1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

A good collapsing technique

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by littlealmond, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Xlayer

Xlayer Haxor

Well obviously it's not a legit method of killing people. I was expecting at least someone to take that picture seriously, so congratulations Antman. In case you did not know, Xlayer means sarcastic in Japanese.
    The structure I posted there actually takes 2140 stone and can accurately be launched from a catapult. :B):

Arcite, UnnamedPlayer and -Q like this.
  2. Antman

Antman Base Burner

Wow guys, it was cleared up that he was being sarcastic :p
    And I was basically a far away as you with my amount, 2500. @ Toast. Dont have a go at me if you can't do any better fool.

Thanks for being nice about it and informing me Xlayer :) I wasn't actually having a go at you.

But seriously, someone I don't know necro posts a stupid thing (but yes, sarcasticly, as mentioned)and then another guy says 'this' (who I also don't know) and I corrected it to my knowledge, don't expect me to know everything. :)

Happy day to you all ;)

3. Night_Horde

Night_Horde Shopkeep Stealer

:blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::p:blank: :door:
    :blank: :blank::blank::blank::ladder::bow::ladder: :door:
    :):hammer::quarters::door::door::door::door::door:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :door::castle_wall::door:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall: :sword::D​
    Bare with me cause this is the first tower I've built on here. ignore the space between the top line and the second because I just couldn't get it to go away. It allows for all character types.​
    1. The knight can easily pass up .and down the base​
    2. The ladders prevent the archer from falling and he can poke his head through​
    3. the builder can of course easily drop the structure onto the other team.​
    You can make the tower higher, add more armor to the front part, and even create a roof if you want it. Works great for a team defending the front line. Not to mention it can easily be built again once it drops.​
    Let me know what you think.​

4. Xlayer

Xlayer Haxor

In my opinion, the best collapse structures are the ones that don't block your own teammates.

Night_Horde likes this.
  5. i prefer this one:

:castle_wall::bridge::bridge::bridge::bridge::bridge:
    :castle_wall::blank::blank: :castle_bg:
    :castle_wall::blank: :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:

Gofio likes this.
  6. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

one, we have "empty" icons in the smiley list.
    two, this is the noobiest and worst dropping technique ever,
    three, use the searchbutton. saves everyone twenty guides a day.

soulrealm likes this.
  7. Lord_bugg

Lord_bugg Smashing Donator

how about this:
    :bridge::castle_wall::ladder::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :bridge::door:
    :bridge::castle_wall::ladder::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :bridge::castle_wall:
    :bridge::castle_wall:

8. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

this is how i annilihated the enemy team
    screen-12-08-26-23-31-23.png
    destroying the team door making it fall into the pit below killing any one below

allknowingfrog likes this.
  9. Tyngn

Tyngn Ballista Bolt Thrower

:blank::castle_wall:
    :blank: :door:
    :quarters: :door::castle_bg:
    :castle_wall: :blank::bridge::bridge::bridge:
    :castle_wall:

Is what i like to use in the pregame time, because you may never need to drop it, and i think this would be a pretty cool archer nest.​

10. MINIMAN

MINIMAN Shark Slayer

screen-12-09-18-15-39-13.png
    I would prefere one of these drops'' on the red/blue team.
    The one on the left is great (partly desinged by me :)) If knights rush in they wont take notice the pit so they will die.(left tower)
    The right uses the drop pad,also archers can shoot down,same as left tower.
    Thx
    -Mini:dance:

11. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

Instead of using a shop block :quarters:, use a team door.
    It, too, can be destroyed with one hit (while it is open), is less conspicuous looking than a frail shop block, but it is resource-heavy... especially if you make more than one, or keep reconstructing the trap. Though, if you need to reconstruct the trap, it probably means you're under siege. In which case you would just resort back to the cheap shop block traps.

12. Peterpiper

Peterpiper Catapult Fodder

for the right tower and the three spikes is not good because pro acrhers can get past that by using arrows........and the left side archers can go up there and go up the ladders to your base...

THis is for miniman

SO GOOD LUCK FIXING IT

13. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

I was trying to decide how you create a collapsing trap with all that backwall. Turns out, you were past the backwall.

14. Dark_Centurion

Dark_Centurion Builder Stabber

Whoosh.

15. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

better one?

:door::castle_wall::blank::castle_wall::blank::castle_wall::blank::castle_wall::blank::castle_wall:
    :door::door::castle_bg::door::castle_bg::door::castle_bg::door::castle_bg::door:
    :door::door::castle_bg::door::castle_bg::door::castle_bg::door::castle_bg::door:
    :door::castle_wall::door::castle_wall::door::castle_wall::door::castle_wall::door::castle_wall:
    :blank::castle_wall::blank::castle_wall::blank::castle_wall::blank::castle_wall::blank:

replace every door with a piece of workshopblock.
    you can keep repeating this pattern, to maximize its outcome.
    drop the entire thing if its been entered by enemies

16. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I love how Strathos' tech is always one step ahead of the forums. By the time y'all have caught on to using workshop pieces, he's moved on to doors. Now you're catching on to doors he has something else all together.

I3lue, Gofio and PumpkingSlice like this.
  17. I used doors before him : (.
    Nor sure about door as a block but p sure I was the first one to drop blocks straight from the entrance.

18. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Doors are actually stupid old and people have been doing that forever.

Where have you been (it was even on the forums as a way to drop way back when [before Killatron even an admin here yo]) and was simply ignored, cause everyone knew that shit.

Also workshop pieces were used since they were released, we've been using them to grief since they were out, shit's hella fun.

19. PumpkingSlice

PumpkingSlice Base Burner

You people suck. Rubble is the shit! Because it's fun watching an enemy run into a self triggered trap. Yes there are flaws, but hey, what doesn't have flaws. Also Rubble can be used to collapse things from a tower but It'd probably be hard to do for your general player.

20. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

read the post... the doors are meant to be workshop blocks, used doors because they make so little sense that everyone should instantly think of reading whats directly under the post and see they aren't meant to be doors.
    </br>--- merged: Dec 22, 2012 9:00 PM ---</br>
    that kinda defeats the point of a trap,
    you have to collapse somethin to make the enemy collapse something?
    why not just collapse it ont top of that enemy?