1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

A Mad Week, Deadline coping Plans.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

well, IF the devs ever add buyable clothing, then please just add the option to buy ALL hats.
    something like "pay three dollars and get these awesome hats".

2. Night_Horde

Night_Horde Shopkeep Stealer

Yeah I know just trying to reiterate it I guess lol I really want to make my own heads and since they're really simple pixels, they're much easier to make. One can always hope though.

3. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

me too, thinks it wont happen.
    "smart" people like me, would just change their colors to the other team to spy on them, before killing them off like a rapist.

4. Night_Horde

Night_Horde Shopkeep Stealer

Maybe like a universal block(blocks) in a design that would change red/blue depending on the team you were on

5. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

Thats a bad idea.

6. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

bad idea i agree...

delankski likes this.
  7. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Devs wont get rich from some hats, they need more players.
    KAG has to get more mainstream.

They can't do that alone. :)

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  8. Zuke

Zuke Shopkeep Stealer

sounds good

delankski likes this.
  9. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

don't introduce clothes... I would lose all my money

10. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

The reason we need to avoid this is because of the inappropriate hats that will be created. It's too bad people want to do that: it ruins a (Possible) great aspect of customisation.

11. Antman

Antman Base Burner

Personally, when I played minecraft, I saw 1 "Bad" skin the entire time (6 - 8) months. :)
    I asked Geti once, and he said the reason was more because it's not needed, a little hard to implement, and not very high priority.
    Obviously, penis heads (Dickheads?) are going to be there, but I don't think it would be that bad.. theres going to be 10 times more griefers than penis men, so it won't hurt the gameplay anymore than one person already can.

So, it might be implemented, and I hope they have some form of user submitted way to use heads.

Arcite likes this.
  12. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

On this note, if you see a penis on the internet, how is it going to affect you, there is much worse stuff on the internet. You can search up 'IGA' (A food chain in Aus) and have pictures of girls naked/bikinied in google images, yet a barely plausible pixel penis is just to much.

Can't wait for all these mechanics!

delankski likes this.
  13. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

its sarcasm, and its true.
    the idea to make hats buyable is bad no matter the way you look at it.
    KAG is a fastpaced online fighting game. its not HABBO hotel.
    if you would sell hats, then just do it by selling all hats as an extension pack,
    not by letting us pay 0.25 for one hat. (or something like that)

...how the heck did this thread become a thread about hat selling?
    offtopic ftw?

ontopic:
    what do they mean with "groundslopes"?
    the diagonal blocks, or the coding for diagonal blocks?
    I really look forward to the end of summer :huh?:

14. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

About the custom-made heads: I don't think that anyone would be afraid of penismen, but the graphic quality could overall decrease if people would start making heads a lot, since not everyone is a good pixel artist.

Antman likes this.
  15. Reactorcore

Reactorcore Shark Slayer

If a user made content shop would come to KAG it would not be a problem. Looking at Valve once more, they have tough quality control that ensures that people need to try hard and achieve good results or their work will not get accepted. This eliminates the risk of profanity in any user content.

The great thing about the cash shop is that it allows people who already bought the game to have the option to give more money to the devs and get rewarded by the choosing of their custom content. Modders will also greatly benefit, because they can actually earn money on their mods rather than just getting an empty pat on the back, if even that.

Also remember, the user content store can also extend to Interface Graphics to change the appearance of menus and ingame GUI for example. If the modding system will be robust enough, maybe you can have even new features or new items added into the game.

See this website how Valve has done it. Its pretty interesting:
    http://www.teamfortress.com/workshop/

16. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

cept the best part is.. its 2d!!! so anyone can do it ^^ we dont need any 3d drawing crap :D

delankski likes this.
  17. TheFilip

TheFilip Ballista Bolt Thrower

Hey, just asking, when it's finished will it come to Steam?

18. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

19. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

uhhhhh sorry to burst your bubble, but you don't know that for sure, so please don't tell people things like this.

20. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

What I took from this, I thought it was going to be submitted to (I should of said things like Steam) steam by 1.0 After reading it again, MM could be talking about submitting the game to things like Steam, not Steam necessarily.
    Link: https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/steam-greenlight-please-read.7344/page-3#post-125584

Riletyface likes this.