1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Ace of Spades General

Discussion in 'Other games' started by saniblues, Aug 11, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Guest

Minecraft community? :O

I've found that no-one actually plays on the original map (the one I liked the most). As in, servers do have them, but no-one ever goes on those servers.

I think the game needs a lot more rounding, smoothing out some kinks and adding basic but effective features. This is where I see a likeable difference between AoS and KAG.

2. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Agreed.

3. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I've thought about it and it's hard!
    I think the problem is with the guns. Adding new ones doesn't do anything. I think Ben should decide whether they are only sharpshooters (WW1) or machineguns with no 1HK rifles (WW2; possibly with physics so its not so easy to kill at distance).
    Also I would try a very flat map, so it is necessary to build trenches and fortifications.

4. HODOR

HODOR Guest

Pinpoint? xD

5. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Guest

I, personally, dislike the flat maps. Any kind of fortification put up on flat maps goes all to hell very quickly. I like how interesting the rolling hills can be in the normal generator, but after a few hours the maps turn to cheese, a few mountains have been leveled, and the map is more porous than graphite. I hate pinpoint :<

I don't particularily like the new weapon additions. CQB is too rare to necessitate a weapon(s) especially for it. I would be happy if the only weapons in the game were the rifle, but with bullet gravity or wind thrown into the mix (like you mentioned, MM), and either stationary machine guns or artillery.

I also think the pick needs to be removed, the spade should be capable of both digging types, making the item menu less cluttered.

6. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

So am I the only person who thinks the quality of this game is really low? I mean from the video and the picture (Sani's) it makes me want to throw up at the lack of other colours....

7. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

You don't appreciate simplismnes

8. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

I prefer a multitude of colours other than garish yellow.

9. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

Have to agree with you, Eggnogg, Monsteri and MM: The first versions of KAG were totally overkill. I was really flashed of my first hours playing the game. Simply one gun, a generated undulating landscape and two enemies fighting against each other. It was so simple and yet so refreshing. And still it felt so war-like. Back then buildings actually ment something. You were kind of amazed when you saw a "big" tower or something because there was no mapeditor and whatsoever. You cared about every step you made on some high up building/hill because it took you some time to climb up there. Blues were the tunneling rats and green the builder team simply because of the way the map was generated.

Now, most of this is gone. Many maps are some spastic strange mirrored maps with too much random colors. The "realistic" maps (islands, hills, cities, ...) are nice but people don't seem to focus on the intel anymore. Also it's full of griefers and kiddies.
    What I also don't like are pyspades servers. Yes, this might sound strange; I know pyspades did introduce many many new features and helpful commands especially for serveradmins. I also appreciate all the hard work reverse-engineering the whole protocol and the server. But atm I don't like to join a server and be spammed by tons of features I don't know about. More than 80% of the servers are using pyspades (according to Spadille) and on any of them there could be some different parameters changing the overall gameplay. I don't like to write "/help" everytime I joining to find out what's special at this certain server. It's like Soldat's scripted WM-servers: they are ok and fun for some time. But after all you want to to play the original vanille game. Sometimes inside the game I don't even know if some feature is default or added by pyspades.

As for the shotgun: I haven't played enough to assess it. With the server-side hit detection/verification it's quite hard to make up my mind if I like the new weapon.

As for the suggestions:
    - make the players focus on the intel; make them want to capture it; give the winners (not to strong, temporary) rewards for the next round if they do; make the losing team feel sad and angry if they have lost
    - add playeraccounts like KAG did it;
    - add a proper menu (I hate it when I accidently press ESC)
    - add a proper chat; which has some transparent background so you can see it even when you aim in the sky; which only shows the last 5-6 lines but opens a big chatbox when you press the chat-key; which logs all the chat in one txt file

These are the basics which I much more prefer than new weapons.

10. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

Downloading this now im a master of bunker building

11. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

I'm playing it right as i'm speaking.. well, as a program running anyway, need to switch back to see whats going on (really hope they bring in a windowed mode soon)

12. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

Me and neat dominate this game come on our irc if you want to play with us

13. dwatring

dwatring KAG Guard Tester

I'll play in a little bit. :)

14. Tsukurimashou

Tsukurimashou Shipwright

I love that game :q

15. NEMS

NEMS Arsonist

Fun game!

16. laurentiu

laurentiu Ballista Bolt Thrower

Game is interesting but the blurry graphics really annoys me, alot...

17. Neat

Uhh.. I thought you were the guy who plays neverdaunt 8 bit? O.o

18. laurentiu

I do but thats fucking ugly and weird, its like I have dust in my eyes, and I am drunk, and I havent slept for 1 year...Seriously, thats not pixelate graphics, thats defect graphics...

19. Neat

... Okay, i'm not really seeing why that's a problem. The graphics aren't that ugly, and the game is fun despite the graphics. Would you give it more of a chance?

20. laurentiu

Now that somebody saved my life and gave me a gift code for minecraft I no longer play anything else, besides KAG and minecraft. <3

Mods: BlueLuigi