1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

TDM [ACCEPTED] Sanctuary

Discussion in 'Accepted Maps' started by Cohen, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Cohen

Cohen Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni Tester

Map name: Sanctuary
    Gamemode: TDM
    Symmetrical: Y (with minor aesthetical changes)
    Special features:
    • There are two shafts at both sides for fast movement around the map.
    Map:
    deynarde_sanctuary.png

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    an_obamanation, Ni, Magmus and 8 others like this.
  2. Eluded

Eluded Haxor Official Server Admin

This map is really nice
    :thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Cohen likes this.
  3. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

Truly a masterpiece

Cohen likes this.
  4. ultimatumm

ultimatumm Catapult Fodder
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

That's an awesome map, but not for the archers ^^

Biurza likes this.
  5. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

What's the point of the flower and extra room on the bottom left as compared to the right? I feel like both sides should have this extra space @Cohen

6. Cohen

Those little rooms were created to allow players to recover from sliding into the void. Do you think it would work better with the same size and without the flower?

an_obamanation likes this.
  7. an_obamanation

I know why the pockets exist but I think they'd be better the same size (either the larger one on the left as the size for both, or the smaller one on the right as the size for both, your choice) and the flower kinda looks weird, so I think it'd be better without it.

EDIT: Also, would it be too much trouble to ask for some retracting spikes in the pockets? I just realized that knights would be able to camp there and all the other players that tried to kill them would likely fall into the pit.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  8. Cohen

Good point, I'll add the spikes.

9. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

one major thing makes the map suffer horribly: the fact its vertical. its unbalanced and the team at the top will usually win.
    wiecejraczka.png
    if you try travelling upwards using the marked part, you're in most cases going to get rekt and fall into void. the small 1x2 pocket doesnt help much; when falling at high speeds, its going to be hard to get there. the spike is going to make it even more annoying.

this map is a vertical, and a bit nicer version of eluded mansion, which i dont like.

10. an_obamanation

The map has enough pathways up for the people on bottom to where it's not horribly unbalanced (save for the side areas which you mentioned)

The spike is necessary for potential camping, would be quite easy to go there and crouch for anyone coming at you from high speeds or slash at people gliding down.

I'll talk to deynarde about increasing the size of the pockets in the discord. Otherwise though the maps completely fine from my point of view.

11. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

well, others disagree. many people were complaining about the map being unbalanced. You can't balance it, if a team has a height advantage it will always have a bigger % of victory. I know that it's supposed to be a different map, but it's no fun if one team is rekking the other. The pathways aren't really helping.

Fuzzle likes this.
  12. Cohen

bunnie, Fuzzle and an_obamanation like this.
  13. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Poor criticism. The marked part is meant for that and there are much easier routes for players at the bottom to go.
    The pathways do help because the middle ones are small enough where the height advantage is actually a negative (your speed is the start of gravity, not of a forward slash)