1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Action [!] [CTF + Trolls]

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by BlueLuigi, Nov 23, 2011.

Mods: jackitch
  1. AJ

AJ Emperor of Mankind Donator

Bombs fix the proble... oh wait you dont have bombs.

2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Indeed. Oddly enough I'm not sure if the tent is supposed to be under the teamdoors or above them, would probably let me fix the problem, but the tent tries to spawn above th teamdoors, then ends up in them (breaking them) then the bedrock ends up underneath it.

3. Thiel

Thiel KAG Guard Tester

I have a few suggestions for this servertype;
    1- Duplicate every map and swap the team safe houses, so both teams have a go at it.
    Ofcourse this'd add 2 problems;

• The flags have to be capture-able for both teams when you do that. The original map has that pretty well covered, just make sure the enemy can't get up there. (without a superman bomb, or a really lucky glitch anyway) And that's one problem solved.
    • The bomb problem cant really be solved unless you could add bombshops. I'd reccommend just giving both teams bombs, most of the players throw it out immideatly anyway, and it kinda makes sense that the defenders have bombs anyway, besides, it's their castle, they oughta have some bombs stacked somewhere. I don't think it's all that gamebreaking, and the castle would suffer a bit more too, which could be cool. (Adds variety!)
    But even if you dislikes those two changes, (even tho I wouldn't see any reason to dislike the first one), I think the + of being able to play both sides totally beats the two downsides described above. (It also fixes the growing unbalanced-team issue, I'm sure Kyzak would like that. ;))

2- More time or less units! It speaks for itself, usually the game end in a tie, with the enemy still at 60ish units. Or it ends due to a well performed or lucky flag capture. The tie, however, is much more common. And time vs units should be at pretty much the same level.

The newest map, once fixed, it still seems pretty tough. There's no way for the knights to get up to the flag since all "ladders" are team trapbridges. Maybe you could make the castle bigger, that way you can add multiple routes to the flag. It's a bit boring-ish, and once you have the flag, the only way out is by using the first floor door, because the other one is so freaking near their spawn.

And the two pits in the beginning of the map are a bit annoying, alot of people suicide in it. I think 1 would be enough.

IloveElectro likes this.
  4. McChunks

McChunks Shark Slayer

5. BlueLuigi

We've had both of these, people complained a lot that red were simply 'too' overpowered, having all these catapults, rocks for them, bombs, archers, etc. We could try giving reds back bombs, surely.

The units are supposed to be quite a bit less, I'm not sure why it keeps increasing and ending up with a really high number. It should be 5 units PER red player.

I think the new map has been fixed a bit now, guess we'll see how it works out soon.

I believe he's going to fix out the castle a bit, and we'll hopefully see more maps for this game type. :)

6. BlueLuigi

Adding it in now.

7. maltchi

maltchi Shopkeep Stealer

Would it be possible currently to let te defebnding team build their own castle within the build time, and then disable builders afterwards? Because i feel like that would be pretty interesting, considering all we have now is the prebuilt maps that could get pretty boring after a while.

8. BlueLuigi

I'm not sure what's possible or not, but I would reallly love to see this if it were.

9. McChunks

McChunks Shark Slayer

Map is updated : Siege Boat.png

EDITED:

Here is your FIX of the FIX

Attached Files:

BlueLuigi likes this.
  10. baranok

baranok Shopkeep Stealer

11. McChunks

McChunks Shark Slayer

Luigi, You need to update the map with the fix, people are still falling from the top of the map : Siege Boat.png

BTDubs: My ping went off the scale and it banned me from the server D: Halp.

12. BlueLuigi

Hokai, will update it again, also will fix that ping thing, not sure why it's doing that, but I'll restart and set it to not ban from ping at all :<

13. BlueLuigi

Put it in rotation, will be out all night (Thanksgiving and all), if something goes wrong can just nextmap it ;)

14. Beef

Beef ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ ก้้้้้้้้้้้ Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Can the attackers get across the chasm without dying? Hard to tell from that size. If so, cool map. I can already tell that plain before the castle is going to be a killing field :eek:

15. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

Yes, there are catapults. :D
    And if they don't work I'll add a way.

16. baranok

baranok Shopkeep Stealer

map changes
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

btw red ticket count is really high , they can even suicide too much and no touch on tickets
    in older version it made red more defensive and careful now they push more than attackers - paradox :(

map patch 1.2
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. BlueLuigi

There is a bug of sorts with unit count it seems.
    First map after server reset: Proper ticket count.
    After that: Raises, every time map restarts, within 2-3 restarts it gets to ridiculous amounts.
    Updating maps now, just got home.

18. McChunks

McChunks Shark Slayer

Siege Boat Map Fix for Attacking: Siege Boat.png

My third map, the first version. Post any issues/ suggestions in the actual thread in the map section. Thanks.
    [AD]The Wall.png
    "The Wall"

THIS IS THE REAL UPDATE:

[AD]The Wall.png

Fixed Map
    [AD]The Wall.png

Sure.

On another note:
    Omaha Beach v2.
    OMAHA BEACH.png
    And Siege Boat FIX: Siege Boat.png

[edit - trelawney] merged a few of your posts MrChunks to make things a bit more readable

19. McChunks

McChunks Shark Slayer

Sorry, but Skydive is a really cool concept, but a bad bad map.
    First of all, You put ladders at the bottom of the pit for Blue to land on. Well Red can just destroy them and then, WHOA, games over! Blue loses automatically!

And Second of all, (Not sure if this is just me or what.) I experience HORRIBLE lag on this map for some reason. I believe it's just a BIT to big.

And in all honesty, I don't really find it an Attack and Defend map.

20. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Hint: Red is the defending team.

[edit - Trelawney] I linked rather than embedded your images Cont.

BlueLuigi likes this.
Mods: jackitch