1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Ace of Spades General

Discussion in 'Other games' started by saniblues, Aug 11, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

illu and Razi like this.
  2. t0rchic

t0rchic Drill Rusher

3. saniblues

I'm pretty pro I know

No need to thank me cash will work

4. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Guest

I caught onto this game during it's .25 stages I think. I really enjoyed its basic mechanics of just the block placement and the accurate sniper was just awesome.

I've basically stopped playing after the addition of autoclimb, and all of the new weapons. I'm quite disappointed with how Ben has been handling the game's development :/

Despite the fact that I probably won't play AoS as much as I used to, I love how the early builds were, and really inspired me to come up with a similar multiplayer game, which gives the player a basic mechanic, but numerous combat outcomes.

The state of the community just makes me cringe too :/ . A bunch of migrated minecrafters (most of them being griefers). Griefing is a helluva problem too.

5. poe

poe Shopkeep Stealer

Played it and then stopped after no new content for a while. I'll join back in when the content builds up ;)

6. saniblues

Tonight I got a few games together with some members of the gg2 forum. I had to leave early, but I hear they had fun.

7. dwatring

dwatring KAG Guard Tester

Downloaded, played, quit. I don't really like that game. Not sure why, though.

8. saniblues

Which one?

9. Gumball135

Gumball135 Guest

Shotgun has been introduced in the latest version. Didn't really get the opportunity to try it out on the server I went to, though, because it didn't have much cover and rifles dominated. I'm sure it's great at close-quarters combat and all, but you have to wonder how often you get the chance to use it in that sort of in-your-face situation. I suppose it's necessary to pick your fights carefully, and stick to tunnels and other constricted areas.

While I'm at it: what are your name tags? Mine's "Gum". Might see ye around in-game sometime.

10. unwoundpath

unwoundpath Arsonist

I get errors, I would like to play this again, (I played way back in version .22) But whenever I go to connect with a server, in firefox OR with spadille I get the error "server connection failed: It's either full or misconfigured" This happens with Norton 360 on or off, day or night, on any server no matter how full.

11. saniblues

Try refreshing the lobby, there's a good chance that it actually is full.

Or re-install it, you need to manually update it to .58, if I'm not mistaken.

12. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I played the early builds like crazy. This was actually the igniting spark for me to start making KAG.
    Later, I don't know, I just can't seem to get into it anymore. I have this general sense of lack of purpose whenever I play it. Something is missing. I'd really like this game to be awesome and bigger than Minecraft!

What do you say we use our genius minds to help Ben and come up with some brilliant ideas and suggestions how to make AoS better?

13. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

He still hasn't put in artillery... Till then I think it's gonna be a throw selves at enemy base and hope for best

14. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

@MM: I feel the same you do. I though still enjoy playing it, but not just as much as the early builds.

Hopefully Ben will focus on game features now that there are three weapons.

15. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

I think I'm gonna check it out today. Can we have a KAG'er meeting?

16. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Guest

I don't find the combat as captivating anymore. In the original builds it felt like pure sharpshooter v sharpshooter combat.
    I think one reason why development has been stumbling lately is because of the community. I think the game has a pretty terrible community :P There are certainly a lot of migrated Minecrafters and COD crowders, and the community general is pleased with everything that happens in the game >_>

17. FinDude

FinDude KAG Guard Tester

The reason that the game isn't fun to play anymore for me is that it's a total crapshoot to find yourself a low ping server, and even then, chances are they're playing a retarded map.

18. Gumball135

Gumball135 Guest

This game is even more prone to vote-kick abuse than KAG. I've been kicked out of 2 servers in the last 2 days simply because I'm pretty accurate with the rifle. I was asking for it the second time, I suppose, seeing as I went onto a /v/ server. Ah well.
    I wouldn't mind having a meet-up on one of the servers, but I won't be around today or tomorrow.

@FinDude: I find that servers are usually using the default map (my favourite) unless it says otherwise in their title; these are in the minority, though, unfortunately. What I mean is that they'll say which custom map they're using if they are using a custom map at all.

19. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Hahaha what game do we know that that sounds like?

20. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Ooh Ooh! I know! :D

Mods: BlueLuigi