1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

A Mad Week, Deadline coping Plans.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I am pretty sure you're not able to bring everything on Steam.

You might have coded some 'super awesome' snake game, but Steam has to accept it as well...

2. Villekille707

Villekille707 Shipwright

Much Off-topic: I don't like the idea of bringing buyable content (Hats, etc...) into the game. Even if it doesn't affect the game physically, I still feel like I'm missing something. Because I don't have the hats. It's like in some games: "Yay I finally own this game!". Then the game suggests me to buy additional content, even though I think I should have the whole game, when I've bought it. I understand it's great for "Play4free" games (like TF 2 now), but like in BF 3 you have bought the game, but to get all the stuff you must buy Premium.

On-Topic: I can't wait for this update. Good to see new info. :)

3. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

You've also paid like 10 bucks on this soon to be 50 dollars worth game, i say it's fine if they want a minor store to pull in some money, as we definitely haven't paid enough to deserve the game imo.

4. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

Where does it say fifty dollars?

5. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Ok... here's the thing. Almost every online game (maybe all.. idk) has a "pay to get cool shit" thing. This game is unique beyond reason. We shouldnt have to do that, i mean seriously! Having to pay for hats and such is lame as heck and has been used so many times. Why not have online gold, meaning depending on how long you've been playing or how good you were in servers. You would get gold for it. When you get enough you can buy something from the armory or clothing shop so it won't be hard to see who's awesome and who's a noob.
    Problem here obviously is, how it would make kag not fun... everyone would want compete for items and not have fun. Well then... keep prices low and the gold gifting more higher and we will all be ok.
    Back to the pricing thing for items. Alot of players here are atleast around 15 or so. Do you want them to be unhappy cause mommy won't let then buy virtual 2d items. They would quit about a week or so into playing it cuz of that reason. So like i said before... in-game gold with in-game shops is your best bet.

The devs can choose what they want. Be like other games and make us pay for small packs of hats or clothes that 7th grade children can't pay for cause of parents. Thus makin em bored, cry and quit... or let us have fun playing while gaining gold for those packs of items without issues. And instead donate some money to forums.

This is just my opinion, don't start your butt-chenching now. No need for those. xD

6. Antman

Antman Base Burner

Because that's totally going to earn them money :P
    You're missing the point.

Contrary likes this.
  7. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Adding on real quick... to make this work if this could work... ppl with money can get this stuff quick with their money...
    Why not poor ppl... with this ingame gold you get maybe...100 kag gold every 5 minutes or so as long as you play, by play i mean your actually playing, not leave the game running and bam... shit tons of gold after an hour of afk.
    That should make it fair for both the working man and the poor ppl of America and other countries lol.
    It just won't be fair ok ppl... it won't. Just do that and you can get all zeh money you want lol.

8. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Awww, i don't want this game like WoW, need to buy lots of things before you can play D:

9. Antman

Antman Base Burner

It's not fair if a poor man gets everything a rich man gets.
    He earns his money, he deserves more..

10. Sarmane

Sarmane Go Tau'va yourself San Diego. Donator

"milking" the hats section of kag would be a disappointment in terms of when a premium player purchases the game and they have to continue with purchasing for that item- currently KAG has it advertised as one of the perks gained by actually buying the game to be a member- that in itself is a great incentive to making people want to upgrade from a vanilla KAG experience- On the issue of future possible merchandise, I would say going down some sort of "pay to win model" would not see a good reaction from current players, premium and non-premium-

11. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

what is said model

12. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

People who've paid will be better than people who haven't paid.

KAG won't be like this, I'd like to remind you guys that premium players bought the "full" game.

Ej and SARGRA13 like this.
  13. Sarmane

Sarmane Go Tau'va yourself San Diego. Donator

the idea of helping to fund the game/developers by allowing players to spend real life money on ingame merchandise that has an advantageous effect for them versing non payers. in the current system, premiums dont have any such advantage when playing on non-premium servers, look at tribes for a quick example :D

14. Reactorcore

Reactorcore Shark Slayer

And it doesn't have to. Its just about buying cosmetics.

SARGRA13 likes this.
  15. MechaTrickster

I'm not paying 6 dollars for some 8x8 hats that I could reproduce in a texture pack.

16. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Ikr. Me neither.

Oh wait. How about this. Why not have an ingame shop where players can spend ingame money on texture packs other players made? And switch between em while playing.

17. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

why would i want to buy texture packs when they're available for free download on the forums?

Honestly if they cost money i would never use a texture pack again.

SARGRA13, Bammboo and jerloch like this.
  18. Reactorcore

Reactorcore Shark Slayer

Several reasons:

The authors who made those packs could sell them, thus giving them a something in return for their work.
    Putting texture packs on a store enforces high quality, because the devs have to approve it, so this means you won't come across crap on the store.

The devs will have an additional ongoing source of income to fuel future development and life by collecting a cut from the sales of the user made content, since they own KAG and provide it to others as a service. By having an income that is ongoing gives more freedom to the devs, so they won't have to take on deadlines or make restricting deals with publishers that ultimately degrade the quality of the final product because the lack of time and funding.

You can always make your own content for free, but it makes sense to pay for the work of others.
    Modders that share with the public do so to get feedback, but ultimately nothing is more satisfying as a feedback than hard cold cash for your work.

In a world where your IRL survival depends on money, it makes sense to have this system.

FlameHaze3 and Contrary like this.
  19. MechaTrickster

I demand 15 dollars for my 60 minute Gameboy Pack DLC that you must buy ingame, it only works when you're connected to the internet and on said server you bought it on. You lose it after 3 months unless you pay 2 more dollars every 4 weeks. I also want 4 dollars for every single mod related item I've posted on the forums. This new system of yours will make me richer then Notch.

The only reason a texture pack should be available on a server is if its a fucking optional global texture pack.

GloriousToast, Rayne and Ej like this.
  20. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I'll still stand by my opinion on the matter, I wouldn't want to pay for a texture pack, that's dumb.
    It's just like paying for those cosmetic outfits you see on f2p with cash shop MMOs, except nobody else can see it, because it's a texture pack.

and honestly it sounds like a waste of time, with the deadline looming above us it's not a good idea imo.