1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

About per entry changelogs

Discussion in 'Forum, wiki and other THD pages' started by JacKD, Jun 28, 2011.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
  1. JacKD

JacKD Guest

Hey there everyone,

I come with a question related to the changelogs per entry that exist in the english wiki. Do we really need them? Some entries have very little content, and the changelog is two times the size of the real content, for example http://kagwiki.com/wiki/Bomb (just to pick the most recent one) If we take that in a couple of weeks we have a changelog that big... how about in a year? Do we really want every entry to become a list of updates and modifications of itself when we already have the http://kagwiki.com/wiki/Version_history ?

I think that when some player goes to the wiki to learn something about X item/block whatever, they dont want to know if in build 3124 the item costed 50 when we already are at build 99234.

What do you think?

2. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

Yeah, I know. It doesn't look nice atm. But I think it could be really interesting for more experienced players who do not read through every little changelog line.
    The best solution would be to use spoiler-tags which would allow us to hide the changes and let the users decide to show it.
    Problem is: There is no such thing in the default mediawiki. So we would need the wiki admin to add an extension. Which shouldn't be too hard but I don't know if he checks this forum.

So he could try to fiddle with NavFrame but this is actually intended for dynamic navigation boxes. The easiest solution would be to use the this extension.

Edit: Ok, I tried to contact them admins (Hideous & Citricsquid) over their user-pages. Hope they read this soon.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97