1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

TDM [ACCEPTED] Virgo

Discussion in 'Accepted Maps' started by 8x, Sep 1, 2017.

1. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Map name: Virgo
    Gamemode:TDM
    Symmetrical:
    Y
    Special features:
    - Not much to say in here, a regular TDM map, with couple of dispensers and chests, 2 or 3 levels of fight, small columns to promote wall-leaps for knights, water pits for up-boost and forgiving downjumping power slashes, and no cheap shotlines all over the place
    Map: 8x_Virgo.png
    Map name: 8x_Virgo.png
    Account names means actual account name. Not your customized nickname. (:>)

Posts that don't follow this template will be deleted.

butterscotch and bunnie like this.
  2. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Why do you want the bottom all marshy?

3. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

For diversity and eyecandy, 1 tile of water doesn't affect the movement.

4. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I'm fairly sure 1 tile of water does prevent knights from shield-sliding.

PUNK123 likes this.
  5. 8x

Haven't tested to shield-surf. If you're right I will tweak it, that's not what I wanted.

Edit_
    Just tested. If it afects it, it's barely noticeable.

6. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

From my tests, it doesn't make a difference if you surf by shielding down and holding jump+direction.

But if you try to spam jump/time the jumps to surf faster (which is the way most skilled players do), you randomly get slowed down in (with this animation):
    screen-17-10-16-12-12-41.png
    And if you try to shield bash an enemy, but you get this animation as you contact them, it does nothing to them.

I'd record a video, but I don't have any recording software right now.

7. 8x

Fair enough, I'll tweak it.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 16, 2017, Original Post Date: Oct 16, 2017 ---
    oriste

Attached Files:

8. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

I really enjoyed playing this map.
    Tho I think there are a few thing that could be changed.
    The middle of the map is a bit empty, I would want to see something like on this map (The upper mid bridge part). You can also come up with something yourself, I just want any kind of platform.
    [​IMG]
    Also there should be a bit more cover, thats why I would suggest some platforms or anything else around here.
    [​IMG]
    That would mean tho that you have to remove the 2 stone doors and the bedrock under those in the water, so if you fall down you will die in the void.
    Thats everything I've noticed for now.

/Edit ~ Niiiiii
    I would suggest you to at least change up the mid a bit, however I would like to have this map in the official mapcyce!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  9. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Is the map good enough for official in its current state?

10. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

Since you didn't reply, I'll be going to accept the map for now.
    Tho as said above, I'd like to see a bit of improvement to mid.
    However thats not a resson for this map not to be accepted.
    With other words, Accepted for now and feel free to send me an improved version of it!