1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[accepted] t3rnary

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Tern, Dec 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Deleted a few posts not because they were bad (@startselect3 & @kedram, you both made some good points), but in an attempt to reduce the off-topic. I'll try to address all concerns here so we can leave this and get back to the matter of t3rnary being fit in the communities' eyes to admin or not.

I required explanation for the -1 because, quite simply, if there's a reason someone should be considered unfit for the position I want to know about it. We want the dirt on people if it's relevant to them being capable/incapable of carrying out the role of admin appropriately. So in that sense downvotes carry a lot more weight than upvotes and hence require a higher level of explanation. A +1 without explanation can generally be read as "nice person, don't know of any poor behaviour", which is helpful information; a -1 without explanation, otoh, can mean either "I dislike them" or "I dislike them, j/k", neither of which is particularly helpful bc neither gives us any concrete info (or even, at the very least, the concrete absence of [negative] info like the +1 does).

I apologise if I came across as a badmin, not my intent, but when dealing with the (reasonably weighty, I hope you'll agree) matter of handing out power and oversight of official servers, I can't afford to pussy-foot around potential black-marks against candidates' names. This has nothing to do with how I think of t3rnary, one way or the other, and everything to do with wanting --no, needing-- everything to be crystal clear re: whether he's a suitable candidate for the position.

Sir_Walter, norill, neil58 and 6 others like this.
  2. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

+1 for t3rney, really great guy, he shows maturity and responsibility and he deals with situations very well. (i said this in my last post but it got deleted)

3. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate it :)

4. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

+1 good listener

5. FoxyLady

FoxyLady Haxor Staff Alumni

Very active player and never seemed to have any trouble with him. He would make an excellent candidate for Admin status. He has my vote. +1

6. Juaro

Juaro Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Makes bacon look like broccoli.
    +1

7. DatNobby

DatNobby Haxor

+2 ÷ 2

8. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

+182÷2-90

9. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

+1
    He's a cool guy, seems quite level-headed, and has enough maturity to not get cocky with a good reputation.

10. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Another guy who has 2 accounts? I'm inclined to accept. Please first post here - CLICK!

PUNK123, Tern and Yagger like this.
  11. Tern

Tern Quickfish Donator Official Server Admin
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

@Furai It seems that you have given me admin and forgotten to lock this thread.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
    Dargona1018 likes this.
  12. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Yeah. Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.