1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Action! Unlimited

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by Rayne, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: jackitch
  1. Arcrave

Arcrave http://tinyurl.com/ArcravesTheme Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

> Alpaca being frustrated in his Whale eye

2. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

>mfw yagger hasn't even seen me play
    >Yagger still insulting me for complaining about the mechanics being shit
    >the mechanics still being shit

3. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

I actually quite enjoy the current archer now that I've gotten used to it. I had a positive k/d, once.

4. Piano

Piano Bison Rider

^ New archer is so perfect; annoying everywhere

5. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

the thing is though, archers are supposed to have an amazing kd, cause they have ranged shots. Beta requires archers to sit in a tower and spam if they wan't to be productive (in game modes other than ctf), which is not all that fun for the archers, or the people playing against them.

Internet speeds/ping still makes a huge impact on knight combat, but it's harder to physically see it, which makes scrubs who try to gangbang you, only to put themselves in a position where you can double slash all three of the fuckers at once, but who end up killing you because their hits land first when you started before they did because you have shitty internet, think that they're good.

6. Arcrave

>Beta Archers
    > only productive when spamming from towers
    This is the response of a scrub who hasnt spent too much time playing beta. :kappa:

7. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester

[​IMG]

8. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

Not sure if it's just my lag, because my internet is still less than a single fucking mb per sec down, and about a fifth up, but seriously arcrave:

Given:
    Knights can charge slashes in a fraction of a second,

Slashes one hit KO as many archers that they hit, because slashes pierce now,

Even assuming the archer is floating in mid air, with no walls around them for knights to climb up, knights can still jump practically 5 blocks (When you consider the fact they're already 2 high to begin with),

At least with my shitty internet, knights can slash you from over 5 blocks away,

Arrows are super short ranged, and only shield break at obscenely close distances,

Arrows only do a single heart of damage when they hit,

It takes less time to jab, which does 1 heart, than it does to charge the bow enough to fire the weakest arrow, which does less than 1 heart,

It takes considerably less time to charge a slash, which does 2 hearts, than it does to get a fully charged arrow, which does 1 heart,

Triple shots take forever to charge, and at the very most can do 2 hearts, of the knights' 4 max, at very close range only, assuming the knight knows how to hold down rmb,

it's a hell of a lot harder to aim arrows than jabs and slashes,

charging bow slows you down considerably,

you have to turn around so that you are moving backwards in order to shoot at a pursuing knight, which slows you down considerably

Inferences:
    archers are practically always way slower than knights, unless just running away and not dealing any damage

it takes archers way longer to attack than knights

archers have very short range, and the range in which they are actually useful in 1 vs 1 against knights is close enough that the knight could just kill the archer in 2 jabs, or 1 slash, each of which take under a second, which is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY shorter than it takes to charge shots, especially the trip shot, which is the only one that can do substantial damage

CONCLUSION:
    knights can 1 hit ko archers with slash, 2 hit with jab, archers need to get four hits w/o shield to kill knight, and
    since archers are slower than knights, and have to be close enough for the knights to hurt them to actually cause damage (unless the knights are otherwise engaged or really, REALLY stupid), and knights can kill archers in a fraction of the time it takes the archers to even try to deal just a little bit, ARCHERS ARE USELESS IN CLOSE QUARTERS, AND ONLY GOOD AT LONGER RANGES IF THE ENEMY KNIGHTS ARE PREOCCUPIED AND THEREFORE CANNOT SHIELD, OR ARE REALLY FUCKING BAD AT THIS GAME.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 10, 2013, Original Post Date: Nov 10, 2013 ---
    So, while it is true that the majority of the player base is shit at this game now, please, play in a cw against a real clan, and help your team by doing something other than spamming arrows at enemies who are buys firing at your knights.

