1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Action [!] CTF and Rapid CTF servers

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by Noburu, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: jackitch
  1. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

Squeezing is not allowed.Clear and simple.You get warned and if you continue you get kicked.
    Also if defeat is certain then just lose cause it doesnt count as a win if you vote to next map.

2. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

yeah no problem, I wanted to make some other edits, so put it in the dropbox ;P
    gonna add a [!] sig,n, fix the top(you can just dig across with a 1 one kinda thing atm) and fix your error on the hill thing, it collapses :C

3. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

First off if you mouth off and curse at the admins they are going to kick you. You were only kicked, not banned. Its 30 minutes default when kicking from the menu. We dont perma ban anyone except hackers. The freeze command unfortunately freezes everyone at the cursor. If everyone is all bunched up it is unavoidable. The map vote thing is quite honestly annoying as hell when people are putting up votes every 2 minutes. I have also upped the percentage to pass a vote.

Also chill out. With an attitude like that we dont want you here playing on our servers anyway. That said you arent/wont be banned and if you can cool your jets you can come play with us again.

EDIT: Also theres not much that can be done about teams being unbalanced until MM and Geti add an option to scramble teams after every map. The server itself auto assigns teams.

No problem, Ive settled down a bit and gave this build a good testing last night. Aside from knight combat its not too bad now.

Yes the squeezing is a clear exploit and hopefully MM will patch it out this week. Sure it might happen on accident once in a while, but by and large you are trying to do it if you do it.

Haha I forgot about adding dirt wall to it. How about you just edit it like you want and re-up it and I will update it.

AJ likes this.
  4. amuffinattack

amuffinattack Bison Rider

When to comes to squeezing i only really freeze/warn people when i see them actually continually walking into a space to squeeze, in this build sometimes it just happens. If you're slashing up and something that doesn't look like you're trying i just say "Don't do that, its against this servers rules"

Noburu likes this.
  5. Noburu

Okay I updated the configs for the Unlimited server and they will be applied on the next restart. Mapvotes now require 65% to pass (up from 50%) and voting is 3 minutes long (up from 1 minute).

Mapvote are legit sometimes, but if we keep having problems I will up the voting time by a huge amount and make voting almost useless.

Also the admins have been informed to kick people who repeatedly do mapvotes.

EDIT: Just restarted the Rapid server since it was auto disconnecting anyone who joins.

6. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I have created this... The Action! Tower. (tons of gold since it's useless now 8D)

And an edit of my other map, which I now name Action! Cove.

For Unlimited of course.

Attached Files:

Noburu likes this.
  7. amuffinattack

amuffinattack Bison Rider

The unlimited is doing the respawn disconnect thing again, super gaay : /

8. Noburu

If the server starts acting up too bad restart it if you have to. Not much I can do about it otherwise. Crazy things like this are happening with both servers since the update.
    Good deal will add these in tomorrow morning. Just checking things out real fast before bed. I will also PM Luigi the HGS server control panel log in so that he can restart the server outside the game if it does the whole cant connect at all thing.

EDIT: Well apparently the forums are messing up for me and I cant make a new thread or conversation as there is no box to type in. Going to bed now and will work on it in the morning.

9. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

EDIT: Well apparently the forums are messing up for me and I cant make a new thread or conversation as there is no box to type in. Going to bed now and will work on it in the morning.[/quote]

Trying going to your preferences and see if "Use the rich text editor to create and edit messages" is unchecked. If it is, check it, it should fix your problems

10. Noburu

Trying going to your preferences and see if "Use the rich text editor to create and edit messages" is unchecked. If it is, check it, it should fix your problems[/quote]
    Yeah im doing that now. I got logged out on my desktop and I am locked out of the forums now aside from my laptop which is still logged in. Editing the OP to note I might not be around as much until it gets fixed and also for you all to hit my up in IRC (using the link in my sig is an easy way) and let me know if the server does the disconnect on connect thing so I can restart it.

EDIT: wow lol forums are dying its not even replying right.

EDIT2:
    Finally played your tower of power today and noticed you borked it. You had both spawns set to blue :D I fixed it for you.

Attached Files:

11. Vattic

Vattic Shopkeep Stealer

I'm trying to join but it says I'm banned. I haven't knowingly done anything wrong. Did play the second half of a round earlier but had to quit shortly into the second when I noticed the time.

12. Noburu

Hmm any of you admins have anything to do with it? Server may still be banning people automagically for some reason like last builds. Server will have to be restarted soon anyway as it will start its disconnect on join bullshit again.

13. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Probably a server hiccup or some shit, if I manage to get on I'll restart it.

Noburu likes this.
  14. Vattic

Vattic Shopkeep Stealer

Cool. I figured it must be something like that. Look forward to playing again soon.

15. Noburu

Updated the map cycle. Added some maps and took some out. Also will be lowering the maptime to 45 mins. Let me know what maps you like/dont like. If you dont like a map please tell me why.

16. Huper

Huper Shipwright

I've been banned from Action [!] CTF Unlimited Respawns. Unless it was done "automagically".
    I got frozen yesterday for squeezing-probably on this server. Until then I didn't know what freezing was and I still don't know what squeezing is (besides guessing the obvious)- it's my third or fourth day of KAG and I am just trying to do what I see other people do. If I was banned deliberately, I hope you'll reconsider. I have tons of fun there.

Huper

17. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Okay, will restart it when I get a chance but here's a little info as well:
    Freezing - red circle around you is a way for an admin or guard to keep you still when you've caused trouble, so thatyou cannot cause anymore

Squeezing - Is when you fit your character through a 1 tile wide block, that they are not supposed to fit through, this is a glitch. While it may be unintuitive for new characters to know this is wrong, it's against the rules because it really makes everything too easy to get through, you can negate any tower about half as easily, dig tunnels about 3 times as fast (and one way at that!) and more.

18. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

Im banned on unlimited.

19. Huper

Huper Shipwright

Thanks!

20. Noburu

AJ man where do you live? The server autobans you all the time you hacker :D Do you use wireless internet or something?

Also I am going to be adding a "NO SQUEEZING through one wide gaps/tunnels" to the server info and maybe NO SQUEEZING to the Server name. As Luigi has already stated, squeezing can completely ruin the game and we want to keep things as fair as possible.

Also people that complain all of us [!] end up on the same team, we dont always and its the server that autoteams us so there is nothing I can do about it. What YOU all can do is bug the devs to give us server owners a SCRAMBLE TEAMS option that we can enable that automatically scrambles the teams after every map. Ive been pushing for this for going on two months because it ruins games just as bad as squeezing.

Mods: jackitch
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.