1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

A Mad Week, Deadline coping Plans.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jul 11, 2012.

1. SirSammy

SirSammy Shark Slayer

I see. We really can't say much except throw opinions without hard evidence around until one proves that the other is substantially better than the other with hard-facts. If you have experience in game-design, and always turn to your "design-bible" when deciding what do next, I honestly find it very unprofessional, rather than taking input from a variety of sources. No one in the game industry "sticks to their design only". Making a game is a collective process. That's why there's a Team/Community involved. A game is bound to fail if it doesn't ask for feedback and it only trusts the designers instinct.

2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I can guarantee 300% that it does not involve EA in any way.

I'm not going to enter into the design vs community sourced debate any further than to say this: We're both currently doing and planning on doing a mix of that. If we're rapidly iterating on designs, there's not all that much time to community-source stuff in the initial month or so anyway, but from then out, the game's growth would be largely community sourced. That allows us to nail the design and implementation down, and then allows those that like the game or want to explore some facet of it to do so (such as the community development in KAG around making better rapid deathmatch modes and maps).

3. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

80% of the posts in here are more or less Reactorcore vs KAG team, really annoying, personally, reactorcore needs to stop commenting, i think everyone is getting sick of it except for a few that MAY agree, i like the way the KAG team works, and Sirsammy is hitting the nail on the head constantly. Just let them work and and do things THEIR way, as it is THEIR game.
    Anyways....looking forward to the next patch, if Glorious Toast's post is correct, im very much looking forward to seeing what people can do. Editor powers for say, 20 seconds?(no bedrock) Awsome, sounds like a server will be a little crazy, but fun.
    Edit:
    You know what, excuse my rudeness, was quite angry at how much Reactorcores posts try to tear apart KAG development style piece by piece, which isn't needed.
    Like my friend says: "Got somthing to say? Let me see you do it better."
    And as for "i think everyone is..." my bad, im not the community alone.

4. SirSammy

SirSammy Shark Slayer

Workshops that allow you to change hats instantly *dibs*

5. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Workshops that fly at your enemies' base and explode into flowers. And zombies.

Gofio, Arcite and SirSammy like this.
  6. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Zombies that fly into flowers, and explode. Into bases.

Arcite and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  7. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Just a polite note to say:

While I'm glad the last few posts are bright & cheery, Imma going to lay out some heavy smackdown on the next cretin who posts something remotely flamey.

Okay, chaps/chappets?? :huh?:

8. Reactorcore

Reactorcore Shark Slayer

FuzzyBlueBaron, the Forum Dominatrix, talking about "laying down some heavy smackdown".

Sounds kinky. :D

Humor aside, I'd say the discussion came to an end and it was a good one. Despite interpreting my message a bit too offensively initially, you took the time and responded well, so I'm thankful and eager to see how you guys will evolve next. ;)

9. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Don't worry guys, minecrafters will still find a way to piss you off.

Like making fireworks shops. Spending hours making a shop that makes bomb explosions that do nothing except look pretty.

10. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

Or simply kill you for buying it.

11. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

We already have explosive lanterns on MOLE. :D

allknowingfrog and Gofio like this.