9. Piano

Piano Bison Rider

tl;dr knight dominant race

10. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

basically yeah. I don't like knights because, while in 1v1, and 1v2, maybe 1v3 IF you have enough space, skill is actually a factor, but when you have 5 guys mobbing you, I don't care how good you are, unless a good number of them suck, you're either dying or retreating.

And the servs either have a lot of players, or little maps, so there is a lot of mobbing.

E: anyways, arcrave, yagger, I expect to see a legitimate fucking argument when I get up in the morning, if you pull some "lol no scrub, i win cuz 5 yr old" shit I will be severely disapointed in you.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  11. Arcrave

Alpaca, seriously give the game some time. Being a good classic player doesn't mean that you'll be the same in Beta. I've literally killed +5 mobbing knights solo before steam, you have to learn how to play the class effectively, how the new phys works, how stuns work, how slashes work. Beta knight combat is much better than classic. The thing with archers, the only people i see complaining about how bad archers are, are usually the worst of the bunch. If Archers learned to use the massively OP knock back on arrows they'd survive alot longer. Archers are super frail because they have +movement, +range, and spec arrows. I've literally seen archers lead the scoreboards. You can literally down entire towers with one arrow volley and destroy any siege vehicle from a completely safe position. 1 bomb arrow destroys stone doors, I've spammed +3 bombs and couldn't do it. Please learn to adapt to new game mechanics and class changes.

P.S.

Get rekt Fagit :rekt:

[​IMG]

12. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

Lol, because ARcher is actually so OP.

Basically full charge, and knight can't even stop you, then grapple back to base. 2 hearts erry time, and knights get thrown back about 5 blocks.

13. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester

[​IMG]

14. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Archer is strong and super fast if you play it right, but it's also super fragile, and it takes a while to get it down to a tee. Don't expect all the kills in the world, because unlike the knight you can't always get down up close to finish the job without considerable risk, so you need to aim strategically rather than spam-tastically.

Oh, or you're probably mad because bad. That's the other option.

15. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

was gonna wall of text, but fuck it.

Yes, I know i need to give the game some time, but given that the majority of the playerbase is now total scrubs who don't even know how to light bombs, I'm already above average.

I can't use op archer knockback on arrows because I lag, and knights can kill me by walking within 5 blocks with their shield up. Without close range knockback and shieldbreak available, archers are absolutely a support unit.

I can't play as knight because even when I start swinging frames before my opponents, their hits still land before mine.

I can still rape all of the scrubs, but I can't do anything against real players.

I'm basically upset because beta is even more biased against players with bad internet than alpha is.

I'm sure archer is super fun for all of you with good internet who get to walk right up to a knight and trip shot his face, but for me, I literally explode into pieces if one of them so much as looks at me.

16. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

Lol, you can still kick ass with 200 ping. you just have to play differently.

17. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

Ah ah. My ping is amazing. My internet is shit. I admit, I was really wrong before. I was making the assumption that the ridiculous range on other people's hits, and their really short charge times, was just part of the game mechanics, because my ping was only 33, lower than it's ever been in alpha for a reaaaaally long time. Then I checked my speeds, and they were literally under 1 down, 1/4 up.

I am not exaggerating one bit when I say that I get killed as archer when a knight so much as walks within 5 blocks as me, without swinging.

As knight, I get jabbed from 5 blocks away through shield. I thought it was just shitty game mechanics and bad collisions, but I was wrong, It's probably my gay as fuck internet speeds. There are not words to express how much I despise verizon right now. I pay for 20 mbps down, and I get less than 1. what is this shit?

E: i stand corrected about that too, my ping is now over 8000 on all the servers, and I can't join any games. I'll get a better internet... Some day..........

18. Piano

Piano Bison Rider

19. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

I mean, i'm sure there are ways to get around lag issues, as there are in alpha, and arcrave's right that I need to play more to get to know them, but i've played quite a bit, and if i didn't have lag issues, I would actually be quite good now.

20. Arcrave

MFW I'm the voice of reason :rekt:

Mods: jackitch
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.