1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[accepted] TheDirtySwine

Discussion in 'Archive' started by TheDirtySwine, Jul 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

How did I know you would use this against me... You failed to screenshot the rest of the conversation. Pyxis had earlier vote kicked me without reason. Why would I want to even associate myself with him?

2. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

I truly don't understand what you're meaning by the inactive mumble players.
    Maybe these other two are affiliated with it or something, but I don't think Punk ever goes into Mumble and the last time I did was back in the days of Gather.

Should I take it as an insult or. . ?
    I am being completely honest, not a jab at you.

PUNK123 likes this.
  3. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

the rest of the conversation is you saying that he votekicked you earlier. And if youre talking about what i think you are, its because you spike dropped him during build time.

4. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

[​IMG]
    I know for a fact im not making false accusations against you. You admitted to everything i brought up and now all you are doing is playing the only card left in your deck.

startselect3 and Galen like this.
  5. suspect

suspect Catapult Fodder

o i'm laffin ::D:::D:::D:::D:::D:::D:::D:::D:::D:::D:::D:

TheDirtySwine likes this.
  6. Dargona1018

Another thing to note, Swine just went into two other Application threads, one of which I commented on and one for CowboyDan.
    Swine-Darg.PNG

Swine-Dan.PNG

Before Swine goes on and says that I am on a personal crusade to get him to not get admin, as I'm sure that was his next move, I am only informing Furai or whoever else is judging him on the going-ons in this thread, while these two comments might have slipped by.

icemusher and startselect3 like this.
  7. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

To many people contesting weather or not he should be an admin for official serves. Probably should be locked and decided.

8. TheDirtySwine

You also failed to show my comment in Darknighte9's application. I gave my honest opinion, just like you have all given yours.

I did find your comment on that EU players application absolutely hilarious. You basically said you had no clue who he was, so he deserved a +1.

Go ahead and lock this thread. Make a decision. I hope you at least consider both sides of the story. I might not seem fit for the position now, but I can assure you that I will be later, when half of the vets have moved on to better games.

I've played among the best clans in this game, I've even led my own. I know how to be a leader and make critical decisions.

There is no doubt in my mind that I would handle situations efficiently and effectively as possible. If you want to hear people's opinions of me that are too afraid to speak up in this thread please pm me.

It's really sad to see everyone jump on the hate swine bandwagon, but I'm glad that I got to see how players really feel.

9. Dargona1018

I didn't comment on Darknighte's, so I didn't get an alert.

I commented on it because I read through the application and thought that it sounded sorta good. Wanted to get a comment on so at least someone who knows this guy would see it instead of being buried in the other applications that just sprouted up.

Just so you know, I am not doing a personal attack on you. I remember you being a really cool guy back when I hung out with you, but I didn't want that to let my good memories with you cloud my judgement on you as an admin, or at least things to point out to whoever is judging you for the position.

icemusher likes this.
  10. TheDirtySwine

IMHO I wish that I could be tested as an admin to show you guys I really care about helping this community grow. I dropped $1400 on a new computer just so I could get into recording and playing higher quality games. I also donated to THD so that I could stand out from all the other kag videos and brand myself. People know the good side to me, but with past experiences I can see why it'd sound like a bad idea to give me admin. With the lack of applicants is it really that hard to give me a chance and take it away if it's necessary?

Dargona1018 likes this.
  11. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

+1

Swine is dedicated to this game. That means a lot. Why are we opening up the applications again? because the old admins are not playing and servers are going unprotected. Swine has had a rough past but who hasn't? The question is, will the Swine of the past be the Swine of the future? I think it won't and hasn't for some time, you can site times where he's lost his cool, but that was a swine just playing kag, it can be frustrating and people vent. I feel if he were to get admin he would be an active member that would not abuse his position in anyway and do the job of an admin well. People are caught up in his past behaviour that they won't see how good he can be.

DatNobby and TheDirtySwine like this.
  12. My last reply didn't list anything so I've decided to list my reasoning.

With all my time speaking to Swine in game I've always had a bad experience, he was either playing the game minding his own business, talking shit to someone, or just flat out flaming players.
    Do you really want someone who has an infamous reputation of being an asshole to players? Admins are the face of KAG, when you glance at KAG one of the first things you will take note of is the admins. Having an admin previously recognized in such a way as Swine is just not what you want. Sure he's had his friendly moments and I'm sure he's a friendly person, but just not admin material.
    I agree with Verz this thread is just full of arguments that are unnecessary.
    Swine I have a certain respect for you pal but I hope you can respect my opinion. -1

Yagger, PUNK123, startselect3 and 2 others like this.
  13. rymcd

rymcd Bison Rider Staff Alumni Tester

I like DirtySwine, he's a skilled and enthusiastic KAG player. I think he's another good person in the community that helps keep the game interesting for others. He's played a large role in the constant changing meta of KAG and I hope he continues to do so. I've hung out with him plenty of times and it's always been good times. He's generally a nice person that just likes to joke around a lot at times.

I'm not worried about you doing the basics of this position but there's a few situations I worry you'd struggle with. I don't think it's because you're any less of a good person but it might just not be something your into. If that was the outcome eventually it'd be unfair that you got an admin position over someone that's going to respect what's important about it always.

