1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Ace of Spades General

Discussion in 'Other games' started by saniblues, Aug 11, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Nanners

Nanners Catapult Fodder

Ace of Spades is currently up to .75 and the updates were spectator mode, dragon blocks and re spawn time logic.

The whole game of Ace of Spades is defined by most players as when Team fortress 2 and Minecraft meet to make an epic game but just lacks on the graphics but make that not sway your opinions of going to play the game as most people do tend to enjoy the game as they first play it.

Ace of Spades currently has the Shotgun, Semi-machine gun and Rifle or as they call it "Semi". Each player has there own strategy whether it be stay back and use the Rifle to rack up a large kill streak to unlock a airstrike depending on the current server you are playing on or you can run and gun with the Sub-machine gun and gain a few kills but not as much as those campers we all know and hate [​IMG] whereas on some smaller maps made by the famous mapper "Dany0" who makes small maps which are very fun to play, people are always using shotguns and it is just complete and utter mayhem!.

If you like the game then be sure to register on the forums and come on to the IRC which can be accessed here: webchat.quakenet.org.
    Type in #AoS in the channel bar to join the Ace of Spades channel.

Overall I would give this game a 7/10 because this is truly an epic game but it lacks in graphics but nevertheless it is truly epic ad would recommend it to anyone who likes Team fortress 2 and Minecraft - Writen by me and my friend on our gaming forums at :www.Gamerunit.freeforums.org

GloriousToast and Wonkyth like this.
  2. synthesispandabot

synthesispandabot Bison Rider

So uhh... no one likes my sniper rifle..?
    I spent like 2 hours on that thing

:C

3. Rocinante

Rocinante Ballista Bolt Thrower

Anyone remember Ace of Spades? I stopped playing but the old players have set up BuildAndShoot.com in defiance of Jagex and are currently developing a reworked version of the old Ace of Spades. The last update before the Jagex buy-out (version .75) is also available for download and a working server list is provided.

4. xChapx

xChapx Ballista Bolt Thrower

jagex ruined the game :T

inactive_account likes this.
  5. arcanecat

arcanecat Shark Slayer

I remember Ace of Spades, all never play it again, plus there's too much evidence Jagex wanted to ignore the Community.

6. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

Much like Minecraft, Ace of Spades was a great idea with a weak execution. I never played the latest build, but the ones I played gave me a headache. The movement was far too jerky. The Jagex trailer looks like some of that might have been improved. Still no native Linux support though.

7. UltraMarine_Val

UltraMarine_Val Bison Rider
    1. FUN Servers

Ace of Spade is a TeamFortress II and Minecraft, because commando cane use a rocket for jump

Micro catling incoming

8. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

Was released a few days ago; but Jagex's version looks bull.

Go to BuildAndShoot.com if you want the good old version

Noburu and Beef like this.
  9. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

Jagex? That gamestudio made crap called 'Runescape' ?

10. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

*Nods Head*

11. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Lol only now you hear of it. Jagex is full of shit.

12. Worm

Call of Liberty Arena 24/7 <- possibly best server. Great maps and good gamemode :thumbs_up:

13. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Rocket Jumping has been around since LONG before TF2, my friend. :P

Noburu likes this.
  14. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

QUAKE NIGGAZ

15. NEMS

NEMS Arsonist

16. Worm

[​IMG]

So I was playing at nice server - No random griefers, no ragers and good cooperation. As above, I made it with guy that was undercover admin(derp). It took half hour, and when blue attack begun, we did defend this fort very well :P
    It has on it intel (seen to highest most to right part) and tent in it.

That's why I feel like ol' good AoS is better than Jagex shit.

17. fiddy

fiddy Bison Rider

Is it worth paying 7 bucks to have it ? I'm so unsure....

18. Worm

NO.

Noburu and Beef like this.
  19. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Jagex version does not look that appealing anymore, it seems to lack the strategic element of very lethal weapons, rendering proper cover building and planning moot.

20. Marijuana

Marijuana Shipwright

I don't really approve of the Steam release, maybe it's gotten better since I last played. I still have my doubts but I'm going in again...

Mods: BlueLuigi