1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

A Mad Week, Deadline coping Plans.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Reactorcore

Reactorcore Shark Slayer

There are always ways to make it work without intefering with server-client side access and also have your swag appear for others ingame. Its just a matter of design.

Also, given the opportunity to earn money on the texture packs/mods, authors would go there without hesitation. Its just a matter of changing how people think about it. Believe it or not, but there are people who will actually buy texture packs that you won't. Heck, some crap people spend money on is even more ridiculous than this.

The whole point why the content shop discussion was raised in the first place is to find a way to make the developer become more independent, as right now, they are not. They are forced to rush the game, cut corners in consistency as well as leave out some content simply so they would earn more money. But that won't be sustainable in the long run anyway. The content shop could be a potential solution to that problem.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Contrary like this.
  2. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

We may want some sort of system where you get in game gold for how good you are while playing in the servers... meaning your not causing issues in the game. Like ever 5 minutes 100 gold. It would be kinda fair for ppl who dont have alot of gold. But then again you can just make your own stuff and get money off that as well.

Still.. theres the ppl who cant do pixel art and want to use texture packs.. would be nice to give them a chance to get those packs just by playing and getting gold :D

I just keep pitching ths idea hoping someone could and can support me. But right now.. its not freakin happening. :|
    </br>--- merged: Jul 16, 2012 2:13 AM ---</br>
    They want to finish the game dude. Really bad. I doubt they want to waste time putting that in. Plus why does anyone want to buy a single texture pack for some money no one can use.. and also if you want ppl to see it, it may actually crash the game from all the data being exchaged back and forth. Just having the game look normal and just having the ability to purchase items via game coins is just better... then the poor wont have to be sad that they cant get a texture pack. Just think about that bro. THINK ABOUT IT! >:O

Oh and btw... sorry for bringing up minecraft... but they have texture packs.. and do you see them selling those texture packs for money.. No... you dont. Do you see the selling minecraft skins for money.. hardly. So shut yer yap and realize that its a bad idea D:

Now lets change the subject and talk about the task they are currently on.

lukepop likes this.
  3. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

Memory eating Minecraft does it just fine.

4. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

You make a good argument. But still.. no paying for texture packs that you could make yourself!

5. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I don't think anyone would buy texture packs that only they can see, but there's an unarguably huge market for hats and stuff that everyone else can see as well.

Sirpixelot: Stop suggesting these convoluted systems for getting paid content free, you're missing the point. As Reactorecore pointed out, the devs livelihood is based on money made from this game. They made this game because they like games and wanted to make it, but also because they wanted to make money. This is capitalism, yo. If people can't afford to buy a video game hat then tough luck, they can go bald.

6. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Oh... that is true. Kinda harsh.. but ok . o.

7. TheFilip

TheFilip Ballista Bolt Thrower

No thanks.
    I want my texture packs and mods for free, if i want to give them money i might just hit the Donate button.

How could the idea of paying for texture packs even come close to your mind?
    It would just cripple the community.

Yes, the developers are forced to rush the game, but this is not the way to solve that problem.

8. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

Can't wait for this update! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    Also,you guys that are talking about buy able heads and texture packs,
    you are getting quite a bit off topic,and that makes me sad.
    =<

9. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Funnily enough this particular off-topic is actually within the broader scope of the Announcements. That said, I think we've covered these things long enough for one thread.

Back on track guys.

10. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

"Can you see them selling minecraft skins?" : http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Skin#Xbox_360
    Yes. Scumbags.

No, we're not planning on adding that kind of thing into KAG. We don't doubt that it would be profitable, but the reason behind the deadline is also guaranteed to be profitable without the business model changing. Again, more on that as we're actually free to discuss it.

Ghozt, MooCowMan, SARGRA13 and 7 others like this.
  11. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

It would be the time to realise that you could still get free modifications and texture packs, but they would not be seen by others.
    Buying a cool hat from the store would also make it visible to other players, and that's where the point is.

It seems like something like this is not gonna happen, though.

12. TheFilip

Getting things that other people don't see is the same as not getting them at all.

13. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

YEY good for you devs on not being scumbags!!! :D
    now rope will it be a tie to tie mechanism or can i strangle people with it
    amazing idea..
    a rope attached to two bombs i throw it trips shit up then boom

14. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Yay .. no payment for hats and shiz :D

15. TheFilip

Devs, as long as you add stuff, i'm fine with it.
    But please, don't turn the game into a Pay-2-win.

Sirpixelot likes this.
  16. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

They aren't and have said many times, including in this thread if I'm not mistaken.

17. Antman

Antman Base Burner

And anyway, a hat isn't going to make you win.. so pay2win is irrelevant to this :p
    And we've already been asked to move away from this topic aswell :) <-- //Listen to the man!

18. Reactorcore

Reactorcore Shark Slayer

Not so fast.

This whole discussion got me thinking about funding games with infinite potential. There more you look at it, there more it makes sense for a game that would continue development for years to come. Now, if I remember right, there was word that the devs want to finish up with KAG, update a few things and start a new project soon, despite all the potential to be had with KAG, so perhaps a content store would be not relevant to KAG knowing all that.

But what about a game that would be serious about continuous growth? A game where you can generally keep making new content and never run out of new stuff you can introduce to it? For something like that, simple one-time sales may not be sustainable enough in the long run, or atleast not efficient regarding to the ratio of work and income put in to the project. WoW has a subscription based model for this, but its obvious that it sucks and is not flexible at all from the customers point of view, meanwhile a content store is much more effective and far more flexible when it comes to an infinite game.

19. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Reactorcore... Get off that topic.. please! The devs said get off it. D:
    </br>--- merged: Jul 17, 2012 7:45 PM ---</br>
    I wonder if you can make an awesome trap that includes ropes.. and a boulder.. :eek:
    Like in mario... those rocks with the faces that try to crush you in certian dungeons, ya know wut i mean?

Kinda like this

:no: = rope
    :castle_wall: = Boulder

:no:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :bridge::bridge::bridge:
    :QQ:

Soo.. in short by this illiustration, when an enemy runs under the bridge then it drops down and the boulder falls along with the rope crushing the enemy and hanging above the ground enough to stop enemies and to swing a bit maybe damaging ppl a little. :D

Antman likes this.
  20. Antman

Antman Base Burner

Seems pretty cool Sirpixelot ;)
    I like the look of them parachutes, I wonder if you could bomb jump and then hang glide like a baws :D