You have to follow the specific rules, reporting all bans otherwise you can really find yourself in a shit show if someone decides to appeal for it.

You also have to not let people strike a nerve with you and trust me they will try. Once people get upset the bad choices follow with it.

You have to be more serious when in game, a lot of the things you find humorous to do sometimes won't be an option. For example spike dropping your buddies seems like innocent fun but when you're an official admin it's not something you do. Players on the server think it's okay all of a sudden to follow suit and don't understand you're just dicking around with buddies.

You have to ignore peer pressure to be a badmin from friends. Trust me this shit happens all the time and your buddies don't care because it's not them taking a risk. I've seen plenty of people talked into doing stuff like this on private servers and even a few times on official.

Also you have to make sure you don't degrade into a badmin overtime which seems to happen to a lot of people as well. I don't even mean getting in active, a lot of people just start to not give a shit about being admin anymore. They don't throw in the towel when they really should. It's like they'd rather just fuck around with the position time to time until they get caught. At which point why would they would they even care anymore.

I'm not trying to say this is what I expect from you completely. I just worry you might find yourself in some of these positions time to time. Which like I said doesn't make you any less of a good person or anything. However I do think there's people that are just naturally fit for this because they don't get upset or pressured into things normally. Also they don't joke at others expense and generally don't have problems with following rules that are inconvenient at times. I really hope this doesn't feel like an attack or anything. It just might be why you're having trouble with positive feedback from some people here. It's a shame most people would rather troll you then give you a legit reason but it is the internet after all.

Lol I screwed up some lines, should be more readable now. ;)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  14. TheDirtySwine

Thank you for taking the time to write a well thought out post. It didn't come across as an attack at all and I really appreciate your feedback.

15. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

He acts out on emotions too much, he won't help the team win because "hes an asshole" I wouldn't be surprised if he banned people for the same reason
    Um, how about you show the rest of the screenshot?

16. finleymars

finleymars Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni

I was planning on writing up a bit of an essay, but it seems Jiggy has beat me to it...

In mumble swine has come across as a carefree guy who really just enjoys messing around with other players. No matter how many pranks he pulls you can tell he does not mean to hurt any feelings or start legitimate arguments. The only problem is that without the direct voice connection, the pranks come across as way more serious than they are intended. Text just does not convey intentions as well as voice does, and a lot of the time swine messes with people who have no access to the voice chat.

In the past I have noticed swine become aggravated at the progression of a game, or the actions of a specific player, and start what dual previously called "flaming". I see this as a very negative characteristic for someone in power to have.

The negative comments throughout this thread are exactly what I was going to mirror. I was thinking of all the times swine has started arguments, gotten people angry, ruined a game for someone, or just goofed around a little too much. I was going to point at his past self as complete evidence that he would be a totally aggravating and unfit admin.

but then I thought. I used to get very annoyed at King Arthur's Gold. I was learning the ropes and every little failure pushed me over the edge. I never started intense arguments in chat, but that is just not the way I vented my frustration. I cannot be entirely sure of myself when I say that swine may have just as easily changed, but I am confident enough to write it on this thread holding whatever weight it holds.

Im not going to do more than spot check this little input, so proofreading is limited. If the above is not especially clear then I just want to say that swine, in my experience, was often a total shitter. He used to get angry or appear to be so and then ruin everyone elses fun. But people can change, and if swine is like anyone else, the responsibility of admin will catalyze his change even further.

EDIT: a few good points have been brought up that I had not thought of before, so for now +0

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  17. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

Hitler joked around a little too much, and look how that all ended....

Oh yeah to sum up what you said "hes a shitter but doesn't always mean to be, +1" that's not really a good argument in my opinion.

18. finleymars

I feel as though that is an incorrect summary of atleast what I meant to say. "He used to act like a bit of a shitter but I believe he has changed" is more of what I had in mind.

Im not sure if referencing old admins' acceptances is a correct response, but I will give it anyway until told not to.

Makmoud98 was shot down for his past jokes and things when applying for admin, but the community realized his improvement as member and he received admin privileges. I believe the same outlook should be taken with Swine. Leave behind personal bias and give honest evidence towards how he will act in the future. Although past actions are of course relevant it is good to believe in peoples' ability to change.

DatNobby and TheDirtySwine like this.
  19. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Difference between past jokes of makmoud and what has actually transpired with swine. Makmoud was a very good admin on lk before he even got official admin while swine has false votekicked players and "justified" his reason for doing so. There is no honest evidence towards how he will act in the future. He is carefree in mumble, fine good for him, how would that translate to being a good admin? He had admin at a young age, with MOLE and fucked up,and had admin on Hierbo's during his "shitter phase". I honestly question those as experience for admin.

Dropping all bias i have against swine is like telling me to forget about all the past evidence i have of him. This isnt personal or i wouldve brought up sketchy things that have nothing to do with him being admin(like he tried to do with ej). It is great that he dedicated to the game and actively plays it, but that shouldnt be the only deciding factor for admin. People who are dedicated do lose interest and that is why character is the most important thing to consider. Alot of people see his character differently than mumblers(because he has acted differently ingame and on the forum).

tl;dr: I dont feel we should just give him admin and hope for the best.​

20. finleymars

Fair enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.