1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Action [!] CTF and Rapid CTF servers

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by Noburu, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: jackitch
  1. Baron_Norab

Baron_Norab KAG Guard Tester

I know, don't worry too much about. Good luck fixing your game! :P

2. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Trying to figure out how to choose a different font ingame and see if that fixes it, anyone know how to?

3. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

those are probably the same people that were whining about catapults which resulted in ACTF trading decent maps for shitty gimmick maps

Noburu likes this.
  4. Noburu

Update second reinstall seems somewhat to have helped the glitching/space between tiles, still working on how to fix ingame font.

5. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

IIRC it is referenced in the files, but I don't know which, you could look through your font folder to see the look of it and then search for references.

6. Noburu

Glitching is just as bad as before now, it depends on the size of the map Im in I think. I managed to change every font in the game BUT the chat box.

Byebye KAG for now I guess.

7. Baron_Norab

Fuck'em then, I don't care. More people like the unlimited stuff than dislike it. I brought it up as a suggestion to please a vocal minority, I guess. Herp-a-derp on me. :p

:(

8. I think 200-300 lives per team would be ok.

9. amuffinattack

amuffinattack Bison Rider

I like the unlimited. Games may take a while but you get to build huge defenses and it feels good to win a long hard fought battle. I've been reading this thread and i don't have a problem with any of the issues people are talking about o.O I like it the way it is. But i do think more maps would be nice, a am going to mess around and see if ii can't make some just for the lawls, if i feel i make a decent one i will submit it. Though i can't seem to figure out how to resize it.

10. bills6693

bills6693 Shopkeep Stealer

Yeah, Action! was always busy, those who didn't like the settings could join a game with settings they liked. Unlimited is good in my mind, if you don't like it then play on a server with limited lives. As per catapults - yes they did have a few issues, but really just making the maps longer would have solved it IMHO

11. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

I fin it ironic for them to complain about game length when catapults are a mechanic designed to shorten game length. way to go whiners

12. Noburu

There are very few unlimited lives servers, and tons of default setting servers so you can always go play another server if you dont like mine :D

Depending on how the next build or two turn out I might not have servers anyway if the game wont run worth a damn anymore on my laptop.

13. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

:(

14. amuffinattack

amuffinattack Bison Rider

Did you try a windows restore? Worked for some other games for me when i was having new random issues.

15. Domhnall

Domhnall Shipwright

Hello my in game name is Domhnall and it appears I was permanently banned from your smaller server. Being a community manager myself, I can swear that I know for a fact I did nothing malicious in order to get banned. It appears I was banned for going afk. While I agree that AFK people should be slain/kicked to keep the game moving when dependent on spawn counts, I think that a permanent ban without any warning for simply going AFK is a bit past the far side of extreme. You want people to play on your server, right? You then must try to be accommodating and take a 'reformation and education' stance with your playerbase, instead of a punishment and ban happy stance.

I enjoy the game type of your smaller server and was beginning to fit in with the small group that plays on it. I request an unban from the server and I would advise for a revision of your admin practices.

16. Baron_Norab

I didn't think the kick perma-banned people. :eek:

Sorry Domhnall, you went afk for quite a few rounds and I was doing that. I thought it was just a simple kick for a few minutes.

17. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Very occasionally, for no good reason, people get banned for periods longer than the 10 minute kick/ping ban. It's happened to me before, so don't take it personally, either of you. That being said, I'm not sure how to fix it. :(

18. Baron_Norab

I tried all of the unban commands in the admin panel, but they never give any feedback, so I don't know if any of them worked or not.

19. FuzzyBlueBaron

Domhnall, could you please get back to us as to whether any of the measures Norab's tried have worked? TY.

20. Noburu

I will check the logs right now. The admin>kick in the Escape menu should only ban for 30 minutes. Unfortunately there is no easy/quick way to kick for shorter unless the admin manually types "\rcon \kick name 1" into the console. Depending on name length and characters this is a large hassle. Odds are since this was a few hours ago you are already unbanned.

Also, for the admins, if the unban command works it will tell you. I have only gotten it to ever work using /unbanhid command. You need a ~12 long host id number from the logs for it.

I will edit this post or post back here when I find something out.

Mods: jackitch
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.