a hit doesn't necessarily mean you've helped your team that much.

The only thing I could suggest is the idea of assists, instead of final blows only counting towards score. If you take 1/4 of someone's health, and then your friend finishes him off, you may get 0.25 towards your kills. This would balance an archer's "K/D" because often they are support and not the "finishers" of an opponent.

Dargona1018 likes this.
  3. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

4. -Crimson-

-Crimson- Haxor

similar, at least.

5. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

Then I support this idea, sick of people taking shits on builder and acting top shit because they have 200 points.

6. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

I think kills must still higher you score but also capturing flags,assists and maybe shop building will also higher the score.

Fuzzle and Anonymuse like this.
  7. noname42

noname42 Shipwright

Also you should get points (and coins) for destroying enemy structures like doors, trapdoors and shops.

Anonymuse and -Crimson- like this.
  8. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Or just remove the death factor. Give more points for destroying enemy objectives.

9. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

OP should add a tl;dr

tl;dr revive classic scoreboard without bugs

RampageX and 101i like this.
  10. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

We need in my opinion :

• Map name in the scoreboard
    • a nice "RED TEAM WINS or BLUE TEAM WINS" . It could be easier to take screenshots for some leagues.
    • Cap per team

Fuzzle likes this.
  11. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Rank in the scoreboard for the Black Death servers?

Lumeos and Mexer like this.
  12. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

A simpler alternative (which would mean less clutter) would be to let the scoreboard track how many coins each player has earned in total.

After all, even Builders earn coins. Every class earns coins.

StarskyGianni, Auburn, norill and 3 others like this.
  13. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Would losing coins through deaths detract from your score?

14. Nighthawk

Nah. The scoreboard should display the total you've earned, so losses wouldn't do anything. It would still be an accurate representation of your total contribution, though, because you're "losing" potential coin gain when you die anyway due to spending that time dead and not earning.

15. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

So what if I go builder and make shit minecraft towers. I'd get a ton of coins, probably more than if I rekt the entire enemy team as knight

Anonymuse likes this.
  16. Nighthawk

Maybe. I don't know; Knights get boatloads of coins from fighting.

17. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

The coin thing doesn't work for the reasons outlined by Swine, builder spam being a #1 issue for people who just want to be on "top". Score should only be directly related to things that 100% help your team, i.e., breaking enemy fortifications/shops, assisting in kills, killing, building shops, healing other players (throwing hearts or burgers at them), etc.

18. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

How about just removing the scoreboard? You can have 8,000,000 points and still lose the game. Points mean literally nothing other than giving knights big e-peens. If anything, points detract from the team focus of the game. Keeping track of K/D was never something that should matter except in TDM or another game mode that might be invented (King of the hill, anyone?) where points were a central focus. The fact people use it to hurl insults ("HA! Shuttup noob builder, you ain't got my points!") and focus on their points more than winning the game is proof of this.

The goal in KAG is to take the enemy hall or the enemy flag. Points do not count towards that goal. If I could have them removed, I would.

19. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

[​IMG]

Just found it on the soldat forum. We just need the map name too.

Mods: Rainbows