1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Accounts

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Furai, Jun 13, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

So, I've got question about accounts. I've made few - I've registered:
    1. Here, these forums.[/*]
    2. kag2d.com[/*]
    3. getsatisfaction[/*]

Don't you think that it's kinda too many account like for this little game? If I'd like to comment anything at Tumblr I'll have to make an account there. And as for that kag2d.com it ask me to register at disqus...wth?

So here's my question - does in the future accounts system will be unified? I believe that accounts ant kag2d.com will be used as auth, right?

2. poe

poe Shopkeep Stealer

You can post as a guest with Disqus, GetSatisfaction can't be unified either.
    The reason the forums and website have different accounts are that it would lead to forum accounts unused just because they are for the game or vice versa in some cases.

If you can think of anything though I would love to hear it.

3. bilbs

bilbs Guest

I'm able to post on the tumblr and getsatisfation without additional accounts (getsatisfaction allows google login i guess?)

So I only have the forum and game, which doesn't bother me too much.

I usually find the poorly setup free-MMO conveyor belt companies have giant linked sources of accounts that get quite annoying. I'll try to play a 'new' game 3 years later, find out I already have an account through some obscure like, can't login, then just get frustrated and leave.

4. Furai

Kinda off-topic - on page kag2d.com I'm no longer able to look up running servers. I used it to check if my server was up...

5. poe

poe Shopkeep Stealer

It was a probably issue of the main server crashing, though it will be back eventually.

6. Furai

7. DorkeyDear

DorkeyDear Shipwright

I too find it annoying needing many accounts.

@poe "The reason the forums and website have different accounts are that it would lead to forum accounts unused just because they are for the game or vice versa in some cases.":
    I don't feel as though unused accounts is a big deal in the slightest bit. I'm sure it wouldn't take any considerable amount of memory. The most annoying part I can think of off-hand is just a list of accounts having many inactive members, which a simple filter & "inactive detection" could fix.

8. poe

poe Shopkeep Stealer

That's a good point, further down the line this may change however as it is not currently required to have a main website account, and you can still rate servers and players without one it should be fine.

If I could I would spend the 200$ a month it costs to make it so people are auto logged into get satisfaction with their website account but alas I don't have that much to spend each month.

Mods: BlueLuigi